Uhhhhh....navigating the nether regions?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By peace.love.audrey
  • 2 Post By Panda
  • 3 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
WAAAAYYYYYYY TMI!!! So I decided to shave today. "Down there". I'll admit...it's been at least three weeks. And I saw the horrified, quickly concealed look DH gave me this morning. Kinda like a "Dear you appear to have a small furry animal attached to your crotch today". So I attempted to shave. Seriously has anyone done this lately? I couldn't even see what the heck I was trying to scalp let alone reach it and make it look good. I'm fairly certain I missed at least half of my goal, I definitely have some wicked razor burn, and if DH doesn't burst out laughing when he sees I'll be totally surprised.

I was briefly considering shaving before baby was born. Now I honestly don't care if I look like a furry beast. That was just insanity....

February 18th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I can't reach every part nor see what I need to even attempt to try. I do take scissors to it as best I can to trim it down every couple weeks lol. There won't be any shaving done until 4-6 weeks after birth.

Scarlett Diane

February 18th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I tired to shave it up on Friday...HAHAHA!! OMG I cant see it at all. I have clippers/trimmers that I use and I did get most of the job done but it was seriously mission impossible. I will attempt to do it again before baby comes but Im going to need a mirror.

February 18th, 2014, 08:49 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
I just wing it! I did look at my private area in a free standing mirror, and I was shocked! I totally forgot what it looked like. TMI, but it looked more swollen than I remember, probably due to the increased blood flow.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
February 18th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just go by umm feel? I'm sure it isn't gorgeous but it suffices!
sarahlong0929 likes this.

February 18th, 2014, 09:30 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha I'm a waxer and swore I'd never go back but I've had either no time or no money to go and get it done so last week I attempted to shave. I wanted to at least shace away the sides and leave just a "triangle" at the top after I trimmed everything back with scissors because I get pretty irritated when I take a razor down there. WELL it was a completely blind attempt (aka entirely blind) and while I could feel that I did a decent job where I got, it was still a pretty laughable attempt. Where I shaved to on each side was apparently uneven and it required waaaayyyyy too much acrobatics to get some and took me ages. I'm curious as to what my junk looks like (pay off me wonders if it will go purple and if it's purple yet) but I haven't worked up the guts to have a look .

February 18th, 2014, 09:46 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
It's funny you posted this because I literally just texted DH "Can you please help me clean up my flower garden tomorrow?" I don't even attempt anymore and have had DH trimming it for me with an electric razor. Last time I tried, about 2 months ago, I got the worst razor burn. Ouch!
Nel likes this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
February 18th, 2014, 11:27 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
DH trims mine while I'm pg. But hasn't this pg yet and I'm thinking of going for a hard wax asap because it's just super crazy down there. I need a professional!!!!

February 19th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my hubby is deployed soooooo needless to say I umm have had no one to impress... But he is comming home in Mid-late April so I'm thinking about getting waxed lol! I have never had a nether regions wax tho so that is scary!

February 19th, 2014, 05:08 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't really see what's going on down there long enough to be able to shave. I'd have to just feel around and THAT is not really safe. DF trims it for me because...I just can't do it. But it's kind of like wrestling the dogs to take a bath. It tickles and feels weird because it's a buzzer. But he gets the job done.
February 19th, 2014, 05:42 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband helps me in pregnancy when I can't see anymore haha. I told him no stupid designs though.
Nel, sarav and LUSHaye like this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
February 19th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Veteran
Funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing, the last time I saved (3 weeks ago) it was awful, I was thinking of asking my husband to do it the next time around....very curious about what his reaction will be lol
February 19th, 2014, 08:23 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I clean shave everything down there. Yesterday I was able to shave the top portion but didn't have the energy to try to get the lower half around my lady bits. Of course DH and I ended up DTD last night and he was like, "Why did you just shave half?" Clearly he does not grasp the level of acrobatics necessary to do that.

I'm actually having more trouble shaving my legs at this point...I can't bend over to reach them!
Nel likes this.
February 19th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Super Mommy
I have a trimmer, so I've been blindly trying to tame the area. It's not easy at all. I don't really want to involve DH in my attempts. I can just imagine how uneven everything looks down there and my poor OB has done 2 cervix checks in the past 3 weeks lol.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

February 19th, 2014, 03:15 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, I always start with the harder half, that way when I run out of ability, at least the important stuff is cleaned up for dh... that being said it has been a few weeks, and I am not looking forward to attempting to clean it up again :/

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search