Gender question

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 11:05 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMommy19 View Post
I am still in a little but of denial. I wanted a girl so bad and was overjoyed when I found out she was a girl but someone told me that my US didn't look like her daughter's ultrasound and now she has me all paranoid that she is a boy! Even though I've had it confirmed twice lol. I think I just wanted a girl so bad I'm scared she is going to grow a penis haha!
Lol I still have that issue, only the exact opposite .

December 20th, 2013, 11:58 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still in shock that it's a girl. I was so convinced mine was a boy as well. I still feel like it's too good to be true- that I am so lucky to have a boy and girl. Parents from my classroom keep giving me little baby girl gifts and I still have not accepted that it truly is a girl. I know how you feel 100%!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

December 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
~mama2monkeys~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~mama2monkeys~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~mama2monkeys~
makes perfect sense. I kind of went through the same with my previous pregnancy (our 4th child, 3rd boy). I was convinced he was a girl. Then after finding out he was actually a boy, it took a while to get used to it and like it. So this time around, i'm just not letting myself feel anything! I'm really hopeful for a girl, but my feeling is boy, probably because I don't want to be disappointed.
I'm Carrie, wife to Micah (10/11/03) and mommy to 4 little monkeys! Jonah (10/08/04) Bella Kate (04-05-07) Finlay (09-17-09) Abram (10-28-11)and Baby #5, Baby Boy, Due May 2014!

December 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I was scared to death I might have a girl. I only referred to squish as a he the entire time. I told DH I was afraid I might cry at the ultrasound if she was a girl, deep down I knew she was. Sure enough as soon as they did the ultrasound I saw the 3 lines. I feel bad for still slightly holding out hope at another ultrasound they will say she's actually a boy, but I know better. I'm not disappointed like I thought I would be, but I'm just really scared that I will be a bad mother to a daughter. I love my son so much..what if I slight her or treat her differently and she ends up hating me? Makes me so nervous. I just want to see her little face, hold her and know I'm totally wrong haha!

December 23rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I was convinced Sebastian was a girl, SO convinced in fact, he didn't have a boy name til after he was born lol. The doc told me she's 80% on this being a boy. However, there was umbilical cord all up in the way. I have a gender scan, so we'll see.

DH was with me at target the other day, he was going through newborn girl dresses and pouted, even though he wants a boy lol

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

December 23rd, 2013, 05:12 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I think it's just denial. I felt the same with wanting a girl, but the u/s tech said boy within seconds of looking ... we had our anatomy scan and I wanted her to check again just to "make sure" it was really a boy. LOL

Once you accept and move on you won't feel it anymore.

I went through shock, and then guilt for feeling disappointed because I didn't want to feel ungrateful for my son. But now I don't even care I am super excited for him to get here, buying boy clothes every time I am out!
Cheet_oh likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search