Team green problems lol

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Panda
  • 1 Post By Panda
  • 1 Post By Bluesstarz2
  • 1 Post By AlaskaMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So while I am looking forward to my anatomy scan on jan 15th (23 weeks) . But at the same time I am ready for it to be over so the temptation is gone lol!! My hubby is deployed and will be home just in time for the birth so it really means a lot to him that we find out together at the birth so I'm ready for all the temptation to be over lol!! Anyone else feel the same way?

December 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Yes! See the post I just made today - we lucked out though.

It helped to adamantly tell the tech out loud why we didn't want to know!
December 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
It is really hard being right at the point where we could find out. Sometimes while we are bored on a Saturday, we joke that we could drive down to FetalFoto to find out babies gender. ;p I think it will be worth the wait!!

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
December 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could not wait but maybe in that situation. It would be hard having the option at the scan though. Is your DH in a place where he can skype?? Maybe take a skype device to the scan and try to get him on the line! Lol

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 16th, 2013, 12:27 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Just tell the tech right away you don't want to find out. It helps. We went to a 3d place yesterday and I told her on the phone. So there was zero question when we got there. She told us to look awaywhen she was going to adjust the transducer etc.

Last time it was very hard from 16 to 20 weeks then we were fine with waiting. This time we didn't get antsy until yesterda....
December 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol that's about the only situation I could wait in . It was hard enough getting them to write it down and to not peek on the drive home! Hope you get some great pics to take home, just not a shot of your baby's junk .

Last edited by bella88; December 16th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
December 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately my hubby is on a ship and Skype just isn't an option and the phone calls are expensive at 40 cents a minute so we rely on email and an occasional phone card we were doing once a week but I think we will have to do once every two weeks. I know it will be worth it in the end to have hubby announce what the baby's gender is! But getting there is tough!!! I have a feeling it's a girl so I made this already! I need to make a boy set incase I'm wrong lol!!

anjewellove likes this.

December 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Bluesstarz2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Peeking in from the July DDC. My last pregnancy my husband was deployed and we had the ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope and then we had a Skype date, and i opened it and we found out together. Just an idea if you don't want to wait. :-)

I missed your post above. Sorry he can't skype. Hopefully time flies so you guys can find out the gender!
anjewellove likes this.

December 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Super Mommy
I was Team Green for my first baby and you're right--it's easier once the ultrasound is over! But I really enjoyed not finding out and highly recommend it! Agree with others that you should make yourself very clear to the tech and he or she will have you look away for a short while.
anjewellove likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search