What to NOT tell a pregnant woman!!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By AshleyJ28
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 2 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By AshleyJ28
  • 1 Post By MommaBean18
  • 3 Post By Tree_Love
  • 2 Post By bella88
  • 2 Post By sarav

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2014, 07:22 AM
" you are getting so big!" ( really I hadn't noticed)

What's up preggers? ( I still have a name thank you.)

What are you going to do with your dogs? ( are you ****** kidding me right now)

You better go out now as much as you can before the baby. ( in the 7 years being with me SO we rarely go out, we love being home, why would we change that now)

You need to get rid of your guest room because your child will need a play room

You are in for a rude awakening ( this one is my favorite, like having a baby is such a horrible thing omg!)

You can't lift that, you can't eat that and your waddle is so cute!

I'm sure there are more..........
moxiemommie likes this.
March 1st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A co-worker asked me yesterday... at lunch in the lunch room infront of like 10 other people "what is wrong with your face?" ... My skin is very broken out right now and very bad on my chin. Its pretty f@cking obviously whats wrong with it, why would you ask me that in front of everyone while they are all listening....

The other one that is still bugging me is that my Mother in law was comparing my belly to my sister in laws belly and she looks at me " That one looks like its twins for sure" ..... $#%# you lady. My sis in law is 2 weeks ahead of me!!
moxiemommie likes this.

March 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
Just keep breathing.
A male coworker I hardly ever talk to came up to me and said, "So do you have any complications?" Um, are you asking if something's wrong with me or my baby? WHY do you think I would tell you such a personal thing? I just said no, tersely.

It got worse. He gave a big sigh, shook his head and said, "You know, I really feel for you women." I said, "Oh?" He continued, "You know... all the PAIN." I was speechless.
March 1st, 2014, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
Ahahaha...I love these!!

"I thought you were pregnant , not turning into a teletubby"

"Have you had any bleeding?" (what?? Really?!)

And its not something that was said but I was putting up my hair yesterday at work and my co-worker came up to me and said "I SEE A BELLY BUTTON!!!" and poked her finger right into my belly button. I kid you not....I just about killed the women.

March 1st, 2014, 08:52 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I think the one that would annoy me the most (and I'm waiting for someone to blurt it out at work) is 'You look like you're about to pop!'
...who ever thought that was a good thing to say.

You look like you're about to pop. Well you look like you're about to get my foot down your throat.

I don't know why that one bothers me so much.
MommaBean18 and Ellies_mom like this.
March 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
people...sheesh!!!! Thankfully no one has said anything to me yet!!

1/12 3/13
March 1st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Oh I Also like " so how much weight have you gained so far?" That is never ok to ask even if you are pregnant!
bella88 likes this.
March 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loathe being called preggo, or preggers. Those terms just bug the hell out of me.

I've learned in 8 years and 4 pregnancies, people have no filters or common sense when pregnant.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
agig's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
I loathe being called preggo, or preggers. Those terms just bug the hell out of me.
This exactly!! Cannot stand being referred to as "preggo", I'm pregnant!
March 2nd, 2014, 09:35 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyJ28 View Post
Oh I Also like " so how much weight have you gained so far?" That is never ok to ask even if you are pregnant!
I totally agree. I have a very sweet yet extremely annoying man I work with that checks in every Friday "how much have you gained this week?" Every week I say NOTHING and he still hasn't figured out that Im completely full of crap...

March 2nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyJ28 View Post
This is the one I always get. I've been answering, but after the last response I'm thinking about stopping. I had only gained 6lbs by week 20. Between then and week 25 I gained another 14lbs (getting an OMG! response, like it was horrible or something). That was my first month not working, but I also had a ton of belly growth during that time. My doctor was not concerned. In fact, she gained almost 30 of her 37lbs in the last trimester. I figured as long as I eat 2 healthy meals a day and take my meds I'm doing pretty good.

I have only had to deal with the touching by one family member, and she knows she has to get permission first. She basically molests by belly. Fortunately, no strangers have tried anything yet.
March 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
After a long 12 hour shift, a majority of which I was in a lot of pain, a co-worker was nagging me and I snapped a nasty response to something. She replied " wow someone's grumpy." No s**t b***h! I told you I was feeling like crap, I know how to do my job. Leave me the h*** alone...
moxiemommie likes this.

