Goodbye high risk pregnancy!!!!!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By Nel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
I met my high risk doctor today and everything went better than I expected! My high risk baby status was simply because of all the brutal complications I had with my darling daughter. So after meeting with him today he said that he doesn't consider me high risk AT ALL and I don't ever have to go back and see him.

Baby is measuring perfect size wise, great heartbeat and movement. He will still keep in touch with my doctor and I still have to deliver at the hospital an hour away because they have a surgeon there. A just in case sort of thing.....but no scheduled C-section and no 38 week induction.

With DD I was induced and water broken at 38 weeks. She was 9 1/2 lbs and ended up with shoulder dystocia. He did say that size doesn't matter and I could have a 5 lb baby with the same problem or a 10 lb baby with no complications. So that scared me a little.

He also asked how bad her dystocia was. I don't really know....so when I explained that she was blue and couldn't move her arm for a little over a week after he said we got really lucky. That part of the appointment I didn't like. Just knowing how close it was to losing our baby girl. So if this baby shows signs of distress or getting stuck again its a very fast emergency C-section.

I have to do a GD test at 28 weeks and one at 34 weeks. They think maybe DD got big so fast because I could have developed GD after my test. So Im glad theyre keeping an eye on that. And starting 34 weeks I have to have weekly non-stress tests since I am overweight. Ive never had one before....so that should be interesting.

Im glad Im off high risk and restrictions but golly.....the idea of a vaginal delivery scares the piss out of me. Im terrified of something going wrong again. If I remember correctly it was a lot easier getting a baby in there than it was getting her out Plus my hospital is an hour away. I don't have any idea when to go lol.
Nel, *CAMM*, inyourhonor and 6 others like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Funny how freaking easy it is to get that baby in there in the first place and how hard it is to get them out!! I often think it doesnt really seem fair lol

Glad to hear all the good news!!
amylynn82 likes this.

January 23rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like an amazing appt!

January 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Just keep breathing.
GREAT to hear that you're not high risk! I'm sure it was upsetting to hear about your DD's birth complications- when I hear things like that I have to remind myself not to dwell on problems that didn't actually happen. Just count your blessings. It sounds like you have a good plan for going forward!
January 24th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
That's GREAT NEWS!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
January 24th, 2014, 05:30 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
That is really wonderful news!

1/12 3/13
January 24th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Veteran
Woot that is awesome!

January 24th, 2014, 06:36 AM
amylynn82's Avatar Veteran
Wonderful news! That should lighten the stress a bit!!
January 24th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
:-) Fantastic news!
January 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
That's great news!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search