We are (tentatively) on team....

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By anhoyle
  • 1 Post By Case2014
  • 1 Post By Tree_Love
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By BB2014
  • 1 Post By emilyeeb
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By MommaBean18
  • 1 Post By Kellylovesricky
  • 1 Post By joanna26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy

PINK!

Although I will believe it when it is confirmed at next weeks u/s! First the doc said the legs were closed...then she said "well there isn't anything there so I would guess girl" (but from what I have read no penis does not automatically mean girl)...then a minute later she said "something something girl"...she mumbles a lot so idk if she said "definitely girl" or what and DH didn't hear either. Since I know that it is more common to be told girl and then find out later it's a boy I'm going to wait until it is confirmed at the next ultrasound.

I'm worried though because she said that the hb was slow...she didn't tell me what it was and we didn't hear it (this is literally the first time she has ever measured the hb). She said she wasn't worried though because it's still developing...idk if she meant it was low normal or below normal...DH thinks it must just be low normal since she wasn't worried but of course I am!

What also worries me is that she wrote on my referral form for next week that there is a cyst on the placenta...she didn't mention this at all, just wrote it on there and I didn't see it till later so I couldn't ask questions I've looked a little online about this and so far I've seen it can cause growth restriction and even asphyxia I have no idea how big it is though or if it is near the umbilical cord (apparently that is when it poses the biggest threat). She said the baby was measuring on track though and overall everything looked good. I'm trying not to freak out but it's hard. I hoped I would be relieved after this appt. and excited if we found out the gender but now I'm even more anxious

Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers...our ultrasound at the hospital is next Thursday and I will update you on what they say.
peace.love.audrey likes this.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; December 13th, 2013 at 06:06 AM.
December 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
Sending you positive thoughts and prayers!!!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

December 13th, 2013, 07:06 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for good news!((hugs))

[/url

December 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran
praying for good news at your next appointment. Id be the same way as you. my new dr isnt considering me high risk because he wasnt there for my first. but i still worry about it.

Hugs to you though!
December 13th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs mama! I know at all my u/s appts (even at different offices or the hospital) the tech wasn't allowed to tell me about what they were seeing. Only what they were looking at as far as anatomy (like oh look a leg!), the heartrate and gender. They could only write a report and then the doctor could review it and tell me what was going on, the tech isn't allowed to diagnose you even if they know more about what they are seeing than a doctor. But if it makes you feel any better, the one time I had a problem they asked me to wait until the doctor could go over the u/s with me before I left. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Congratulations on your possibly girl!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 13th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_Love View Post
Big hugs mama! I know at all my u/s appts (even at different offices or the hospital) the tech wasn't allowed to tell me about what they were seeing. Only what they were looking at as far as anatomy (like oh look a leg!), the heartrate and gender. They could only write a report and then the doctor could review it and tell me what was going on, the tech isn't allowed to diagnose you even if they know more about what they are seeing than a doctor. But if it makes you feel any better, the one time I had a problem they asked me to wait until the doctor could go over the u/s with me before I left. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Congratulations on your possibly girl!!
Thank you This was the doctor...that being said I would trust a tech more with the measurements as my doc (like most docs I think) isn't as confident with using the ultrasound. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!

December 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Congratulations on your "most likely" girl!

Thinking of you and hoping that you can put your mind at ease a bit until next week. I'm sure all is fine!
December 13th, 2013, 05:50 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying for you and little one!

December 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Hoping your doctor can answer all your questions and put your mind as ease very soon.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

December 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurking:

I hope you get good news next time! YAY for team pink! Looks like we were both wrong eh? lol! I'll keep lurking for more updates from you!

December 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandE View Post
Lurking:

I hope you get good news next time! YAY for team pink! Looks like we were both wrong eh? lol! I'll keep lurking for more updates from you!
Haha, yeah! I swore up and down this one was a boy...I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around having 2 girls! Until it's confirmed M and I are trying not to get too attached to the idea of another girl, just in case we are thrown another curve ball!
RandE likes this.

December 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Congrats on a *possible* girl! Keeping your scan next week in my prayers.

December 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Congrats on the girl ?!? Hope all stays well

December 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

December 15th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you!