complete placenta previa found...updated 12/13

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa meaning the placenta is laying over the entire cervix. The biggest risk is bleeding. Some women have to go on bed rest. I'm on pelvic rest for the rest of the pregnancy and unless the placenta moves entirely off my cervix I will have to have another c section between 33-37 weeks. Not the appt I was expecting. I travel 1.5 hours one way to this hospital because I'm trying for a vbac..and now it might all be for nothing.

I'm going back in 4 weeks for a repeat ultrasound. Most previas that move do so before 30 weeks...so I'm hoping and praying that mine moves enough to have my VBAC.

Updated after a talk with my OB
Yesterday I spoke with the other OB in the practice. Today my ob called..and I freaking love her.

I am still on pelvic rest..no exercise...limit the amount of times I'm picking up my kids...she wants me to be pretty sedentary until my next scan which is Jan 14th. she said the placenta is covering the middle of the cervix and it needs to move a lot for a vaginal birth to be safe...it has to move off the cervix entirely plus another 2cm away from the edge of the cervix. She said we have time but that it needs to move a lot to be successful. She said that if I bleed once I wont be put on bed rest but a second bleed will land me on bed rest until the placenta moves or until its time for my section. I'm allowed to go to my local ER if I bleed but to tell them to keep their hands out of my vagina as any poking or prodding down there can be very harmful. So overall I feel better..and more prepared...and now I just hope and pray this placenta moves to a better position.

Last edited by *CAMM*; December 13th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
December 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
What a bummer. =( I had one than migrated by 32 weeks with #3 but it was not fully complete. I hope yours migrates north, and most importantly you have a healthy, happy little one.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 12th, 2013, 07:50 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping it moves for you.. so sorry for the disappointing news

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Well that sucks. Fingers crossed your placenta starts moving soon!

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
December 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no. I am sending migration vibes!! Coooome on placenta, move on up!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 12th, 2013, 09:45 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
So sorry to hear, I'm hoping it migrates up for you!!!

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
December 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm hoping the placenta moves for you so you can have the VBAC. we're here for you

December 13th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I am so sorry! I had a complete placenta previa with DD2 that never moved. I went on pelvic rest at 20 weeks. I was put on total bed rest at 27 weeks due to spotting. At 32 weeks I went into preterm labor and was hospitalized for a week. They were able to stop it. But it was then that I had the steroid shots for her lungs. I was able to hold out until my scheduled c-section at 36 weeks. I had an amnio done that morning to make sure her lungs were mature before we delivered. She was perfectly healthy at 36 weeks.

I'm not going to lie. Placenta pre via SUCKS! I really hope for your sake that it moves. The only nice thing, you will get a lot of extra u/s and attention. Let me know if you have any questions. I am so anxious for my anatomy scan and to find out where my placenta is.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
December 13th, 2013, 03:40 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had partial placenta previa with ds and it moved by 27 weeks. I'm praying it moves for you!

[/url

December 13th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decemberhill View Post
I am so sorry! I had a complete placenta previa with DD2 that never moved. I went on pelvic rest at 20 weeks. I was put on total bed rest at 27 weeks due to spotting. At 32 weeks I went into preterm labor and was hospitalized for a week. They were able to stop it. But it was then that I had the steroid shots for her lungs. I was able to hold out until my scheduled c-section at 36 weeks. I had an amnio done that morning to make sure her lungs were mature before we delivered. She was perfectly healthy at 36 weeks.

I'm not going to lie. Placenta pre via SUCKS! I really hope for your sake that it moves. The only nice thing, you will get a lot of extra u/s and attention. Let me know if you have any questions. I am so anxious for my anatomy scan and to find out where my placenta is.
Thank you for sharing!! I'm honestly so scared...the doctor scared the **** out of me at my appointment...words like blood tranfusions..hemorrhage..he even mentioned I might have to be on bed rest in the hospital if the bleeds get really bad He said that new research is showing better outcomes taking the babies even as early as 33 weeks. I am by myself all week long..my husband works out of town...so this is going to b very hard. The doc stressed that I have any bleeding even spotting I need to come in ASAP...not to let anyone check me and to stress that I have complete previa to any medical person that comes near me.

December 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have everything crossable crossed that it moves for you and you get your VBAC. I have not dealt with this but I can imagine what you're feeling right now. *hugs* I wish there was more I could do to make you feel better.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 13th, 2013, 06:27 AM
It is really, really scary at the beginning because of the grim picture the Dr paints. But they do that so you know how serious it is. My spotting was really light both times. And I am convinced that it happened both times because of straining to have a BM. I even stressed that to my Dr...but he wouldn't take any chances. When I went into preterm labor, I had already been admitted for spotting (again, I think because of the BM) and the stress of that, I believe, is what started the contractions.

My Dr was really optimistic at first that the placenta would move, but when it didn't by 24 weeks, and it was still a complete...he put me on moderate bed rest. Basically I could do what I needed around the house and run errands, but nothing extra. And when I was home...I needed to be down. I haven't read anything lately about previa because I don't want to jinx myself. But when I had it...I know that our goal was to keep her in until 36 weeks.

December 13th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I know how you really want a vbac! I hope it moves way out of the way very quickly!! Sounds like we both didn't get the greatest news at the anatomy scan but I hope we both hear better news at our next ultrasounds!

December 13th, 2013, 06:47 AM
This doctor didnt seem hopeful at all ....I have put in a call to my ob's office because I have so many questions and felt so bombarded yesterday..I didnt take much in except the scary words like bed rest, bleeding and death =(
Was your placenta attached to the cervix or just laying on top? They said my cervix was really long and thick so thats good at least. I havent had any bleeding or spotting but he acted like that was to be expected more in the second and 3rd trimesters and that I will probably be having some soon =(

December 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Veteran
Praying for you and that that placenta moves!!
December 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I hope everything works out well for you and baby!

December 13th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Thank you all!! I updated the first post after my talk with my OB today.

Oh she also said the placenta is not attached to the cervix..another plus!

December 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I am really glad it's not attached to your cervix. I can't remember if mine was or not.

December 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Hoping that things improve for you. Hugs

1/12 3/13
December 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that things work out for you. I cant imagine how stressful this would be!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search