Gender question

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else still coming to terms with the sex of their baby? I was SO beyond convinced it was a boy I have a hard time believe it's a girl. Two different docs said they think it is a girl but something in me still wonders if they could be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, but I almost feel like I have to now start bonding with this baby as a girl since before I was bonding with a boy in my mind...that is how much I was convinced it was a boy. I don't know if any of this makes sense. haha

December 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you ever get an u/s with three lines??

I always thought I'd have girls and more girls. This is a boy and I'm still having a hard time...hmm I can't explain it- I love him to death- just not sure what to expect etc with a boy. The way my girls are acting this week though- I'm happy to find out
December 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally get what you mean! Glad I'm not the only one adjusting to the idea!

I did see 3 lines at both ultrasounds, particularly today but they don't print pictures of that here. They don't print many pictures for the patient to begin with...today I just got a picture of her foot...although it's still adorable I think if you look at the baby from the right plane a boy can also show 3 lines, plus her legs were by no means spread eagle so that is why I'm skeptical. I will probably still ask them to verify it again at my next ultrasound ha ha ha

December 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't deny it after the last ultrasound that I have a boy . I was in a kind of denial before where I couldn't believe that I was getting the boy I wanted so much and kept waiting for the baby to "turn into" a girl at the next ultrasound and then the next ultrasound. I guess I've had nearly 2 months and now the fourth ultrasound with a little penis in it to to believe it.

December 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I'm in denial about a girl. I looked at my three line pics last night and I'm questioning it because 2 of the lines are part of the legs. So I'm iffy on the accuracy. But I'm still hoping.

Scarlett Diane

December 19th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I still do wish this baby was girl, and still dream of pink and bows and such... I get a tad sad when seeing all the cute girl clothes, but I have bought super cute boy stuff. I have no doubt in my mind that I love HIM as he is, but I'm sad I won't have another girl...

December 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I was utterly convinced this one was a boy, too, but those pictures were undeniably girl! It took me a good 4 or 5 days to come to terms with it. I still get overwhelmed if I think too hard about all the girl things. But focusing on names and nursery colors has helped me get more on board with it!

December 19th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have to tell you- two girls has been an awesome blessing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That's why it's been hard for me to adjust- I worry that my little boy won't get to have the same bond as my girls do if we don't have another. Anyway- your little girl will adore her little sister the way boy/girl siblings just can't. That said, I love my brothers too but who do I sit around gabbing with when I'm at their houses? Who do I text and email about get togethers and family presents?? My sisters and SILs
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
December 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I'm having a very hard time coming to terms I'm going to have 4 boys. I've been trying very hard to find him a name, something to connect myself with him even more. I know once he's here, I'm going to love him to pieces. I already do, but I am a bit sad he's not a girl. I don't get all the fun stuff my husband does. Its all petty things that I'll get over.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 19th, 2013, 10:04 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
With my first, I knew she was a boy, I referred to her a "him" and so forth. I wast upset when I found out that she was a girl, just shocked. This time I was secretly kinda hoping it was a boy, so that we could have one of each, since after this, DH is getting the big V.... So a little disappointment at first that it's another girl, but I'm becoming more excited about sister things. It was a little hard at first to know that we won't ever have a little boy... But I'm also falling more and more in love with my girls.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
December 20th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
I have to tell you- two girls has been an awesome blessing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That's why it's been hard for me to adjust- I worry that my little boy won't get to have the same bond as my girls do if we don't have another. Anyway- your little girl will adore her little sister the way boy/girl siblings just can't. That said, I love my brothers too but who do I sit around gabbing with when I'm at their houses? Who do I text and email about get togethers and family presents?? My sisters and SILs
I think you're right about this. I have a half sister that is much older than me and a younger brother close in age. I am way closer with my sister despite the age gap. I hope our girls can have that too...I just hope they don't compete with each other.

December 20th, 2013, 03:02 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved each and every one of these posts. It's good that noone is being nasty about how people work through their feelings in regards to the gender of their babies. Not that I would think anyone here would be like that . I think there's nothing wrong with feeling excitement, disappointment, happiness or even a sense of loss. I'm sure we will all love our babies when they are here no matter what gender and love them now while they are growing in our bellies.

December 20th, 2013, 05:00 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a hard time with the gender stuff last time with #4. After several obvious girl u/s, I was still convinced they were wrong and she was a boy. I even brought a boy and girl outfit to the hospital. I didn't get completely over it until Ii saw her. I wasn't sad then, she was beautiful and. Was in love with her .

Everyone processes disappointments like this in their own way and time.
bella88 likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 20th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I wonder if fewer people had gender disappointment before there were ultrasounds?? I'm not sure if it would be worse spending the entire 9 months thinking"this is a x" and then finding out it's an x? Or is it better because baby is already there???
December 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
I wonder if fewer people had gender disappointment before there were ultrasounds?? I'm not sure if it would be worse spending the entire 9 months thinking"this is a x" and then finding out it's an x? Or is it better because baby is already there???
I've wondered that too...I'm not dealing with gender disappointment but I do think it is a very real and valid thing for some women. I suppose if you knew in advance you could use the remaining part of the pregnancy to get used to the idea.

December 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I was disappointed that they were both girls at first because I really wanted to experience a little baby boy but I'm over it now. I cried like a little brat for about 30 minutes after my ultrasound then remembered how many losses I've had and how extremely lucky I am to have made it this far with my high risk factors. I went home and got out my old ultrasound pictures of my angel babies, apologized for acting like a brat, forgave myself and then moved on. Since that day, I have become more and more excited about my little girls...genuinely excited! I don't think I'll be doing anything permanent after the twins and the possibilities for the future have brought me peace.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
December 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I have to admit I was surprised by my reaction. I have never had a need for a boy but I always thought I was indifferent. But, I'm so stressed out for a lot of reasons right now and that definitely effected my reaction. I'm super in love with my baby but still nervous about the change and the extra expenses that another girl would not have caused.
December 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Definitely! I really wanted another girl... and am worried this little boy isn't going to look much like his 3 older half-brothers. I was soo incredibly grateful my daughter looked so much like the boys (luckily they all look just like daddy). After the ultrasound pic, it seems like this boy is going to look more like me - at least his facial structure because daddy has big cheeks that are easy to see on an ultrasound... So not only worried about gender, worried about looking like older siblings!

Gabriel Toms, 4/29/14
December 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm kind of in denial...mostly because I don't really care about the gender. I was pretty happy not knowing what it was. And then everyone wanted a girl and it turns out it's a boy...yeah I was pretty gravy with not knowing. But oh well.
I guess it also just makes this more real. There's a human being growing in me and it's a boy. It has a gender now. IT has become a HE.
Craziness.
December 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran
I am still in a little but of denial. I wanted a girl so bad and was overjoyed when I found out she was a girl but someone told me that my US didn't look like her daughter's ultrasound and now she has me all paranoid that she is a boy! Even though I've had it confirmed twice lol. I think I just wanted a girl so bad I'm scared she is going to grow a penis haha!
bella88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search