DH vent

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43
  • 4 Post By sarav
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By Londons Butterfly
  • 4 Post By PointDefiance
  • 1 Post By irish bells

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2014, 04:42 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
So DH and I share a closet for our clothes. Our closet is maxed out, no more space. I have a bunch of maternity in there and some of my big girl shirts that I can wear as well. I took a bunch of my normal clothes out that I couldn't fit into since being super pregnant and boxed them up months ago until after the baby comes. I had a friend give me a large bin of maternity clothes. They won't fit in the closet. I have been wearing them and I fold them and put them beside my side of the bed, where he doesn't even go because I'm on the far side of the room away from the entrance. So, my husband hates clutter and wants everything perfect. He's the OCD one about cleanliness in the house. I didn't want to box up more stuff to make more room in the closet because let's face it, we're close to the end here! So what does he do? Take the 40something pieces of beautifully folded clothes that I had organized by work tops, casual tops, dress pants, capris, jeans and throws them all over the bed. UGH!!!!! So I put them on the dresser and it's a big mountain of a mess up to the top of the mirror. I am so pissed. Now they're all going to get wrinkled and I don't know what to do with them. He even said that he doesn't want more boxes to deal with. So that mountain of clothes is going to end up being some friction between us because right now I am so mad, I just want to leave it like it is. It looks worse than them being folded next to the bed in an organized fashion. Serves him right! End of vent.

March 19th, 2014, 05:02 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I'd be mad at him too!
BB2014 likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 19th, 2014, 05:47 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Men!!! I have the opposite problem- my dh is a slob and a hoarder. So, he would do that except he would just throw everything on top of the dresser in the first place!! Lol I wouldn't want to organize maternity at this point either. It makes it easier to box up after anyway if it's not all mixed in!!!
BB2014 likes this.
March 19th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Super Mommy
I'd put my stuff on hangers and make room in the closet by taking out his stuff and throwing it on the bed. Just my 2 hormonal cents.
Nel, bella88, BB2014 and 1 others like this.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 19th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ya at least they were nicely folded and organized! I'd leave them in a mess on the dresser for awhile. Living with someone with OCD is NO fun. My son's father has is badly and it was just irrational and annoying as crap to live with.

We have the same issue right now but its my DH who has all the clothes. Its like he has saved everything he ever wore and has to keep it in the closet! He does seem to think its an issue to have piles and cluttered clothes in the closet, on the dresser and beside his bed. It drives me nuts. I have a lot of clothes too especially now with the mat clothes but I nicely put everything into clear plastic bins and stored them in the garage.
BB2014 likes this.

March 19th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I also have the opposite issue my DH is a slob and im a neat freak. But what you had going on wasn't even a mess issue it was a box of folded clothes. I would be pissed too, and I would leave it a mess for awhile just to spite what he did.
BB2014 likes this.

March 19th, 2014, 09:51 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
We have an old house with incredibly tiny, almost useless closets, so I can relate to not having enough space.
BB2014 likes this.
March 19th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Sounds like my husband.
BB2014 likes this.

Scarlett Diane

March 19th, 2014, 10:41 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
U fold clothes!?

Mine sit on the couch for a few days... Then I put them back in the dryer to try to get the wrinkles out and back to the couch ... This goes on until the cat lays on them then I rewash them... Then, maybe they get folded. I'm awesome at laundry.
March 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry. That's frustrating. My husband is a little OCD when it comes to cleaning (ok, alot OCD), but that's only when it comes to cleaning. He's just as messy and unorganized as me. We just have different things we are messy at. The house gets dirty and cluttered. He reaches his breaking point first and will blow up about how the house is such a mess and I'm lazy and need to stay on top of it. Blah, blah, blah. It usually ends with me fighting back tears or going to work in another room to avoid him. The biggest one that gets me is the end of the kitchen counter by the door. He always gets mad and says I need to clean it, but it's all his stuff. I don't know where his tools go or all the other garage stuff he puts there, so I don't touch it. I actually refused to do his laundry for years because he throws it everywhere. Seriously, everywhere. I kept telling him if he organized it and put it in baskets I would be happy to do it. It wasn't until we overhauled the bedroom and all the laundry got caught up that I was able to set up baskets for us to put stuff in. He knows if he wants it washed it has to go in there. You're almost at the end. I agree it doesn't make sense to mix maternity clothes in with everything else and box up other stuff that you'll be using again soon.
BB2014 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search