What are you, 8 months?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By 208mama
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By ShyButterflyMomma
  • 1 Post By Panda
  • 2 Post By 208mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran

A very nice mother of 5 asked me this at the gym today. She broke the ice by asking if this was my first baby, and I said, "No, 3rd." Then she said, "what are you, 8 months?" I said, "No, 5, I'm just popping out really early!"

Omgosh, wait till she sees me at 8..!
MommaBean18 likes this.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Isla Elizabeth - 4/28/14
December 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked 8 with my 3rd! I am already looking bigger than I had thought. I know I have extra pudge there, but my stomach was no where near this big.

I wish people had filters.
208mama likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 11th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Veteran
Oh wow.. Some people need to think before they speak.
208mama likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow...rude! I would never say that! What is so hard about just asking "how far along are you?"

December 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'm getting the opposite: "You are so tiny!" which makes me mad because I can't fit any of my old clothes!!! I really want to say to them, "****it, I've earned this so far."
December 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was visiting my grandfather this last week one of his nurses said she could tell I was having a girl by the way I was carrying. I was like, "Really? I'm not due until May!" The look of shock on her face was priceless. She was like MAY?! I couldn't help but laugh, I am not looking forward to the fun comments later like are you SURE it isn't twins or jeeze, how long are they going to let you go?? But for now, I am able to laugh at them.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ya I get that sometimes... Or people say oh it's a girl or oh it's a boy and I just say idk I'm only x number of weeks... Or the one I really hate oh this must be an oops baby who would want their kids that close together?? ME I would I think almost two years is a good gap... They better watch out I'm nice now at 5 months but may get crazy at 8 or 9 lol!! Or oh it's twins grrrrr leave me alone!!
MommaBean18 likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 11:25 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I tell ya, some people just need to keep their thoughts to themselves! Sorry you had this experience. You think she would know better to say something when she has 5 kids- I bet she had some rude comments too. Jeesh.

December 12th, 2013, 11:36 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
It's ok, I wasn't super offended, just a little thrown off. I thought that her knowing it was a 3rd baby, and being a mom of 5 herself, she might have known better!

I swear, I am going to act shocked when a stranger mentions my belly next time. I keep forgetting!! I want to be like, "huh?? I'm not pregnant, what do you mean??" lol, so mean.
joanna26 and emilyeeb like this.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Isla Elizabeth - 4/28/14
December 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 208mama View Post
I swear, I am going to act shocked when a stranger mentions my belly next time. I keep forgetting!! I want to be like, "huh?? I'm not pregnant, what do you mean??" lol, so mean.
Hahahaha. Thats awesome.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
With my last pregnancy I just wore a shirt that said "we're hoping it's a pony" no one really said much to me....

This time I'm a sahm and really the only places I go is to grocery store and the employees know.. But I'm also not really showing yet. When photobucket gets it's act together I'll post some new ones lol
December 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I told one of my coworkers last night. She responded with "You know I was wondering, but I didn't want to be rude". She's so sweet.

December 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I read this post then had to go back to your bump pic in the subforum again and come back here. 8 months, seriously?! It looks like you have a neat little bump in your pics. Definitely nowhere near the size of an 8 month bump! Haha what a weirdo . I remember expecting a monstrous bump going back to look again abd thought I was thinking of the wrong person after I read this. You look slim and awesome witha cute little baby bump. I am getting either that I look ridiculously huge or that I'm small from people which is just stupid lol. Make up your minds people!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search