Hospital Bag ..just in case

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been putting it off because I just didnt want to face it...but today I finally packed my hospital bag just in case I have an unexpected bleeding episode. The last times I packed hospital bags it was fun...this time not so much. I hope I don't have to use it for a long time.

The whole idea of spending weeks in the hospital is just depressing. I even told the preschool today that there might be a change in who brings my son in and gave them a brief run down of what is going on. It just stinks!!!! So many things that could or could not happen...I just want a freaking magic ball...I hate the unknown of this.

January 21st, 2014, 12:54 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'm really sorry that your joy is overshadowed by worry. I can't imagine how stressful it must be. 10 weeks until schedule C, right?
January 21st, 2014, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this I can't even imagine how agonizing it must be. I hope you don't have any bleeding and she can stay cooking for as along as possible!

January 21st, 2014, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry girl I know this has put a damper on this whole pregnancy for you. Try to get prepared and then not focus on it as much as you can. Hopefully Miss Vivi will take it easy on you and you can make it to your C-section date with no issues.

January 21st, 2014, 01:25 PM
11 weeks until I'm supposed to have my c section. Its just crazy the diversity of what is recommended ...in my support group one woman's doctor wants to take her baby at 34 weeks.(she hasnt had any bleeding yet..)..the other OB in the practice I see mentioned 33 weeks..but my OB is more comfortable with 36. As long as I don't have any bleeding then I should make it to 36 weeks.

Im just so stressed about possibly being in the hospital for weeks away from my babies =( My husband works out of town all week...that can not change..so my kids would move in with my parents and I would only see them (or anyone for that matter) on the weekends.

I totally took my easy pregnancies for granted. I had the normal worry of what if's with them..but nothing like this. Just incredibly stressful when something as sweet and innocent as a baby kick sends you into a panic.

This is why I havent done the bag until now...just makes me all kinds of hormonal crazy weepy mess of what if's. Blah I need to watch a happy comedy now and get out of my funk.

January 22nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I'm sorry you're worried! :: hugs:: crossing my fingers you don't need that bag until she's good and ready!

January 22nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry you are having to worry about this

It's awesome that you have your parents to help you out with the kids. If I were in your shoes I know my family would come together and we'd figure it all out but family would have to take days off etc.

It's good that you have a plan in place just in case.

I'm really hoping at your next appointment your placenta has moved in the right direction but you seem like you know the probability of that happening and it's good to already have that sinking in. KWIM?

January 22nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks =)

I'm moving into the weeks where most women with complete previa start to experience bleeding episodes. So I think it just has me more on edge.

3 more weeks until my next ultrasound...hoping to get some good news for change so it will help with this black cloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjewellove View Post
Sorry you are having to worry about this

It's awesome that you have your parents to help you out with the kids. If I were in your shoes I know my family would come together and we'd figure it all out but family would have to take days off etc.

It's good that you have a plan in place just in case.

I'm really hoping at your next appointment your placenta has moved in the right direction but you seem like you know the probability of that happening and it's good to already have that sinking in. KWIM?
Im lucky that my dad no longer works he is retired. They only live 3 minutes from my house so thankfully if I need them to step in they will and can.

Yeah Im slowly coming to terms with all of this...its not the birth I wanted ..or the way I wanted to experience my last pregnancy..but it is what it is. I think they said I have a 24% chance of it moving at this point...so it would basically be a miracle to avoid a c section now.
anjewellove likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 11:29 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
You never know! They told me from 6wks to 14wks I had a 30% chance of having a viable pregnancy with my first. He is a healthy rumbunctious 6 year old now

January 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
It could move..but not sure if it will move enough to matter. I think it has to move 4-5 inches at the moment to be considered safe for a vaginal birth.

January 22nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
It must be so hard to stay positive when you're also supposed to be prepared for all these bad possibilities. Wishing you the best!
January 22nd, 2014, 02:38 PM
Veteran
I hope all works out for you and the baby doesn't come until your scheduled c-section. Fingers crossed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search