anyone still working out?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 02:47 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no longer working out 5 days a week, but am working out 3-4 days a week, and walking the other days. Squats are my friend right now, because I know they will help with delivery!!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 14th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still try to walk every day but sometimes it's only 30 mins. I also try to get in at least a quick prenatal work out (usually a 10 min one) but sometimes I'm too tried.

January 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Just keep breathing.
Me, sorta. I'm going prenatal yoga and pilates each once a week, and walk my dog about 20-30 minutes each day. It's kind of slow going, though, with all the snow and ice. Sometimes I do strength/stretch exercises at home, maybe once a week.
January 14th, 2014, 03:45 PM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
yes!!! I work out 5 times a week. 20 minutes of cardio and a 5 day weight split at about 75% of what I used to lift. I also do yoga and am about to restart Pilates

1/12 3/13
January 18th, 2014, 02:23 PM
amylynn82's Avatar Veteran
I've really been feeling the urge to get out and walk. Unfortunately...it's been too cold/windy. I'm ready for some nicer weather - SOON!
January 18th, 2014, 11:21 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
My dr said no squats because our ligaments are so much looser, but I am still squatting too. Granted I load each side of the smith machine with only 10 pounds per side…but I do 5 sets of 10. I am basically lowering weight and doing more sets for everything . I finish with 30-40 mins on the stair stepper at an average of 5 speed. On an ideal week I will get in 5 days but lately it's been 2-3.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
January 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 208mama View Post
My dr said no squats because our ligaments are so much looser, but I am still squatting too. Granted I load each side of the smith machine with only 10 pounds per side…but I do 5 sets of 10. I am basically lowering weight and doing more sets for everything . I finish with 30-40 mins on the stair stepper at an average of 5 speed. On an ideal week I will get in 5 days but lately it's been 2-3.
That is so odd. Squats were the one thing my dr said I should try to maintain with my first!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

January 22nd, 2014, 05:13 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Haha! I never started. But we will be going to the pool starting next month. My knees have been hurting fairly often and it gets hard to stand and walk. Hopefully floating around will help ease that.
January 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
My main workout has been our stationary bike. Due to the neuropathy in my legs, I have a hard time with stamina so the bike keeps pressure off my legs. I also dance/cheer a little with my cheerleaders, although I'm tending to wear out very quickly now.

One of my big frustrations right now is I get intense BH (that bring me to my knees sometimes) and pelvic pressure with activity. It has really been limiting and makes me crazy!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
January 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
I didn't even start. This pregnancy has been so exhausting. I consider it a workout some days just to be able to climb into bed with the hip/sciatic/back/pelvic pain.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

January 22nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sooo jealous of you guys that are working out! I wish I could. It made me feel so much better...aches weren't so bad..and I felt healthier!

I can't wait to start back up!

January 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually had a dream I was at the gym last week. I had all these great plans to start but I was so freaking sick. I feel guilty now. I am going to have my work cut out for me after baby comes.

We are going to get my DHs stationary bike back from his parents this weekend and I will start riding that. I have been trying to get to the pool to swim laps at the pool but my attempts to go have been pathetic lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search