Panic attacks

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
I've had 2 this week.

The first was Monday morning. I just started crying in panic: Will I be a good mom? How am I going to handle the stress of a newborn? Will I screw him up? Am I really ready for all of this? (too late now)

Then last night....the 2 paint samples we tried in the baby's room are not perfect. I started to panic. I have to take more time to try more samples. What if I can't find the right color? What if baby comes early and we don't have his room painted or any of the baby things un-boxed and put together? DH doesn't want to put the stuff together until the room is done. Now my FIL wants to sand some of the texture off the walls before he paints them for us. How long is that going to take?

Please tell me this is normal. Even then, I don't know how to control this panic. I know "one task at a time" and "one day at a time", but I am a neurotic FTM. I don't know how to control this out-of-control feeling.

And then I want to have our mostly tiled house cleaned. I want to hire a company to come in and professionally clean all the tile and grout. I don't want my baby crawling on a floor with years of resident ick on it. DH is deadset against it. I won't budge. I'm probably going to have a very ticked off DH when I pay for this on my own and have it done.

Nesting has begun. But I really didn't expect the panic that has come with it.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

February 21st, 2014, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been having very minor panic attacks over buying a new vehicle. Its starting to get annoying because I have them a couple times a day every day. I know its not JUST the new car.. its the baby coming and I am starting to feel over whelmed thinking about having a new baby. Im scared.

February 21st, 2014, 10:00 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They're very normal. I had them with my first, then my 2nd and even my 3rd. There was always some big drastic change in our life each time. First child, transitioning to the 2nd child and then the 3rd was a surprise that came at a bad time financially.

This time, I have but it was in the beginning, worrying about loss. We had just had one the month prior to finding out. I deal with high anxiety on a normal non pregnant basis.

I hope they ease up for you soon.
February 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
Super Mommy
I have an anxiety disorder, but it's mostly in dealing with social situations. I don't like large open spaces or crowds. I've been able to deal with it much better over the years. Once upon a time, you wouldn't catch me alone in a mall or a Walmart. I also have panic attacks before medical procedures. I always have to tell the doctors to give me something really good before they wheel me back into an operating room.

I just don't enjoy feeling this way on a more daily basis.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

February 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Do you have a therapist that you trust? No hurt in going in for a "tune up" and getting a refresher on coping, right?
inyourhonor and MelChicago like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search