Retaining Water/Cellulite

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tree_Love

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2013, 09:13 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
I hate cellulite!! LOL, who doesn't, I'm sure. But I feel like I'm getting dimply all over my legs already. I have heard that it's water retention, and that the more water you drink the less you retain, but I drink probably 120 oz. a day, pregnant or not, and still retain a ton of water weight in my legs.

WHHHHYYYYYY?!???

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
December 16th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy!! This is going to be opposite of what you have heard, but are you getting enough salt? My midwife has a trick to keep her preggos from being swollen, drink 4 oz of like sea-water-salty water. She said it makes your body go into overdrive to expel all the unnecessary water.

When I was preggo with my first I cut salt completely for 24 hours and it messed me up even more and I became a balloon!
208mama likes this.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

December 16th, 2013, 12:32 PM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Interesting! How often does she have you drink the salty water?

1/12 3/13
December 16th, 2013, 12:35 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha I hear you on the cellulite!!! My legs have gotten slimmer but to compensate for that my cellulite has gotten so much worse. I swear it looks like it comes down to my knees on my thighs .

December 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
Bella - How have your legs gotten slimmer?? They do look tiny in that undies pic you posted. I love the nice dip right under your butt-cheek! LOL, sorry….but I do

When I had a trainer, he told me to use salt as much as I wanted, and then before a show, you quit and it dries you out. It's very interesting. I wonder how much per 1/4 cup… like a tsp, TB?

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
December 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I still weigh less than I started but only by a kilo now. Yay for morning sickness lol. I sure don't miss it! Haha baby has eaten my butt, it used to be much rounder . Granted I definitely had some to lose but oh well, I'm sure I'll find plenty to make up for it in the next few months! It's pretty flattering to find someone somewhere who thinks my legs look little, side on is a bit brutal lol.

December 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had swelling yet so I haven't had it but she said you only need 4oz on an as needed basis. She said it needs to taste like sea water if you want to make it yourself and just down it like a shot.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search