I was in an accident yesterday

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 05:23 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was supposed to be a fun day, turned into being a very very crappy day. I had just picked up my two boys from school, so I had all 3 kids in the car. We were on our way to get my husband from work so we could take the boys to go see Santa.

I drive this route, every day, several times a day. This lady was behind me and I just had that feeling about her, I didn't like her being behind me. Where I turn to go get my husband, its a two way street, one going each way. But to turn on this one road, it's a light and you make the left. If you're continuing straight you go to the right of those turning left. This lady was not paying attention. I had a feeling so I kept a distance between me and the car directly in front of me. I'm the 4th in line to turn, I'm at the slow crawl you are when cars are turning and the next thing I know, she freaking hits me! I had looked in my driver side mirror and all I saw was the side of her face, she as not looking forward. Then BAM, rear ends me. My oldest son was in the 3rd row of the car. He hit his knee on the back of the seat my youngest sits in.

I called the police, got a report. She was ticketed. I made claims with both insurance companies. I was shaking so bad I was upset, but I kept my calm. I'm hoping she doesn't try to fight it, it was clear negligence on her part. I ended up taking my son to his Dr last night during their walk in hours. I then came home and went to bed. I was cramping. This morning I woke up with a sore back. Light cramping. I have felt the baby move a few times.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from a Dr on what they want me to do. Go into their office to be seen or go to the hospital. I know in hindsight I should have gone last night, I felt okay. I was feeling him move, I was crampy. Theres no blood or anything. It was taking forever to get the insurance stuff done, I had to take my son to the Dr. The last time I was in the ER, I was there for many hours. It'll be easier to do it during the day while they're in school. My mom would be able to pick them up if need be, etc. I feel like a jerk for not going.

But everyone else is okay. My son's x-rays came back clear, no fracture. He just has a sore knee. My car there is scratches and it looks like my back sensors are messed up. Her car lost. I drive a Jeep Commander, she was in a small car. I was polite, she was polite. Even though I was fuming. I kept my cool, made sure the police were there, got all the information, a report, etc. She was cited.

Not how I wanted to spend my day, I definitely wanted to go take them to see Santa. That's our plan for today now.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 19th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Let us know how it goes at the doc! I be everything is fine but I would get checked out too!

December 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boo! I was in a wreck when I was farther along in my last pregnancy. Ended up spending several hours in L&D. Not a lot of fun at all! Definitely get checked out but I'm sure everything is fine.

December 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Sorry to hear this, but I am glad that you and the your boys are ok. Luckily it sounds like your car really helped minimize the damage.
December 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Veteran
Oh no! I hope everything is fine! Im glad your boys are ok though!

December 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are amazing for keeping calm... I would have lost it. I get unbelievable protective when I am driving with my kiddo in the car and being pregnant has made it worse.
Kellylovesricky likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
You are amazing for keeping calm... I would have lost it. I get unbelievable protective when I am driving with my kiddo in the car and being pregnant has made it worse.
My oldest was visibly shaken, had I lost my cool, that would have made it worse. He's a sensitive soul and reacts off of my reactions. I was as nice as someone could be but I'm sure my face said why the he** did you hit me?! I would have punched her if I could have.

Baby is okay, I was in L&D about an hour, just making sure everything was okay. He's fine, thank goodness. My oldest is fine. It could have been worse had she been at a higher speed. I love my Jeep, I never want to get rid of it!

Killian's Birth Story
December 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
:-( :-( :-(
I cannot stand careless drivers. So glad you're all fine!
December 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMom View Post
:-( :-( :-(
I cannot stand careless drivers. So glad you're all fine!
Me either! I already have anxiety in a car, this wasn't needed.

Thank you everyone! We are now trying to figure out what to do next. Our state is a no fault state so that makes this whole process more of a pain than is needed. I don't have the extra money laying around but now I need to find a way to replace 2 car seats and one high back booster :/ What timing.

Killian's Birth Story
December 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but glad you all are okay

December 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so sorry for your awful day! Props to you for keeping cool despite your anger and fears. So glad that all your kids are okay.
December 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran
So glad you, baby and the kids are okay! I have such anxiety while driving especially with my son in the car and being pregnant. I pray every time I get in the car! Lol
December 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Lame sauce! Happy to hear everyone is ok.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
December 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately now he's complaining of back pain I just wish this never had happened. Why us? Why can't people just pay attention to the road and what they're doing?! I'm a cautious driver, I just don't get how some people don't think about the what-ifs.

Killian's Birth Story

Last edited by inyourhonor; December 19th, 2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling error.
December 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Take him to a chiropractor. It'll help!
December 20th, 2013, 12:57 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Hugs and thinking of you!

December 20th, 2013, 03:08 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks! What a stupid woman. Tha t no fault tjing sounds crap, she should have to pay for it. Oh well not mucj to be done. Glad she got a ticket at least.

December 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
No fault! That is ridiculous! I'm glad y'all are all ok! Will insurance claims help cover car seats?

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
December 20th, 2013, 04:40 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
SO frustrating! I am glad no one was seriously hurt.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM
No fault is a bunch of bull. My mom is suggesting I speak to a lawyer, just to make sure there is nothing that can be done about getting her insurance to pay. I should NOT have to pay anything, but its being made to look like I'll have to and right now, I can't afford that.

They will cover the car seats, problem is, I have to buy them first, then be reimbursed. Again, this time of year? I don't have the extra money laying around to spend almost $400 on car seats and probably another $75 on a High back booster.

I also hope she's smarter than she was that day and doesn't try to fight the ticket. That would be very stupid of her.

I plan on finding a Chiro around us, we haven't been to one since we moved.

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search