:( blood sugars getting me down :(

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far controlling my GD has been a challenge I have been on Glyburide for a few days and at first it was doing good getting my fasting numbers down then yesterday my number was higher and today it was 109 I have been getting quite a few high numbers unless I really restrict my carbs

Down to

11g max at breakfast (even tho today after breakfast was still high)

30 g at lunch

20-30g at dinner

It's hard not to get emotional when I am getting bad numbers I have a dr appt tomorrow so I'm going to talk to him about it but I also feel like I'm not eating enough carbs and that worries me especially since I feel like baby boy has decreased his movement a bit the last few days he is still moving quite a few times a day so I'm wondering if it's a growth spurt. Either way I feel like an emotional mess...

March 5th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Super Mommy
Is it possible that baby is adjusting to less sugar too? It could be a good sign that he's not quite as active. Perhaps his activity before was hyperactivity from too much sugar.Just my 2 positive cents. I hope the doctor can bring you some comfort.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 5th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I'm so sorry your having a hard time, but don't let it get you down. It's not your fault, you are doing your part and your body just isn't making enough insulin.I totally agree you are not eating enough carbs. I def think you need some more help with the glyburide during the day. Make sure you tell your doctor your barely eating carbs. Take it easy and don't stress as stress will make your blood sugar go up too.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

March 5th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs girl! How frustrating Hopefully your dr can help you figure out a better plan.

March 5th, 2014, 09:32 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Boo. I hope the Dr can get you on a better plan.

1/12 3/13
March 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) Diabetes can be SO frustrating, especially when you are doing everything "right" and it's still not working out the way you want. I know this first hand so don't hesitate to vent away! It really can be unpredictable at times, it's just the nature of the beast. I'm not a dietician but I would think upping medication to eat some more carbs would make sense. Your body needs those too, otherwise you start to lose weight (think of low carb/aitkins type diets), which obviously isn't ideal. You just have to do the best you can and try not to connect emotions with your blood sugars. This is something I struggle with. I have a tendency to beat myself up if I have a high blood sugar but I have to remind myself that the stress from that isn't good for the baby either. Do you exercise daily? That could maybe help...I try to get out for a walk at least once a day. Usually 30-90 mins, depending on how I'm feeling/how the weather is.

March 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
How did your appt go??I'm also having a harder time controlling mine. It seems everyday it gets harder and harder

March 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((hugs))) mama. I'm sorry it's getting you down!! I hope your doctor has some advice to help you out!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

March 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A little disappointing actualy.. Since I had cut my carbs and was eating to my meter my doc kind of blew me off and when I told him I was only eating 90g carbs or less he said "oh well you don't have to eat more carbs than that" even tho my dietitian wants to be eating at least 135g carbs so idk I know last time I was under the recommended carb intake also so I'm shifting gears and switching my carb types in most meals even tho I eat whole wheat and brown rices I am taking those out except every few days and doing starchy veggies (very light on potatoes) like peas, corn, carrots ect.. instead to replace that I'm also doing 2 servings of protein for every serving of carbs which helps for me. So my meals look like this baked chicken breast with peas and corn ... Every day forever lol

Oh and I think I may have forgotten my Glyburide the night before I got the 109 since this morning fasting was 80 same bed time snack and everything. So that is a nice sign

March 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
If I were you I would up your carb intake to where they should be and see how your numbes are. And if in 3 days you are having lots of highs put a call in to your doc... You really should be eating more than what you are. It won't hurt anything to have a few days of high numbers, but your doctor needs too see those. I'm sorry girl, I would be pissed at my doc. I guess having had GD now for the 3rd time, my docs tend to let me lead the way.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

March 7th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
And now this morning woke up with a fasting of 66 wth is going on with my crazy body??

March 7th, 2014, 05:59 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I'm also on glyburide. I cannot have fruit. I have to restrict myself to 15g of carbs per meal, and that is with a ton of other protein. Sometimes I still have issues. I went totally carb free and was still getting fasting #'s over 110. Sometimes people have to continually adjust their medication.
March 7th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Andrea, I would up your carbs to what your dietician says and see what happens. If you need more medicine, so be it. I'm obviously on insulin and not on a diet but it is not uncommon for someone with type I to need to double or triple their pre-pregnancy insulin by the end of pregnancy because the placenta/hormones make you increasingly insulin resistant. I won't be surprised if I need about 1mL of insulin (circa 100 units I believe) a day by the end. If you don't eat enough carbohydrates your body will start producing ketones and you'll start to break down fat. There is some research that says ketones aren't healthy for the baby.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; March 7th, 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search