Body shock

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By StilettoGirlMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooooh man.
I had a pretty bad shock the other day.
I was getting ready for my shower and just ended up staring at myself. My boobs are so different (at least to me). I mean...I've never really had the feeling of my boobs touching my torso but now they are (without a bra) and they get sweaty and they look droopy. It's like they're pointing to the ground saying 'That's where we're headed, folks!'
And then my belly...maybe I had just eaten a lot that day but it looked enormous. And being someone that had a long period of being underweight and a brush with bulimia, that's a scary thing. After ten minutes or so of just freaking out and staring at myself, I had to turn the shower off and went to whine to DF. I was almost in tears.
He absolutely loves the way my body looks with all these changes, bless his heart. Maybe he's just smart and doesn't say anything.
I thought I had been doing good with paying attention to my body, but it's different when you see it all in one go instead of, oh these are my boobs, oh this is my belly.

Gahhhhhhh.
Nel likes this.
December 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can be hard the first time. It really is a shock.

My whole body changed drastically and it was changed forever. I wouldnt change it...but it doesnt mean I have to like it! I have stretch marks all over my belly (didnt get a single one until I was 6 months with my son..and then BOOM I look like a freaking tiger...)

I really do love how I look pregnant though...I love the round belly and what it means..but I dont like how I look afterwards. It takes awhile for my body to come back to reality. I have no shame in saying I 100% plan on getting a tummy tuck after this baby...my abs are shot and my belly is forever striped.
inyourhonor likes this.

December 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just so much to adjust to. I feel fine when I have clothes on. But it's when I start examining everything that I start freaking out.

I guess I just need to be happy that I have someone that can be excited for both me and him about all of it. Good support system.
December 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was a big shock with my first also.

It sounds like your DF is an amazing support system. I can understand why you're feeling the way you are, with your past struggles. Its very understandable. I personally would just keep reminding myself there is a wonderful reason on why things are changing the way they are. That's me though, I cannot and would not speak for you on how you feel.

From what you've posted, you are beautiful! It's okay to feel this way, I didn't have your past and I still had a very hard time with my body changing with my oldest and now like CAMM, I love my body when I'm pregnant, I feel more comfortable in my skin pregnant. It's the only time I actually am confident in myself.

*hugs* You have support here also

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a moment just like that the first time. I thought I saw some stretch marks. I hadnt even been worried about them. I was getting dressed and just happened to look in the mirror... I stood there for a few minutes taking it in and just cried. I am NOT a crier and that is definitely not something I normally would cry about but ... so many things changed so fast and that was just the breaking point.

Things never go back to the way they were but that doesnt mean they wont be good/nice again

December 22nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Crafty Mommy
It can be hard when it's your first time to see your body changing, especially with your past, but it's growing a beautiful life in there!

Personally, I am having a hard time because I am getting bigger way faster and the swelling has started so I have big weight swings and I feel humongous! DH is not affectionate or rubbing the belly or really connecting to this pregnancy so much IMO, so that's not helping. All he says when I get upset about it is that I don't look huge and that I was way bigger with DD. Gee thanks! I am still only halfway there!

December 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man, is it bad that it's my third time, I've never had any eating disorders (but always struggled with my body image), and I feel like this almost daily??? I just feel so...fat and uncomfortable and blah. And, it's not like I can do much about it while still dealing with nausea daily! I eat what I can handle and get up and about as much as I can stand.

Hang in there and hugs. I know just how you feel. But- you will get your body back. It may not be the exact same but, I don't think that's as hard to accept once the baby is here and at least things return to semi-normal proportions and, on the subject of boobs- I'm totally lopsided and it has nothing to do with pregnancy (though I'm sure that hasn't made it better). One is perky-Ish and the other one I'm going to be tucking into my underwear soon lol thank goodness for push up bras (they're really not that bad but you know how it is).
December 23rd, 2013, 05:47 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt the same exact way the first time. After that though, it's weird. I normally don't even like to look in the mirror, but when I'm pregnant, I love my body!

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

Last edited by Cheet_oh; December 23rd, 2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Redundancy
December 23rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
Awwww! I hope that you find positivity in this situation as you are carrying a baby and your body is not yours right now.

I have had eating disorders in the past, but it has not affected me during pregnancy. I have fully accepted the fact that my baby is getting bigger and I will continue to as well. WHen I hear his heartbeat and feel his kicks IDC about things like weight etc. However, I do struggle with "thoughts" of how my body will be after giving birth, but I try not to obsess. So I do understand where you are coming from. Just try to look at the bigger picture, because the baby is all worth it

My shock moment was probably the size of my BBs and how dark my nipples have gotten! Again - DH loves them, LOL so I learned to accept it.

Smile, honey!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search