Acid reflux?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By amylynn82

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 12:40 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Every dang night! I don't remember this with #1 =\

Anyone else? Besides a script, anything helping?
March 4th, 2014, 04:03 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All the time . Ranitidine, a million times over! It's a life saver. Look for the heartburn products that are just ranitidine and they work really well. The ones I have are 12 hour and they actually last. OB says they are perfectly safe and I can take them as much as I need to.

March 4th, 2014, 05:19 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use Prilosec OTC for my GERD.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 4th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I typically just take Zantac 150 but my GERD has been so bad lately even that doesn't help. I've tried nexium recently and that didn't help. I eat tums and Roland's like crazy. My dad suggests alka seltzer or a pinch of baking soda in a shot of water. Going to buy both of those today worth a shot if it helps yay.

Scarlett Diane

March 4th, 2014, 06:11 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just eating tums like it's candy. And now really spacing out my snacking and water drinking. No fluids (or at least very minimal) while I'm eating. Ginger beer has been awesome! It makes me burp a LOT, but it helps get that extra air and gas out of my tummy so there's more room for whatever else I end up putting in there.
girlsofsummer likes this.
March 4th, 2014, 07:21 AM
When I have a really bad attack at night, I drink a glass of milk. Granted, being lactose intolerant it isn't the best choice for me, but I'd rather take those repercussions over choking on my own stomach acid. I took a nap the other day and had an episode, unfortunately, it went into my nose

Killian's Birth Story
March 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Diet is a huge trigger with mine. Anything too acidic (red sauce, vinegar in salad dressings, too much coffee) makes it worse. I'm popping tums during the day but yesterday I had to take Zantac.

I just read on WebMd that you shouldn't drink much water when you're taking OTC heartburn medicine as it actually creates MORE stomach acid. Doh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSHaye View Post
J. Ginger beer has been awesome! It makes me burp a LOT, but it helps get that extra air and gas out of my tummy so there's more room for whatever else I end up putting in there.
That's a great idea, I never thought of that. Too bad I can't have ginger beer in a moscow mule
March 4th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Diet is a huge trigger with mine. Anything too acidic (red sauce, vinegar in salad dressings, too much coffee) makes it worse. I'm popping tums during the day but yesterday I had to take Zantac.

I just read on WebMd that you shouldn't drink much water when you're taking OTC heartburn medicine as it actually creates MORE stomach acid. Doh.

That's a great idea, I never thought of that. Too bad I can't have ginger beer in a moscow mule

At first glance, I read that as you were pooping tums..

Killian's Birth Story
March 4th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to take Zantac (or Prilosec can't remember) with my last pg but this time I'm making out ok by avoiding anything acidic at night, not eating for several hours before bed, propping up with pillows at night and eating a lot of Tums!

March 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
At first glance, I read that as you were pooping tums..
Hey maybe that's the magical cure for hemorrhoids?!
bella88 likes this.
March 4th, 2014, 08:51 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take Pepcid every night and if it's acting up it usually means I need to eat something. I eat when I'm nauseous, I eat when I have heartburn. No wonder I'm gaining 50 million lbs.
March 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Yes UGH..still trying to figure out what is instigating it. Yogurt seems to help and I pop Tums.

1/12 3/13
March 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Veteran
I take the generic brand of pepcid or priolosec(i dont remember which one) from the Dollar general and it has been working great. I take it usally 20-30mins before bed cuz my heartburn is the worst at night.
March 4th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
I've been on prescription strength Prilosec for reflux. Before pregnancy, it was as needed and would work within an hour. Now? It's every day. And when I forget, I end up popping Tums all day. And it takes HOURS for the pill to kick in. UGH!

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 4th, 2014, 11:15 AM
amylynn82's Avatar Veteran
I take Zantac daily and Pepcid for any break through heart burn. Remember that prilosec is Category C...so check with your doc first!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
March 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg I'm dying here- if dh doesn't get home soon I may actually die. Gosh it burns!!! Blegh. I wish I could say it will go away when I'm not pregnant but my first pregnancy ruined me for life- I get it randomly but I seriously think I'm going to throw up if I don't eat soon!! Gosh I hate acid reflux!!!
March 4th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take tums. But with DS I needed an RX. I think for a while I was on an OTC 24hr one but I can't remember which. Zantac sounds right but I am not sure.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

March 5th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Super Mommy
Eating teeny meals and popping the motherlode of tums. Thats about all Ive got....I only usually get it at night thankfully.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search