Bra Size?!?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 04:39 PM
Veteran
Ok so I am normally(i think) a 32-34B however i bought a 36B and it feels too tight in the cups area. So i decided to find out to measure myself to find out what size bra i need. I did the measurements the way the tutorial i found said to do and according to it I am a 32D! I have a really hard time believing that because my mom said she is a 34D and she has implants and her boobs are like 3 times the size of mine. I just want to buy a new bra so my boobs dont feel squished
February 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you should go to someone and have them measured properly I can give myself that same advice. I am a 36DD but... I dont think thats right i bet im an F something. lol

February 21st, 2014, 04:52 PM
Just keep breathing.
(Disclosure- I worked at Victorias Secret for about 6 years while in college and just after). If your bras are too tight in the cups, then yes, you need a larger cup size- that is the A/B/C/D part, not the number part. It would probably be best to go to a good department store and try some on.

Don't compare to your mom (or anyone else)- she may not be in the right size, or wearing older bras that have stretched out.
February 21st, 2014, 05:04 PM
Veteran
eek! ok I think I will go try some bras on in different sizes. I'm not real comfy having a random person measuring my boobs so ill just grab a few different sizes and see what fits best.

is it true that a 34C is the sister size of a 32D?
February 21st, 2014, 07:10 PM
Just keep breathing.
Sometimes, depending on the brand/style. It's easier to do that conversion with B & C cups (eg a 34C is more equivalent to a 36B). D cups can make things wonky. I've found that style matters just as much as size. I can no longer wear underwire bras, even in the same size I am measuring. I have to wear a no-wire, with a lined/padded cup.
February 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelChicago View Post
Sometimes, depending on the brand/style. It's easier to do that conversion with B & C cups (eg a 34C is more equivalent to a 36B). D cups can make things wonky. I've found that style matters just as much as size. I can no longer wear underwire bras, even in the same size I am measuring. I have to wear a no-wire, with a lined/padded cup.
I usually wear pushup bras, but i read that bra's with an underwire can cause issues with breastfeeding, so im going to try on wireless bra's. I plan on converting some cheaper bra's into nursing bras
February 22nd, 2014, 06:33 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I had DH measure me before Christmas but I'm definitely bigger now!

I don't get how to buy nursing bras now if I have no idea how big I'm going to be?
February 22nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
I had DH measure me before Christmas but I'm definitely bigger now!

I don't get how to buy nursing bras now if I have no idea how big I'm going to be?
I don't think I am going to much bigger, at least I didnt with DS. But I am not buying any $40 nursing bra's either. I am going to buy nursing bra clips and buy one of the 2pk bra sets for walmart for like $10 and use some elastic or extra fabric to make them DIY nursing bra's. I also plan to raid the thrift store for some tank tops and rushed tshirts to turn them into DIY nursing tops
February 22nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I waited until about a week or so before DS was born to get nursing bras. I didn't want them to be too tight

February 23rd, 2014, 06:49 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case2014 View Post
eek! ok I think I will go try some bras on in different sizes. I'm not real comfy having a random person measuring my boobs so ill just grab a few different sizes and see what fits best.

is it true that a 34C is the sister size of a 32D?
In a way they are sister sizes. I got measured at JCPenny a few years ago to see if I was in the right size after my girls grew. You can leave your bra on when they do it. I just wouldn't wear a push-up or one with padding to make it more accurate. Style does affect the fit, too. And the lady explained how the jump in sizes work. Basically 34C and 32D are sister sizes as for as your boobs go. That would mean that your rib cage, or the fluff covering your rib cage, has grown from a 32 to a 34 band size while the girls stayed the same. As long as your band still fits and the only problem is the cup fit, I'd try different cup sizes in the same band size.

My mom was a le leche league leader back in the day, so she gave me a lot of good breast feeding advice that included bras. She told me, and I read it in a couple places as well, that you should wait until a week or two after you deliver to get fitted for new bras. You won't know how big your girls will bet until the milk supply comes in. I bought a week's worth of bras when I had to move up in size, with two of them being nursing bras. As I start cutting down on the breast feeding my boobs will get smaller due to less milk and these ones will fit again at that point. Not looking forward to having to spend the money, but I am saving for it. Honestly, if I could get away with wearing my sleep bras all day I would. They just don't provide enough support for daytime activities.
February 23rd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish bells View Post
In a way they are sister sizes. I got measured at JCPenny a few years ago to see if I was in the right size after my girls grew. You can leave your bra on when they do it. I just wouldn't wear a push-up or one with padding to make it more accurate. Style does affect the fit, too. And the lady explained how the jump in sizes work. Basically 34C and 32D are sister sizes as for as your boobs go. That would mean that your rib cage, or the fluff covering your rib cage, has grown from a 32 to a 34 band size while the girls stayed the same. As long as your band still fits and the only problem is the cup fit, I'd try different cup sizes in the same band size.

My mom was a le leche league leader back in the day, so she gave me a lot of good breast feeding advice that included bras. She told me, and I read it in a couple places as well, that you should wait until a week or two after you deliver to get fitted for new bras. You won't know how big your girls will bet until the milk supply comes in. I bought a week's worth of bras when I had to move up in size, with two of them being nursing bras. As I start cutting down on the breast feeding my boobs will get smaller due to less milk and these ones will fit again at that point. Not looking forward to having to spend the money, but I am saving for it. Honestly, if I could get away with wearing my sleep bras all day I would. They just don't provide enough support for daytime activities.
Okay, well I will probably just buy a two pack in a bra that fits now. and wait and buy more after he gets here. thanks
February 24th, 2014, 06:42 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Not pregnant I'm a 38 DDD. Right now I'm a 40 F and will probably go up another cup size when my milk comes in. I got measured at Motherhood.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
February 24th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Veteran
I went bra shopping. I have found that it is pretty much impossible to find a 32C in ANY of the stores in my area. I went to walmart, Jcpenney, Herbergers and target(the only ones in my town) and only found 2 bras that were $40+ and had underwire or were pushup bra's.

I guess i went from a A-cup to a B-cup with DS during pregnancy but I don't remember if my boobs got bigger after DS because I didnt breastfeed. So does that mean my milk never came in? I stayed a B-cup after having him too, which I was super happy about lol. I can't imagine them getting bigger but if they do im betting a 32D is going to be just has hard to find as a 32C

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search