March 3rd, 2014, 06:09 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellies_mom View Post

And its not something that was said but I was putting up my hair yesterday at work and my co-worker came up to me and said "I SEE A BELLY BUTTON!!!" and poked her finger right into my belly button. I kid you not....I just about killed the women.
WTH? Are you two? So inappropriate, I seriously don't know how I would react...probably without thinking I'd slap them.

People are weird.

I HATE 'preggers'

I HATE when DH says that's I'm waddling while laughing. I really feel like calling him out on something physical when he says that. Not cute, not funny.
March 3rd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm one of those people that enjoys shocking the hell out of people when they say stupid stuff. Like "Oh my gosh, you're due any day!!" And I tell them I still have over 2 months and their eyes get wide like holy hell, she isn't going to survive. I should start telling people I'm not due until July and start "sobbing" as I walk away. Or tell them I'm not pregnant... That would be fun.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

March 4th, 2014, 02:04 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have meant to this whole pregnancy but forget to pull the confused look and the "but I'm not pregnant" card. I am so glad to read everyone else getting rude comments in a sad kind of way because I am soooooo sick of hearing them directed at me!
moxiemommie and BB2014 like this.

March 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Super Mommy
I just get tired of people asking me how I'm feeling. I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant. My response is "ready for this to be over". Belly button is off limits. It's one of those areas where I am SUPER SENSITIVE and have NEVER let people touch. I nearly wig out and vomit when the u/s wand is near my belly button. So if anyone ever tried touching my belly button, I'd probably puke on them. The worse I've had was a waitress tell me she couldn't tell I was pregnant. Really? I know I'm overweight, but this belly is very obviously baby. I think she thought she was complimenting me, but at 28 weeks, it wasn't a compliment.
LUSHaye and BB2014 like this.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 4th, 2014, 11:24 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had a bunch of these comments before. LOL. Glad we can vent to each other about them!When I was pregnant with DS, one comment that I will never forget was- a coworker told me she was sorry and frowned and said she had a dream that my baby died. SERIOUSLY?!?! I lost all respect for her and never wanted to be around her again. Who tells a pregnant woman that? There are some things people should keep to themselves!!!

March 5th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
This pregnancy has not been bad with the comments, but I don't deal with many strangers anymore. When I was 30 weeks with my son this old lady getting her haircut by a coworker asked how far along I was.i told her and she said oh great! But you're not out of the clear yet, my friends baby died right around her 8th month pregnant. I just stood there shocked. Who says that?

March 5th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
Got a new one. A coworker was asking me about how much longer I have. I said "8 weeks, and I understand now why women say in the 3rd trimester you can't wait for baby to be born. Sometimes his movements get so distracting when I'm trying to work."Her comment "Just be grateful you are pregnant cuz there are women like me that have been trying for a while."I know where she was coming from. Before my clotting disorder was diagnosed, I went thru trying and losses. But then part of me is annoyed that I'm not allowed to express some of my whines. Especially when this coworker has 2 boys already; she's been through it. Just cuz I whine about my miseries doesn't mean I am not grateful to be pregnant. And I'm even more grateful that despite a lot of bad family medical stuff, my baby looks perfectly healthy.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 5th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Omg these are pretty good, in a not so good way lol. Sorry Im totally lurking from june The thing I take offense to most is when people say oh you are pregnant? Im so tempted to say no, Im just really fat especially around the belly and my stomach and intestines just randomly move around (because you can see my belly move lol) Then they ask how far a long I am and when my response is 6 months they get a like oh she isnt just fat- look on their face... its weird. lol. But I dont mind the waddle or the term "preggers/preggo." My hubby even waddled with me when someone mentioned it hahaha. It was a sympathy waddle, but it was funny. Another thing I think is kind of funny is when people tell me oh keep trying for a girl (this is boy #3 for us) and besides the fact that Im grateful that I can have healthy pregnancies and babies... my first thought is, why would I keep having more kids that I cant afford just to get a specific gender (I mean I can afford the ones I have, but 10 would be pushing it. LOL) My response to them is always "well then I would have about 20 boys and then hit menopause "LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search