Have you started really thinking about the birth yet?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 2 Post By anjewellove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night I started to get a bit of what they call... cold feet LOL

I really want a natural birth (my first was epidural) but last night I was worrying myself with all the things people have told me in real life. That the birth wasnt the worst part. That the placenta was or the episiotomy or the stitches.. UGH I started thinking my crazy to do this willingly and im going to regret it. That I should be going to a hospital with drugs not the birth house... ugh

I dunno what I should be doing to prepare myself for the birth. I want to start getting my stamina up so Im going to start riding the stationary bike. Other than that I dunno. Im starting to get a bit freaked out.

January 22nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was actually just reading stuff on my OB's website...they have so much information about giving birthing naturally vs medicated (they are not for or against either) and different positions to try for pain management.

Have you thought about a doula maybe? You can usually find doula students who will attend a birth for free because they HAVE to attend a certain number of births while htey are getting their license..so they usually do it for free. I know a couple of people who have used doulas and they loved it.

January 22nd, 2014, 11:57 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes and I'm having cold feet also. Mainly because of the setting and I don't know what kind of staff I'm going to come in contact with. I've done it natural twice so I know I can but knowing I have access to an epidural may be tempting haha.

But it's started sinking in we won't be at home. That I am not guaranteed my dr will be there to deliver. I don't want to have to argue over things I don't want done. That's more of what is giving me cold feet.

Oh and I've torn naturally, I'd make it very clear you do not want to be cut! Like Stated above you might be able to find a student doula who can attend for free.

I lucked out my husband is my doula he's got a bigger mouth than me
LUSHaye likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
January 22nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Clear all that bad juju from your mind!

I had a natural unmedicated birth. I didn't have an episiotomy or stitches. As for the placenta...really they said that was the worst part? A baby has bones and is huge compared to the red slimy slippery blob!
inyourhonor and AlaskaMom like this.

January 22nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To answer your question..yes I've thought about the birth. I'm trying to focus on the good parts like meeting my daughter seeing her face..holding her. The bad parts are just hard for me..we wont know until they get in there if I have accreta or not..if I'll have to have a hysterectomy because of it..how much blood loss ect. Transfusions are pretty common for women with cpp having a c section and I'm not thrilled about a strangers blood being in me...I've heard of women being able to store their own blood before hand so I'm going to ask about that.

I was spoiled with my last c section...a friend was an OB nurse there so the nurses on duty brought my daughter to recovery for me as a favor to her...I was holding my baby girl w/in 20 mins of being stitched up instead of the normal hour or more wait time. I doubt that happens this time..but I'm going to ask...as long as she has good apgar scores and isnt needing immediate attention.

NOW...if it goes the other way and I'm cleared to have a VBAC...well I'm super excited about it...I want to go as far as I can w/out meds...I want to utilize the jacuzzi tubs they have..birthing balls...a doula..my husband...I'd like to be the first person who touches her...my friend actually helped pull her child out...I think that is awesome... I want immediate skin contact and to just hold her and look at her w/out her being all bundled up. I want that "high" that some women experience after their natural unmedicated births...I really really want that! I had an epi with my son because I was induced and that was OK as well =)

Oh and I would love a birth photographer because I dont have any pics like that from my other two.

January 22nd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I always do. It's a constant in my head. I am hoping everything is as smooth as it always is. Because if it isn't I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm pretty good with just going with the flow so I'm hoping to be stress free. I can't wait. The part that's nagging at me is the tubal I'm planning for afterwards.

Scarlett Diane

January 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, I think about it all the time! And I'm so excited. You CAN do it! I was terrified of tearing and I did a bit, but it seriously was no big deal. At all. Afterwards I was like, why did I worry about that? And the placenta? I don't even remember what it was like to push it out. Hardly was aware it was happening, I was just staring at that baby. :-)
January 22nd, 2014, 12:48 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but I try to combat my worry with research and reading.

And when I get too worked up, I try to think in the same vein of when I run big races and am so nervous I could throw up:

Parts of it are going to suck. It's going to be painful. And you'll probably tell yourself that you can't do it. But there is a definite end, and in the end there is a wonderful, awesome reward greater than that temporary pain. You've researched and prepared and done all you can, now just have faith in your body to do it's thing.

<3

Last edited by girlsofsummer; January 22nd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
January 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Veteran
Its always on my mind. I had an epidural with my son and I won't have an issue doing it this time as well. I had third degree tears from the birth and that was a bit painful when I was being stitched up because my epidural was wearing off. I hope that doesn't happen again but I do worry that everything will be okay.
January 22nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to stress girl If it makes you feel better I had an episiotomy and stitches and felt every single one and it wasn't that terrible (my body doesn't respond normally to pain/numbing meds).

I've thought about it - only in an excited way though! I was induced with DS due to PIH. Would love to not do the whole PIH/bedrest/induction thing again but only time will tell. I just think it would be neat to experience natural labor. My induction went perfectly fine and if we need to do that again it won't phase me a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search