This sinus infection will not leave!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive been sick with this since the end of November!! Everyone else in my house got sick too and are all better already. I am a bit better and can at least breath at night now, but my sinuses are always hurting and giving me headaches. I am sick of constantly trying to blow this crap outta my nose...

Poor me

December 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally feel you. I haven't had one in years, but I used to get a horrible 3-4 week sinus infection every time the seasons changed... I would miss like two weeks of school and have to stay in a dark room cause I got such horrible migraines. One time, it spread to my lungs. Oh my gosh it was awful. I eventually got to the point where I could call my doctor and they just sent in a prescription for a z-pack because we both knew what the heck was going on. Now I am really on it with prevention using benedryl like pez candy... lol. Have you been to see a doctor? No sense in suffering when they can give you an rx to fix you up ASAP!!

Eta: Oh shoot. I have never had antibiotics while preggo. Idk if that is something you can do!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
icymommy's Avatar Regular
I know how you feel. When I was pregnant with my son I had asthma problems. Here are some things you can do to help you clear those sinuses.

1. take a warm shower and hang out in the steamy bathroom to open you up.
2. Use saline to clean your nose (or a nedi pot) at least 2-3 times a day.
3. At night elevate you head with extra pillows
4. Exercise can help too. Its opens up the sinuses.

I did the saline and elevation and it was temporary relief for me.

My website: BabyDealsandFreebies.com

December 15th, 2013, 01:51 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup. Showers have been such a help. I'll run a super hot shower and just sit in the bathroom a couple times a day. Yeah, waste of water, but it's so helpful for your sinuses!

I read on my pregnancy app that almost every pregnant woman will go through this. So WHY haven't they come up with something to help out with the misery??
Sheesh.
December 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I've been using saline spray daily (sometimes 2x a day) but I still ended up with a cold. Was hoping it would be the magic trick. Neti pot also didn't prevent

I bought a warm-mist humidifier, but of course it broke the first time I used it and I haven't gotten a new one. I'm going to try the shower steam tonight though, I'm miserable

Samantha, I had a sinus infection in October, and I was prescribed Augmentin.
December 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSHaye View Post
Yup. Showers have been such a help. I'll run a super hot shower and just sit in the bathroom a couple times a day. Yeah, waste of water, but it's so helpful for your sinuses!

I have been wasting water like a MOFO lol

December 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Super Mommy
I'm with you! I've had my sinus infection since before Thanksgiving. At least my asthma is no longer triggered by drainage. But I got a yeast infection from being on antibiotics for 1.5 weeks (it used to take 4 weeks on antibiotics to cause yeast). Diflucan one dose didn't work so I got a 3 day prescription cream last week. Once I got the yeast, I stopped the antibiotic. So by Saturday I was in pain from the sinuses again. I started the antibiotic back up. I've finished the 3rd day of cream, so I am really hoping that is over. I will be eating my yogurt religiously with my antibiotic to make sure this clears up.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

December 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Veteran
I used to be very stuffy when waking up in the morning. I started sleeping with a water vaporizer and it works wonders! I wake up feeling much better and less/un stuffy.

December 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Augh, I caved and went to the doc yesterday. Amoxicilin it is
December 18th, 2013, 04:34 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
Yeah, I've been coughing up stuff for almost 2 months. Pretty sure it's the depressed immune system that keeps us sick longer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search