And the swelling begins...

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Crafty Mommy
Anyone starting to swell yet? In your feet/ankles or elsewhere?

My feet are getting puffy after work and I am already getting that carpal tunnel mess in my right hand from swelling on the tendons I guess. Sigh....my least favorite thing about pregnancy has already begun!

December 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Veteran
I am getting the carpal tunnel syndrome stuff too! It is such a nuisance! I went to Walgreens and bought a wrist brace to sleep in, since it seems to be worse in the mornings.

December 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
amylynn82's Avatar Veteran
My swelling started the beginning of November when my clinicals started. I work 12 hour shifts regularly...but I do home care, so a majority of my 12 hours is sitting. My 12 hour clinicals were up and moving for 12 hours on the hard hospital floors. The swelling is HORRIBLE on clinical days...minimal - but noticeable on other days.
December 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Crafty Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynn82 View Post
My swelling started the beginning of November when my clinicals started. I work 12 hour shifts regularly...but I do home care, so a majority of my 12 hours is sitting. My 12 hour clinicals were up and moving for 12 hours on the hard hospital floors. The swelling is HORRIBLE on clinical days...minimal - but noticeable on other days.
Yikes!! That's early!! November?! I also work 12 hour shifts at a hospital. It can be brutal some days! I think my first day to swell was around 16 weeks and it's been here and there since then. Hoping it keeps it to a minimum, but I know better!

December 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No swelling here, but I have CTS already. I can hardly pick up my toddler now!! I can't even open the milk jug without pain! It is really bad in my left wrist, but I am noticing a little in my right. It didn't start this early with my first, but I had the same problem. By the end of pregnancy, the tendons (or ligaments, I have no idea) were so loose they popped over the bone on the inside of my wrist and I had to put them back. It was exceedingly painful and I am not looking forward to it. I think I will have to pick up some braces. I also heard baltic amber bracelets or magnetic bracelets can help as well.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
None yet. Or at least none that I've noticed. I try to switch between sitting and standing so I'm not doing either one for too long. Although I should cut down on the salt intake so that that doesn't turn into a contributing factor.
But we're planning on getting a pool membership (since the one at our condo is outdoor only) so that I can float around willy nilly. I heard that swimming can help reduce swelling, and I've heard it's recommend to pre-e ladies, so I'm gonna try it! And if nothing else, it will still be nice and fun.
December 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Crafty Mommy
Hadn't heard of the bracelets, will have to look into that. Supposed to get a wrist guard this week hopefully from my mom since I can't find mine from my last pregnancy.

May try the pool too, but I'll probably look like a beached whale....lol!

December 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Veteran
Is anyone else having soreness by the belly button? I'm assuming it's my uterus growing and pushing up against the tissue there. hurts! (PS- I'm hoping my innie stays that way. lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search