My Midwife appt

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Midwife appt today was interesting.

I passed my glucose test but just barely. She was a bit concerned and told me to watch out for signs that I might have diabetes but I dont have to go do the 3 hours test which is awesome.

My Iron levels were 115 and need to be over 120. I guess if they fall to 105 I cant deliver at the birth house in case I ended up bleeding after. So she sent me go buy this herbal stuff that helps you absorb Iron.

She was worried about the baby being to too big too. I am measuring 2.5 weeks bigger than I should be. It was mentioned more than once that I might have to have the baby in the hospital. I have been preparing myself for that happening and I am ok with it at this point. I hope I can do it on my own and I REALLY dont want to be induced. There are 2 things I dont want... Induction and c-section. I might go for another ultrasound if she thinks the baby is getting to big.

The good news is my blood pressure was nice again so that is awesome! At this point with my first my blood pressure was climbing.

My appts are every 2 weeks now
MommaBean18 likes this.

March 4th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I hope like my LO, your LO just had a growth spurt and will even out going forward.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 4th, 2014, 01:21 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I was measuring bigger at 26w, and now I'm back at the smaller end for 30w. Could totally be a growth spurt for you, too. But I'm with you --- the two things I really, REALLY don't want is to be induced or have a c-section.
March 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Glad things went good and you dont have to to the 3hr test! I also hope its just a growth spurt! And I am also with you ladies the two things i am trying to avoid at all cost is induction and c-section. although avoiding one may end up in having to have the other though so we will see how things go!
March 4th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad things went well

March 4th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad that you don't have to deal with GD but boo on the other possible issues. Just remember that the later an ultrasound, the less accurate it is about size. I would be sure to discuss that with your midwife if she has you go for one! I have my fingers crossed everything works out in your favor though!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

March 4th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_Love View Post
Glad that you don't have to deal with GD but boo on the other possible issues. Just remember that the later an ultrasound, the less accurate it is about size. I would be sure to discuss that with your midwife if she has you go for one! I have my fingers crossed everything works out in your favor though!!

She said her weight predictions are more accurate than the ultrasounds are but that she has to send me for one if its needed so she can "check off that box". I dont think she will base any of her decisions going forward on what it says for the weight of the baby.

March 5th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get your birth center birth! I'm with you on not wanting an induction or section!

March 5th, 2014, 10:29 AM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I'm glad that you don't have GD! I had to start taking iron supplements because my levels were slightly low, what herbal stuff did she give you? That sounds a lot more interesting than more pills lol.

March 5th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She told me to get this stuff callled Floradix. I got it in liquid form and I have to take 10mls twice a day with a meal. I had it this morning and it wasnt too bad... iron after taste but not gross.

It actually has Iron in it and a couple other vitamins/minerals in it. Its supposed to be better than iron pills cause it wont make you constipated or give you any other side effects.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search