Birth control after baby?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 05:00 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
After this baby we are done. I signed papers yesterday to have a tubal ligation. As long as everything goes normal for her arrival into the world, I will getting my tubes tied on the spot. Also, DH is planning on getting a v.

I did mirena after DD and bled every day for almost a year. So yeah.

What are ur plans if any?
February 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
My 3 year old picked up BC pamphlets while we were in the OB office today because he thought they looked interesting LOL haha

On a serious note though, I'll go on the pill until DH gets the V. He totally volunteered for it so I am game with it!
sarav likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 05:07 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natural family planning... I am not into putting things in my body that dont belong.. hubby will get a V. In a couple years
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
February 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natural family planning again. No hormones or foreign stuff for me.

[/url

February 11th, 2014, 05:36 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
We're up in the air for a long-term plan. While I'm nursing we'll use condoms. The mini-pill messed me up when I took it after ds was born. After that....I'll probably go back on the pill for awhile, but I don't love what it does to my system, so I'm not sure it will be our final solution. I'm hoping we can do something more permanent once we're absolutely sure we're done.

February 11th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Ill go on BC intill I'm ready for DH to get the big V. He wants to right away but I would like to wait 1yr before we make the decision.

February 11th, 2014, 05:46 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh....I will most likely need to think of something. Most likely NFP, with the help of my Ovacue.

I have never had to think about BC!

February 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm thinking about Depo. I had it before and loved it so I'll probably try to do that again. I've tried NuvaRing and HATED it. It was so uncomfortable and just not practical. The only thing about the Depo is I have to get it every three months. But that's a small price to pay for reassurance.
February 11th, 2014, 06:16 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will try NFP. I learned a lot while ttc this baby, I'd ideally like to not go on bc. I've had the mirena twuce and it was fine for me, I just dont want to this time.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
February 11th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Huh I haven't thought about birth control in....4 years. After everything we have been through to get pg its very, very weird to think about b/c now. We will probably use condoms until we are absolutely sure we are done. DH really wants one more but this shop closes for good at 35 (3 more years) and it took us 3.5 to get pg this time around soooo if we decide to go for #3 it will have to be fairly soon after this little guy is born.
anjewellove likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I want a tubal. But I'm unsure about being done done. I don't want another mirena even though I had no problems with it. I forget pills. I'm better off NFP in got because I planned the last two baby's that way.

Scarlett Diane

February 11th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Regular
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hate taking hormones they really mess me up. Everything gets worse and I think I get borderline depressed. After my last baby I was NFP and now we have baby number two on the way (we're actually pretty excited just surprised). Any suggestions for none hormonal forms of bc.
February 11th, 2014, 07:27 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I tried to talk DH out of getting a V because he's only 23 and still has a whole life ahead, like I'm 32 and straight done. Like, if we didn't work out down the road, I don't want him to be unable to have another family. Weird as it sounds, I'm pretty sure I wasn't ready to make that decision at 23.
February 12th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Natural family planing/ condoms I don't care what my midwife said last time the hormones negatively affected my milk supply luckily I got off of it quickly and regained my supply but I don't want to do that again! Plus the hormones usually aggravate my depression.

February 12th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
My only words of advice, make sure you are REALLY, REALLY, REALLY done before getting the tubal. I had mine 7 years ago and was so sure. 4 years later, I started regretting it and it just got worse until I had my reversal last summer. It's just something I don't want someone to take lightly. If you are for sure this is the right thing for your family and eventually you won't start thinking you want another, then go for it.

We will be doing natural family planning. I haven't decided if I will temp simply because I'm sure my schedule will be out of whack with the baby…but my body doesn't handle BC. I bleed nonstop.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
February 12th, 2014, 08:13 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I don't need to do anything because my DH has had a vasectomy for a couple years. I've thought about doing the Essure so that I can have an ablation but I don't think I'm ready to say we're done. We have 4 vials of sperm on ice that we could use to have more at some point and I want to keep my options open for now.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
February 12th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After I had my first I could really just feel that my body needed its own time to reset and get back to normal. I was off birth control for a good year or more.

We will play it by ear again this time. I just couldnt start putting fake hormones into my poor body after everything it had just gone through. You can just tell when things get back to normal and it does take awhile.

February 12th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm not sure either. I was on Nuvaring for years pre-TTC and was happy with it. I don't want a tubal. DH may have a V down the road, once we are sure our family is complete. I'll likely go back on the Nuvaring and take it from there.
February 12th, 2014, 09:11 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Can anyone tell me whether it is difficult to start charting again after baby? I'd think it would be hard to get accurate results when you're BFing, hormones are all over the place, and you're not sleeping for that 3 hour stretch needed before temping?

I guess we'll just use condoms initially. I really don't want to introduce artificial hormones when my body is still trying to get itself sorted out.
Decemberhill likes this.
February 12th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we had been open to having maybe 1 more after this but since DD's diagnosis we aren't really feeling that way any more. Although i could maybe see myself coming around to the idea in a few years after things settle down a little I'm pretty sure DH is done. He doesn't want to commit to a vasectomy though. I don't care for hormonal birth control (I feel like I have enough hormones as it is lol) so either I will get a diaphragm or we will used condoms. I'm not crazy about either option...it's too bad there aren't many forms of non-hormonal birth control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDefiance View Post
I tried to talk DH out of getting a V because he's only 23 and still has a whole life ahead, like I'm 32 and straight done. Like, if we didn't work out down the road, I don't want him to be unable to have another family. Weird as it sounds, I'm pretty sure I wasn't ready to make that decision at 23.

I wonder if a doc would even give him a V at 23? Supposedly my sister's husband asked about it and the doc said they didn't want to give him one in his late 30's because that was young. I kind of think my sister's husband is full of crap though so he could have been lying because he didn't want to go through with it haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search