I am going to deliver a moose!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bria'sMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Crafty Mommy
Today we had our 28 week sono for 3D pictures, and little man would not cooperate. Had his hands, feet, AND cord right in his face snuggled up against my placenta. However, the tech got a great look again and again at his....balls....and was REALLY impressed! She could not get over how big they were and kept going back to them and saying how they were "dangling" there! GROSS!!! Hope his Dad is proud! I guess no chance this one is going to be a girl!

On another note, big boy is measuring in 96th-97th percentile and weighs around 3lb 9oz already! Holy baby!! So he is measuring 30-31 weeks already. No wonder I am huge. I told the doc I had gained about 30lb (about the pace I was with DD), and he said let's keep it around there until delivery. Are you kidding me?! How am I supposed to not gain a pound with a trimester to go?! Luckily I am a C/S, which is good because he's breech and on target to be a toddler at delivery, but his last words were, "Let's not have a 12 pounder, ok?!" And I wanted to cry!!

Ice chips and air sandwiches it is until delivery, we're going on a DIET!
sarav and MommaBean18 like this.

February 18th, 2014, 02:16 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha glad to have a lady in the monster baby club with me . Granted your big boy sounds bigger than mine! Measuring 11-12 days ahead over here. Always good to know that it's definitely a boy you've got and that his "assets" aren't on the little side . No weight gain in the third tri sounds like an impossible task! Ah well just look after yourself and if some more goes on then it was going to anyways. You'd have to lose weight to keep up with the extra weight the baby puts on until then, the placents growing and blah blah blah.

February 18th, 2014, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol wow awkward about what the tech was saying about your kid's junk! I think some babies are just big so I wouldn't stress over it, plus like you said you're having a c/s anyway so you don't have to worry about him getting stuck or anything.

February 18th, 2014, 06:35 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
No more weight gain?! How is that going to happen? Especially if baby still has to put on 4 lbs or more.

Congrats on the family jewels
February 18th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Super Mommy
I bet DH is proud...lmao. I am also in the moose club. Shall we make a ticker?? Hehe...my not so little one is just shy of 4 lbs as well. Geez......I had a huge baby for my last one as well (38 weeker 9lbs 6oz) and I gained 5 lbs until 23 weeks then skyrocketed up to 18 by the time she was born. Doesn't sound like too much but huge gain in a little amount of time. Huge gain for me anyway. Totally expecting that to happen this time too. Your dr is just crazy if he expects no weight gain the next little while!! Good luck with that!

February 18th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
My last one was a moose, or so the ultrasounds all said from very early on. He was bigger but no way huge, 8lbs 6oz at 39weeks. Good luck with the weight gain, but don't worry if you keep gaining..

February 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
My little guy is tall and skinny, just like his daddy. He was estimated at 2lb 7oz at just shy of 28 weeks. I'm relieved so far, except for his big ole head.

I cannot imagine delivering a moose. I'm content with my big head, skinny baby.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

February 19th, 2014, 04:23 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
That is too funny about his family jewels! At least you'll never have to worry about him being insecure

Baby is measuring right on target over here. DS was born at 38 weeks weighing 7lbs 9oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search