Btdt moms adding baby 2??

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Panda
  • 1 Post By joanna26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so on the days when I actually wrap my mind around the fact that I am going to be the mommy of two humans I feel overwhelmed!! I'm kinda worried! My son is only 18 months so maybe that doesn't help my anxiety. But I'm just worried about life with two how my son will adjust especially sharing his milkies since he is still nursing. My other big fear is how am I going to love another baby as much as I love my son?!? He is my everything! Just need some reassurance I guess! Or advise or idk anything!

March 4th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I don't know about nursing two. But I can tell you that the love you have for your kid now grows with each additional kid. I could never imagine not havingmy four amazing kids. No matter how crazy they drive me. It takes abut to get used to. But it's amazing.

Scarlett Diane

March 4th, 2014, 04:40 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal to worry about the whole love thing and just as natural for it to disappear the minute your baby arrives. In fact, with dd2 there were times I felt resentful that dd1 was making it hard to enjoy my newborn time with dd2. It all works out though and there is absolutely nothing in the world like seeing two beings that you helped create love each other...my girls are so attached to each other it's unbelievable. They love each other in a way they will never love any one else.
March 5th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Super Mommy
I know, I'm right there with you! My little guy is quite a bit older than yours (almost 2 1/2) and he's very excited about "his" baby. But he's SO attached to his mommy that I'm worried about how he will react. I think back to what it was like when he was a newborn and I'm like "ok, I'm going to do that again except now with a toddler?? How is that even possible??" I guess we're about to find out! I just have to trust that lots of people have successfully done this before and so can I.Mine is still nursing twice a day (morning and bedtime) and I'm worried that once my milk comes in, he'll decide he wants more than that. I'm pretty prepared to be firm on his twice-a-day routine because I'm not sure I can handle more! Probably I'll encourage weaning after a few months but not right at the same time as baby girl is born. I think that would just be too much change, and I don't want him to feel displaced. Not sure what I would do with an 18 month old. I know most babies are weaned by then and it's totally fine, but we were so not ready and it sounds like you aren't either, at least not quite yet.I plan to talk with the lactation consultant who helped me last time for advice on this subject since I don't know anyone who has tandem nursed. Maybe you could find someone like that to talk with? It's hard having no idea what to expect or how you will react.
March 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am preparing myself for tandem nursing since my colostrum is in and he is going through a wonder week/month/ forever lol he is asking for num num all the time! For now I am restricting him some which works sometimes I try to bribe him with snacks lol!! Today I'm feeling better about the whole thing lol I go through days of oh my how am I going to do this!! And the next day it's like I got this!! XD got to love those preggo hormones!!
AlaskaMom likes this.

March 5th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMom View Post
I think back to what it was like when he was a newborn and I'm like "ok, I'm going to do that again except now with a toddler?? How is that even possible??"

That is where I am right now! When DS was a newborn I basically nursed him, ate and rested for the first few weeks (and absolutely loved that time). DH took care of everything around the house. This time I will have a 5 year-old to entertain in the middle of an always blazing Texas summer and DH is going to be traveling most weeks. Not really sure exactly how this is going to work!
AlaskaMom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search