FREE MOMMA-TO-BE STUFF! (pay shipping only!)

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 06:55 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I follow a blog on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/HowDoesShe/156476778233) which had an offer to get 2 free belly bands for FREE! ($42 value) so I checked it and out and placed an order! They have sister sites who offer freebies as well. I also ordered a baby sling, and breast feeding cover.

Here are the links if anybody is interested!

Two FREE belly Bands! Use code "BELLYBAND4FREE" to get 2 free belly bands (just pay shipping). ($40 Value). https://www.bellybuttonband.com/

Use Promo Code "BELLY" at all of the websites below for 100% off!

5 pairs of Baby Leggings for FREE at BabyLeggings.com - Buy Baby Leggings, Leg Warmers and Arm Warmers - The perfect accessory to any baby ensemble! (a $50 Value)
A FREE Udder Covers™ Brand nursing cover at Udder Covers (a $35 Value)
A FREE Carseat Canopy™ at Carseat Canopy (a $50 Value)
A FREE printed Nursing Pillow at NursingPillow.com - Nursing Pillows - Breastfeeding Pillows - Baby Pillows (a $40 Value)
A FREE Seven™ brand baby carrier at Seven (a $40 Value)
10 pairs of Breast Pads for FREE at BreastPads.com - Your source to find the latest and cutest washable breast pads! (a $35 Value)

Last edited by StilettoGirlMama; March 20th, 2014 at 06:59 AM.
March 20th, 2014, 07:27 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done the baby legs and Seven carrier with my last baby

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
I've done the baby legs and Seven carrier with my last baby
Did you like the carrier??? I ordered one too and I can't wait until everything comes! And it's good to hear someone say they have bought from these sites before, because I was a little iffy ... but you can't beat the prices!
March 20th, 2014, 07:57 AM
It's nice, but it's not my style in a carrier. I like wraps and my mei tai.

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 09:06 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I ordered both the baby leggings and the sling, and I thought the products were crap. It's all from the same company, which claims to be American, but I have my doubts. The leggings I got were hit or miss - with more than one pair, one leg was shorter than the other. And the sling is a glorified pillow case that smelled like gasoline. Their customer service is awful -- no response on several emails. So buyer beware!
Spottts likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I Ordered ALL of these items and all are sub par.

The baby legs I havent even opened. I ordered them in November and just got them a couple weeks ago.

The nursing cover was nothing exciting and the cloth smells like gasoline.

The carseat canopy hasnt showed up yet.

The nursing pillow is like a nursing pillow for ants....lol

The sling... Smells again like gas/chemicals and it doesnt look safe... I dont even get how it works with out the baby falling out.

March 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I don't even know what happened to the baby leggings from when I ordered them. That was 3 years ago.

I make my own, well, made, when my sewing machine wasn't a butthead.

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Veteran
The only thing I've bought from that company is the breastfeeding cover. Ordered it back in October, I think. Since then I've seen them advertise EVERYWHERE it seems, which makes me question the company now. I don't think I'll use the breastfeeding cover too often since I'll be a SAHM, and I didn't want to spend $30 on one at Buy buy baby when I won't be using it much. I wouldn't order anything else from them.
March 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Since then I've seen them advertise EVERYWHERE it seems, which makes me question the company now.
Yes they always have free this and free that. I don't know how you can continuously give your product away, unless it costs a quarter, then they're making their money via shipping/handling fees. Which is what I suspect b/c I'd never pay asking price for their products.
March 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Veteran
I've bought the nursing cover and car seat cover, and I'm waiting on the breast pads. Neither of my covers smelled, and I tested them out not to long ago to make sure they'd work for me. I also couldn't see spending much on a nursing cover since I'd mostly be at home or could go old school and throw a blanket over us. That was strictly a convenience purchase. I only bought the car seat cover because I tried to hand-stitch my own out of old bed sheets, and I can't sew worth a crap and gave up. The items have to be cheaply made for them to offer so many "free" deals. The shipping and handling is outrageous for these items, so they make their profit on the inflated handling fees. Pretty sure it doesn't cost them more than a couple dollars to ship and package the stuff. It's like most of those infomercials that offer a second item for free, all you pay is shipping and handling. Yet, they won't advertise the S&H cost. You find out when you buy it. I figured these were worth a try for less than $50 for all three things when I would have had to pay significantly more for the higher quality items in the stores. Especially when I don't know if I will want to keep using them.
StilettoGirlMama likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I ordered some of the baby legs and a sling last week. I could make my own but it would cost me more to buy the materials. I'm not sure about the sling since I love the mei tai I made and the baby k'tan I bought.

Scarlett Diane

March 21st, 2014, 06:34 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking here, I bought the nursing pillow, udder cover, car seat canopy, 2 sets of reusable nursing pads, and the sling. Nursing pillow is tiny! We're going to let our 7yo DD use it when she wants to hold the baby, the waist area is that small. I actually love the car seat canopy, but I worry about how long it will hold up. Obviously haven't used the nursing pads yet so that's to be determined. The sling. Um yea. It's just a piece of fabric that I'm not real sure how it's safe or secure. probably won't be using it. The shipping took maybe a month or two with some of the items since they were on "back order" but they all arrived eventually.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 21st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londons Butterfly View Post
I ordered some of the baby legs and a sling last week. I could make my own but it would cost me more to buy the materials. I'm not sure about the sling since I love the mei tai I made and the baby k'tan I bought.
Long adult socks is what I used to make baby legs
Londons Butterfly likes this.

Killian's Birth Story
March 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
AWWWW MAN! WELL, at least I didn't pay a lot for the items! They prob give them for "free" and the "shipping" I prob all they're worth.
March 30th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I ordered both the 5 pair of baby leggings (since I currently have a 1 year old), and the sling. An acquaintance gave me 1 pair of baby leggings that seemed to work just fine, and most of the moms in my last DDC also bought them. I ordered March 22nd, they have both shipped, and should arrive by April 3rd. The baby leggings quality is just fine, a little nervous about the sling given the feedback from others, but $10 each really isn't too bad.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
March 30th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't use a sling that's that cheap, or a used one. I think new name brands are more reliable, but that's just me.
March 30th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I got mine last week. The sling just smells like it's been in the plastic forever so no unusual smells. The leggings are so cute no problems with them. Other than they will be big for a newborn. Shipping was quick.

Scarlett Diane

March 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't use a sling that's that cheap, or a used one. I think new name brands are more reliable, but that's just me.
There is nothing wrong with using a used carrier. As long as you fully inspect it. You can get a brand new one that is made badly and get a used one that works better. I have both kinds, brand new and I have been gifted others because friends no longer needed them.

It's all about being an aware buyer.
Londons Butterfly likes this.

Killian's Birth Story
March 31st, 2014, 02:12 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
There is nothing wrong with using a used carrier. As long as you fully inspect it. You can get a brand new one that is made badly and get a used one that works better. I have both kinds, brand new and I have been gifted others because friends no longer needed them.

It's all about being an aware buyer.

My husband didn't even want me using a sling at first; even the most expensive ones. He said it looked like the baby was going to fall out. The only way he feels the least bit safe with me using one is if I get one of the most expensive ones that are built really study and haven't been used.
March 31st, 2014, 02:39 PM
My favorite one is the one I made myself lol. It's a mei tai type and I'm not sure about wearing a newborn in it. I love my baby k'tan for that age anyway.

Scarlett Diane

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search