LOVE or HATE your pregnancy body

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 06:09 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I will admit, my first trimester I felt bloated and disgusting, but as time has progressed and I have been less bloated - I LOVE how my body is taking shape to the baby.

I am a thicker girl with an hourglass shape. I was afraid that I would be thrown right into FAT (even tho it would have still been ok,) (and ESP because I crave nothing but SWEETS! LOL) but it seems as tho this baby is taking a nice shape into my belly and migrating the weight from my hips into that area. My belly is becoming more round and solid and even tho my boobs have gotten bigger, they are also proportioned to my new shape.

Is there anybody else who is loving their new shape? Or are you feeling quite the opposite?
December 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not at that phase yet because I could still be mistaken for being just fat. When I'm further along, I love the look of my body. I'm a person who enjoys pregnancy (even with the horrid SPD) and its the one time I feel the most comfortable in my own skin.
StilettoGirlMama likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
This time has been a little different for me. I normally gain weight ALL over and that is just not fun. This go round, I have barely gained weight and my body is still normal looking except for my protruding belly. I normally carry my weight in my tummy and it is rather nice not to feel like I have to"ssuck it in" all the time. The down side, is I look about 7 months pregnant already .
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Super Mommy
I also love how Im looking. Im bigger as well so its nice looking pregnant and not just chubby! I suddenly popped and got pretty big though so im sure in about 2 months I'll be horrified at how bit I am....I might re-think the whole love my body thing lol

December 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a bit strange. I find myself frustrated with nothing fitting and I hate that everything gives me love handles right now but think that I look ok in clothes. Clothes annoy me and being me down more than anything. But I still find myself looking at my body naked in the mirror every night just rubbing my bump and thinking I look so sexy and good. My legs are looking kinda nice and slim (moreso than in august), I still have some waist left that curves in before the bump so it kinda looks bolted on there as an afterthought and my hips look good too (just not in pants ). My nipples are getting darker which I'm not sure about but my boobs are more swollen and pretty otherwise too where I usually am pretty flat chested. I feel all womanly and gorgeous and full of myself when I'm naked. Before pregnancy it was the other way around, thinking I looked good in clothes but feeling less than confident naked. For the most part I liked my very pear shaped body before pregnancy but I am kinda in love with myself right now.
StilettoGirlMama likes this.

Last edited by bella88; December 12th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
December 12th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eh I love that my body is growing a baby but I am incredibly frustrated with clothes right now so.... My regular stuff doesn't fit right but maternity clothes look silly so I'm just annoyed every time I look in the mirror! I think I'll feel better about it when I am showing more and can wear cute maternity clothes.

December 12th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can tell that I have a bump but I don't think it is super obvious to people that don't know. I like when I get to be around 24 weeks because then the bump is obvious and I start to feel more pregnant! Overall I can't complain too much though; I just can't wait to get into the for sure pregnant looking stage!

December 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still just look fat and I have gained 20lbs ... I can see it in my face which bugs me the most! Once the belly is actually round and out there i will feel better.

December 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
For me it's less love/hate and more just fascinating. It's quite an adjustment so far!

I'm thin and small framed so I've been showing for a long time. I have the "cute" pregnancy body now, but just watch, I'll be one of those pregnant gals whose belly gets soo big and totally is out of proportion and just looks well...freakin' huge.
bella88 likes this.
December 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am fluffy as well and I am LOVING my shape this time! I feel like a pregnant Goddess! I know I am going to be huge and uncomfortable in no time but for now, I will enjoy it.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
For me it's less love/hate and more just fascinating. It's quite an adjustment so far!

I'm thin and small framed so I've been showing for a long time. I have the "cute" pregnancy body now, but just watch, I'll be one of those pregnant gals whose belly gets soo big and totally is out of proportion and just looks well...freakin' huge.
I get that huge belly at the end, I look like I could tip forward at any time haha.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really loving anything about pregnancy right now. I'm so chunky (not cute and pregnant at all) and nauseous and just a bit miserable...I just want my body back and I'm worried about how much weight I'm gaining...
December 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love =) I have a nice round belly and I'm clearly pregnant. So happy to move away from the "is she gaining weight or making a baby?" stage. I always pop early though.

December 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
It's taken some adjustment. I have to make sure I look at myself in the mirror every single day.
I was underweight for a long time so I got used to seeing a very skinny figure. Went off to college, gained 40 pounds in two months (which put me at a healthy weight), and freaked out. I've since gotten used to being at a healthy weight, but it kind of feels like the same thing is happening, although at a much slower pace.
I was worried that I would get pregnant 'all over' but I think maybe because I'm tall and my weight distributes pretty evenly, just my belly and boobs have been getting bigger. And it's gentle curves which is really quite nice.
I like the outside more than the inside, though. My insides feel heavy and uncomfortable at times. Quite a bit when I'm trying to sleep. Twinges and pains and uterus growth...ouch.
bella88 likes this.
December 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I'm liking my body right now. I'm actually down 7 pounds from my start weight and my face has thinned out a lot. People keep saying wow you look like you've lost weight...lol not what you'd expect being pregnant. I am eating a lot healthier and haven't been into sweets like my normal non pregnant self. Maybe that's why!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search