Are you ready???

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, I'm just not and it's not fun this time. Having dh be between jobs (well he has a job but it's becoming very clear that it's not going to work out) has just made this pregnancy kind of suck. Getting things together has just been so slow moving....

I have a list of things I need/want but I'm waking for something to give so I can move forward with it!! Anyone else dragging their feet or just not prepared??
February 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I can get by with what I have. I dot necessarily need anything else so long as I can get by with minimums. My husband is a party pooper and doesn't agree that we need a new car seat for her. I will be getting a new swing for her.

I have her clothes all ready. And all of her diapers ready. Boobs will be ready when she gets here I just have to wait another 14 weeks or so.

Scarlett Diane

February 19th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I guess I should say I have all of the big items. It's the hand full of things I really want that I don't have. I am not going all out for this baby by any means so it's depressing that I can't just buy the swaddlers I want for him and the last couple baby things. I'm just having a rough couple days and feeling sorry for myself. This month was supposed to ease some of the stress and it's just not :/
February 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All we need left are diapers.'ll pull out clothing when we switch out winter. I'll see what I have from the boys that'll work for him. We had this problem my last pregnancy.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
February 19th, 2014, 06:44 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
We have a lot of stuff from having a previous daughter so I'm not stressing.

DH has some priorities of things he wants to do which do not involve the new baby and that's fine too. I still have a baby shower and a few things on that list. All in all we would be fine if she came tomorrow minus diapers lol
February 19th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm dragging too. I'm swamped at work right now, trying to clean things out and rearrange our apt to make room, but I get so tired that it's slow going. Plus my mom is having heart surgery next week. And- even though I'm almost 28 weeks- I still kind of can't believe I'm having a baby. I had 3 losses, and its still hard to accept that everything will be okay.
February 19th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I guess worse case a few diapers and wipes and I could make do but there are a lot of things I still want to do. We have just been really busy with other things for the last couple of months. Just started back working on baby stuff today but with a 4-year old, a DH who travels a lot and my lack of energy it is pretty slow going!

February 19th, 2014, 07:54 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I have everything "needed"....but I still have a TON to do!

I AM NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 19th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah......we don't even have the dresser yet.....but its coming in on Saturday so then I can start kicking butt and setting stuff up. I kept tons of stuff from DD so Im pretty sure I have most of the essentials. I just didn't bother going through it until this dresser came in.

February 19th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Im not ready yet, I think I will be ready after the baby shower and once we buy the carseat/stroller set i have my eye on. I have a crib and cloth diapers and a few select outfits. just need crib sheets and misc nursery items.
February 20th, 2014, 05:07 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
We have enough that if she was born today, we'd make it a couple weeks. Except diapers, you've all reminded me that we need to get some diapers.

But really, we're not ready at all. Her room is not quite done being painted, so no furniture in it yet. I have the very basics in clothes (waiting for hand-me-downs from my sil for the rest). We have a bassinet she'll sleep in for a couple weeks, at least. I think all the complications with this pregnancy have kind of overshadowed the excitement of getting ready, like if we're ready too soon, maybe she'll come too soon.

February 20th, 2014, 07:01 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'm not ready room-wise or baby stuff-wise, but I CANNOT wait for my baby to get here! I'm so, so excited and am getting anxious (in a good way) to meet him or her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelChicago View Post
Plus my mom is having heart surgery next week. And- even though I'm almost 28 weeks- I still kind of can't believe I'm having a baby. I had 3 losses, and its still hard to accept that everything will be okay.
Hope everything turns out well and she recovers quickly! And I can imagine your worry. Hugs!
February 20th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't need much so if she were born tomorrow we would have everything. I bought a couple outfits for her yesterday which were the first things besides the crib that we have purchased They weren't really a need but I couldn't help myself. The only other thing we need to get is the new stroller and I will probably be buying some more cloth diapers to add to our stash but that stuff could easily wait until after she arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
I guess I should say I have all of the big items. It's the hand full of things I really want that I don't have. I am not going all out for this baby by any means so it's depressing that I can't just buy the swaddlers I want for him and the last couple baby things. I'm just having a rough couple days and feeling sorry for myself. This month was supposed to ease some of the stress and it's just not :/
I kind of know the feeling...if dh had his way we wouldn't really be buying anything so we could save the money but there is just something about nesting that makes you want to prepare for the baby even if you already have almost everything. I don't technically need the stuff I purchased yesterday but I kind of feel like she deserves some of her own stuff that is new too.
mommy2b43 likes this.

February 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM
The only big thing I had to buy was a car seat and things for the nursery to be painted. My parents gave us a Christmas check and we spent it on those two things but still need a light for the nursery and a curtain minimum.

But, being that I have two girls and he's our first boy- all the little things really add up! I am just mostly feeling like going and having a huge spending spree and yeah no that's not going to be a good idea for a long time to come!
February 20th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am seriously stressing out lately. We need a new vehicle. We are SO close to being debt free after the over spending on the wedding this past summer.... UGH. It makes me so unhappy that I might have to add more debt to that amount when we are so close. It honestly is just making me sick to my stomach when I think about it. Its so silly.

Other than needing a new vehicle I think we have all the needed items.

February 20th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Veteran
I am not ready at all, we haven't received the furniture yet or any of the baby items I have on my registry....I am not even sure if there is a shower or if my family has just been buying things for me which is so sweet but I wonder when they are going to give it to me if there is no shower.... 12.5 weeks left, not that much time!
February 20th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Super Mommy
I have boobs and diapers so I'm calling that "ready"!

Few more things I'd like to get in the house (our swing which we loaned, a changing table because we gave ours away) but mostly we're set with stuff from baby #1.
February 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boobs check, cloth diapers check, car seat check.... Lol! I'm ready! I need more clothes and I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready for my son to be a big brother he will be 18 months in three days waaaaaahhhhh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search