For those who have done their glucose test.....

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
Im just wondering how you felt during/after the test? And whether you passed?

I did mine today so I have no idea whether I passed or not but the tech (who was super nice) gave me the drink then came out like every ten minutes and asked me how I was feeling. I think the women expected me to drop dead at any second lol. After I drank it I had a bit where my heartrate was higher but then it went away. I felt totally fine the whole time. The tech mentioned that some people get really sick. So now just wondering how everyone felt? Im not sure if its a good thing that I felt nothing lol.

February 17th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Veteran
When I took the 1 hour test, I felt jittery and weird after I drank it. It was strange. I ended up failing that one, but I'm thinking it may be because I ate breakfast right before I went. I've been told that some doctors say to fast, some say don't.

I went in to take the dreaded 3 hour test last week. The drink was twice as strong, but I didn't feel jittery. Maybe because I hadn't eaten for about 9 hours? that could've made a difference. I wanted to throw up a half hour after taking it. I think the worst part was getting my blood drawn 4 times. You actually end up being there a little over 3 hours. I ended up passing the test, thankfully.
February 17th, 2014, 06:52 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be doing my 28 week one tomorrow, I had to do an early test as well. I felt fine during it. I'm expecting to feel the same tomorrow.

I know some women who can't keep it down, or feel like thy're going to pass out.
February 17th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I felt completely normal!

February 17th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Just keep breathing.
I had the one-hour and felt just fine. Perhaps a little bit more amped up right after drinking the fluid, but that might have been in my head.
February 17th, 2014, 09:42 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That drink is evil. I only took it with baby #1 and refused last time. I was supposed to have my glucose test on Friday but got snowed out. So, I'll be 31 weeks when I take it. I'm eating two bananas...and if I don't pass I guess I'll just start testing and go on the diet because no way I could keep it down for the 3 hour test!!!
February 17th, 2014, 10:29 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I ate a donut and a grapefruit - I didn't pass lol
AlaskaMom, acmd03 and MommaBean18 like this.
February 18th, 2014, 01:09 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a 2 hour one and had to fast for a min of 8 hours. During the test I felt ok and Jellybean went nuts about an hour into it. I felt pretty tired at the end of it though and kinda sick for the morning. That's probably because I had to walk straight out of there and go to work so it ended up being around 14 hours between eating and just a heap of sugar drink that tasted like flat lemonade in my tummy.

February 18th, 2014, 02:49 AM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
I felt okay right after I drank it and then felt more and more nauseous as time went on. Once I ate I actually felt a lot better. I used to work in a blood draw lab and lots of ladies would vomit and have to come back and do it again. I did it last Tuesday and haven't heard anything, so I guess I passed?

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
February 18th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I didn't fast for my one hour and failed. I have never failed before! But I felt normal after the drink. I have my 3 hour this morning and I am dreading it. I haven't had anything to eat for 12 hours already…and I want COFFEE!!!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
February 18th, 2014, 05:04 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt normal. I was waiting to feel the sugar crash but it never happened. They also told me women usually get a little nauseous at the end but I had eaten a huge sandwich right before going in so I think that might have helped me. I ended up passing even though I was freaking out. I had about four bagels that day and all of that just turns into sugar.
February 18th, 2014, 05:23 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I had no problems with it. The tech said the key is not to chug it in the five minutes.

Actually it's been 1.5 weeks and I haven't heard anything so I'm guessing no news is good news.
February 18th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Veteran
Maybe TMI, but forgot to mention I think the drink gave me the worst, most severe & painful constipation I've ever had and probably ever will. Probably from all the sugar, and not drinking water all morning had something to do with it. Make sure to eat fiber before and after the test (but not during fasting time, if you need to).
February 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I fasted for about 12 hours. Drank the drink as the tech was rushing me to get it down and it burned my throat. As I sat there - I started to feel dizzy, nobody ever checked on my but luckily DH was there. The moment I felt I would pass out the tech came and got me to take blood. After that we went to breakfast and I felt ok, until about 3pm... I got extreme, excruciating heartburn! It was the worst heartburn I have ever had in my life, from my armpit down my chest through my stomach. I ate tums, baking soda, ice cream, until I finally called my Dr and she gave me some Pepcid. It didn't work until about 3am - I woke up from an acidic and disgusting burp and I felt slightly better. I was about to to go to the ER!!! I couldnt lay, sit, or stand in ANY comf position.

Needless to say - I am still sore this morning - so if I failed the test - OH WELL! Won't be doing that again. I'll just diet.
February 18th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran
I just took that today.. I felt normal after I drank that really icky gross drink. Nathaniel went a little crazy about 20 minutes after I drank it.. He was a LOT more active. but then I was all normal, got my blood drawn and then I went home. I'll find out later if I failed my test.. As long as they dont call Im good

February 18th, 2014, 12:24 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I did it with DD I felt sick for a week after... so I didnt do it this time

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
February 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills1129 View Post
When I did it with DD I felt sick for a week after... so I didnt do it this time
Did you just refuse the test period?? I tried that and my doctor was like that's fine but it would be against medical advice and then he offered the bananas and I was fine with that. No way will I ever willingly drink that nasty corn syrup....which is basically all it is- why can't they just let you drink a soda or at least something not so known to be nauseating!!
February 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually go Thursday for this round but with DS I felt fine during and just kind of nauseous afterwards until I ate some "real" food.

February 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Super Mommy
Wow yeah. I felt totally fine during the test until probably about three hours afterwards. Then I had fire heartburn. Im pretty sure drinking an entire vat of battery acid would be less painful. Its now 30.5 hours after the test and Im still suffering. If this is a sign that I failed screw it. Im not doing that twice. I never get heartburn either. That test is the devil.
StilettoGirlMama likes this.

February 18th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
I had no problems with it. The tech said the key is not to chug it in the five minutes.

Actually it's been 1.5 weeks and I haven't heard anything so I'm guessing no news is good news.
lol to me, drinking something in 5 minutes does require chugging. No getting around that one imo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search