Got in trouble at work again today

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 3 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 2 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By ToMuchElmo
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 06:11 PM
Super Mommy
When it rains it poors. After fighting with DH (honest moment.....we're totally not married. Been together 11 years though so it feels like it) I really didnt get a whole lot of sleep last night. So I went to work and my psychotic boss comes in with a new set of parents. GREAT!!! I love new families at my preschool.

She introduces me as "Jen, our preschool teacher. She will be here until the end of May, maybe a bit later." Wha.......Im due May 16. This baby isnt allowed to go past 38 weeks so thats May 2. Ummmm.....so once the parents were gone I said "Kaila.....you know Im having this baby at the latest May 2 right?" Commence the freaking out......

Apparently she always thought I was due beginning of June. Ive been really clear since the beginning so I know this isnt true. And everyone in the building knows when baby is coming. She totally freaked out and said that we wouldnt be prepared for me to leave the end of April and we were short staffed....yada yada.....imagine how shocked she was when I said I wasnt working right up to my DD. I want to be off beginning of April. I have a very physical job. Now Im up **** creek with my boss. She yelled for a loooong time. Im just emotionally destroyed after these couple days.

The only thing that made my day reasonably bearable was 50% day at dairy queen. I ate ice cream all freaking day. Hope someone else got in on that!

January 22nd, 2014, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Because freaking out on you is going to what....magically change your due date?!? Your boss sounds like a peach. Sorry girl, that is a tough day Does she have kids? She does realize that lots of unexpected things happen during pregnancy right? I mean you could be put on bedrest next week!

January 22nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you find another job?! I would not put up with being yelled at and you dont deserve that kind of unprofessional $hit at work. There is just no way. It is her issue is she is not together enough to deal with her company not yours.
Cheet_oh likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, I am so sorry you had to put up with that today. Your boss' behavior was totally uncalled for. April is still a far time away and she has ample time to find a sub. She could post it on monster.com and have applicants like crazy in days. She acted way unprofessional. You have every right to take off the beginning of April. Don't let her bully you. Do what's best for you and your baby. The health of the two of you come before your job because if you don't have your health- what can you do? We are here for you!

January 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
I am actually super excited for mat leave. And we get a year off here so I have no intention of coming back to that horrid job. I know she really just wants her own kids (she doesn't have any) and shes taking it out on me. Okay so I feel bad for her but I tried for two years for this baby and went through three miscarriages. She can wait patiently for her little one. I sure did. Yelling at me will just send me off work sooner if anything.

January 22nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OH! Im glad you get a year off. I thought you were in the states and she was freaking out over 6 weeks. Thank goodness!!!

Next time she yells at you tell her that you find it inappropriate She can be frustrated all she wants but she cant be taking it out on you.
Cheet_oh and anjewellove like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 07:03 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Yelling is inappropriate in any work situation..sorry that happened to you. Thank goodness for Dairy Queen!

1/12 3/13
January 23rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
As a preschool teacher I'd think you should have some way more important things to decide and consider than your idiot boss. What exactly does she expect you to do? Hold the baby in for another month so you don't inconvenience her? Just keep saying 3 more months...3 more months....3 more months.
Ellies_mom likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
This combined with the other stories you've told about this boss lady makes her sound like a complete wack-a-doo.

Run! Run and never come back!
Nel and Ellies_mom like this.
January 23rd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
This combined with the other stories you've told about this boss lady makes her sound like a complete wack-a-doo.

Run! Run and never come back!
Haha its so true.....when I started working for the company it was a different manager. One I liked. When she took over I was already pregnant so I decided to tough it out.

January 24th, 2014, 01:38 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Eeps how agitating! I'm so glad you only have a couple more months until you're free!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search