Friday Five

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping?

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts?

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no?

4. Favorite holiday family tradition?

5. Do you know a Grinch?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Just keep breathing.
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? Yes. There are always a few things that I need to grab at the last minute. But it doesn't bother me a bit.

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? Yes.

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? I eat them! I usually get some as gifts, but occasionally make something.

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? We always go to the movies on Christmas Day.

5. Do you know a Grinch? Fortunately, no. Well, I'm sure someone I know isn't really in the holiday spirit, but they're hiding it well.
December 20th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Veteran
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? Yes very much so but out of necessity. If I buy early I'll give it to them then lol

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? Yes! lol

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? I used to, but since becoming pregnant I dont do much anymore.

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? Spending time with family. But thats just this year. And that could be because Im so far away from everyone other than my husband lol

5. Do you know a Grinch? Thankfully they are no longer in my life

December 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Veteran
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? A little

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? yes

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? no

4. Favorite holiday family tradition?Putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving

5. Do you know a Grinch? My husband is a little
December 20th, 2013, 07:34 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? No I'm a planner. DH is procrastinates and we end up getting his parents gifts last minute unless I come up with stellar ideas on my own.

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? Yes!

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? Yes, I do a few select things. My mom and sister are huuuge bakers, so I make things like snickerdoodles and peppermint bark that they don't.

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? There are so many, but our Italian Christmas Eve dinner is tops. It is really special and I'm so thankful that we are still able to carry this tradition on, especially after my dad passed.

5. Do you know a Grinch? I'm sure I probably do (boss perhaps?) but I don't him influence my spirit.
December 20th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? No!! We don't have any big stored to shop in so we have to drive an hour out of town to get to the nearest city. We were done Christmas shopping by the middle of November.

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? Only the ones from Santa! I've been going to sleep at the same time as my daughter so I haven't been able to wrap without being caught.....

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? Nope. But this year I went to a cookie party and came home with 12 dozen different kinds of goodies. Unfortunately I'm completely anti-sweets this pregnancy but hopefully guests like them!

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? We have family Christmas on December 25, then a second Christmas on December 26 with all the extended family. It started because I was born on Christmas so it was my birthday party with the family. Now its just turned into this awesome day where everybody gets together so theres usually 30-40 people.

5. Do you know a Grinch?

My sister. Ahahaha

December 20th, 2013, 09:23 AM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran

I always start early but always leave 1 or 2 things to the very end to get

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? The ones that are bought, are wrapped.

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? Yesssss. Must. This year I made homemade truffles, cream cheese spritz cookies, sugar cookies, thumbprint jam cookies, and I am making rugelach cookies today. I still have herbed dinner rolls to pop out to sometime over the weekend

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? These past few years, nothing has been consistent. We are a military family and we usually travel but, this is my husband's first Christmas with my daughter so we refused to go anywhere. My in-laws including my 2 bro-in-laws are coming for the holiday and staying a few days.

5. Do you know a Grinch? No one comes to mind, thankfully.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

December 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Crafty Mommy
1. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping? No, I like to get it done by Black Friday but my family never has their "lists" ready by then so I miss a lot of good deals!

2. Do you still need to wrap gifts? Nope! DONE! Did a few a day at night after DD went to bed because her "helping" me was taking twice as long

3. Yummy homemade baked goods, do you or no? No, but I make homemade hand/feet scrubs

4. Favorite holiday family tradition? My husband's family opens gifts on Christmas Eve and all have a party that night. Someone always dresses up as Santa and dances around like an idiot to old school Mexican music and hands out goodies to the kiddos

5. Do you know a Grinch? Not this year, most everyone is in the Christmas spirit! Thank Goodness!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz2o2NgDVQX

December 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Yes and no. I usually wait until I getmy burst of holiday energy and do it all then.
Yes!
If I have time, yes. I love to bake, but these past two years I just haven't had time.
Just everyone coming together to visit.
5. Do you know a Grinch?
I don't think I do.

December 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I am. But my husband isn't so everything is bought
Nope. Also done by my husband.
Nope.
Don't have any.
5. Do you know a Grinch?
I'm the grinch. But I don't let it affect others Christmas experience. I hope.

Scarlett Diane

December 20th, 2013, 09:51 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
NOPE! I started extra early this year. Had a shipping company mess up a holiday delivery last year (it got fixed, but I was still mad). I probably take a good week and devote it to holiday shopping.

Nope! I was hiding a few presents and finally wrapped them this past week.

I wish. I thought about it...but no. Not this year. One year, I will.

Eating. Short, sweet, to the point. Actually, we would always have posole on Christmas morning. So yummy. The fact that it was on Christmas made it even more delicious. So yeah...eating.

5. Do you know a Grinch?
I know OF one. Never actually met her. But from what I've heard...total grinch. I think I'll stay far far FAR away from that. I love Christmas too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search