Would You Go?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Regular
My sister-in-law is getting married in Oregon on April 19th. We live in Arizona and my due date is May 25th. We haven't bought plane tickets yet but currently DH and I are planning that I will go. If I don't go DH will take DD and the two of them will go without me. Some other considerations are that I'm suppose to be making the cake and during my last pregnancy the doctor finially induced me at 41 weeks (resulting in an emergency c-section), other than that I have totally healthy pregnancy. So with that information, would you go?
February 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you allowed to fly that close to your due date? I thought you couldnt during the last few months.

February 20th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Regular
Technically you can fly whenever. Airlines prefer you not to fly within 4 weeks of your due date (I will have a little over 5 weeks left on the return flight). Really the only concern with flying is that you might go into labor while in the air. Fortunatly the flights aren't that long.

Last edited by jemag; February 20th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
February 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's over a month out I would probably go. Hopefully it's nice and relaxing .

February 20th, 2014, 02:07 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
How long is the flight? I guess as long as you were up and moving frequently, it wouldn't be a big deal.
February 20th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
I would go! 5 weeks seems comfortable enough distance. Especially since you have no reason to expect you'll go into labor early.
February 20th, 2014, 03:28 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd go.

February 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ask your doctor and that should be a pretty definitive answer for you I think it just depends what you're comfortable with! My only concern with buying the ticket too far in advance is if you end up not being able to go for any reason you're out the $$...I'll tell you this though- weddings of immediate family members are *important* and not going can end in years of resentment. I know that happened with my sister and brother- though she didn't have any sort of excuse like you do. That said, if make every effort to go as long as it's safe and you're feeling okay!
February 20th, 2014, 07:06 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah...I wouldn't. That's just me, though. It's close to the end and airplanes aren't the most comfortable. Especially if you get on a full flight.
I freaked out going to California last month. Full flights, can't get up and walk around as you please, a wee bit claustrophobic. So I couldn't imagine flying even later in pregnancy...but those are personal issues I have.
February 20th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No I wouldn't:/ I had a picture perfect pregnancy with DS right up until I was 34 weeks and DH and I decided to go to Houston (like 4-5 hours away) for the day. I got a nasty headache, started having major swelling, blood pressure was up etc. Called my OB - who immediately freaked out because I was so far away and showing all the signs of developing a nice case of Pre-E. Yeah - it wasn't fun....at ALL! DH says I can't go more than an hour away from our hospital after 30 weeks this time.

February 21st, 2014, 06:43 AM
Veteran
I wouldn't go either. My last pregnancy at 34 weeks I was put on bedrest because I was already 3 cm dialated and he was ready to come out....I think its kind of risky and a lot of times things happen so fast.
February 21st, 2014, 07:03 AM
Just keep breathing.
Personally, I wouldn't either. I'd send my DH for sure, and a really nice gift, but I myself would stay home.
February 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
Super Mommy
I just read a story in one of my pregnancy books about a woman who flew 8 weeks out from her due date in order to be with family for Christmas (LA to Ohio I think). Well, she went into labor, delivered a preemie, and had to stay with family for months while her baby was in the hospital. That alone would scare me into not flying.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

February 21st, 2014, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would go but you could always ask your doctor. There probably isn't a high chance you'll go into labor early. Also, you might need to ask your doctor for a note to take with you that gives you clearance to fly. Even if you did end up giving birth there it's not likely your baby would need to be in the hospital for months if born at 35 weeks. I personally would be comfortable flying up to 37 weeks.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; February 21st, 2014 at 10:21 AM.
February 21st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Regular
Thanks for the input. I'm still not 100% sure but right now I'm thinking they have OB/GYNs in Oregon too. Talking to DH about it and we both agree that we just have to be ok with me not going (if something comes up) even if we've already spent the money.
February 21st, 2014, 03:02 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I would go, but I have already had 4 kids born around their due date or after.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search