Happy Spring!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Decemberhill
  • 1 Post By Decemberhill
  • 1 Post By Nel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 06:30 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mother Nature greeted us with some snow this morning. Awesome, huh?

It wont' stick around but it's a kick to the face haha. Let's see if I have snow on my birthday Sunday. From what I hear, it's possible, ugh.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Everyone said it would be so much nicer being pregnant during the winter instead of the summer. I call BS! I HATE wearing jeans while pregnant. They hurt! And putting on boots…ha ha ha. Even tugging on my UGGS is a struggle. I'll take summer dresses and heat while being pregnant over winter boots and jeans any day! Bring on the heat!!!!!!!
inyourhonor likes this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
March 20th, 2014, 06:36 AM
I've done all the seasons and I have to agree with you. Let me wear skirts, gauchos and t-shirts with flip flops and I'm a happy pregnant lady. Layering during pregnancy? No thank you. Not to mention my feet swelling and I loathe having to wear socks and shoes, haha. If I could, I'd be in flip flops all year.

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Oh! Me too! I grew up on the beach! I was just thinking of going flip flop shopping today when I go to the Exchange!

And I lived in gauchos my first two pregnancies. They seriously were the best!
inyourhonor likes this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
March 20th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Haha, and I grew up in Michigan and love flip flops No beaches here, unless you to go a lake. I'd love to have grown up by the beach!

Target has 20% off on their cartwheel app for their flip flops, I ended up buying 2 pairs when I was there last week. Hoping it may bring some good warm weather my way, I didn't quite luck out.

I swear they are the best pants ever created. I can't wait to drag mine out already. I'm over the maternity jeans.

Killian's Birth Story

Last edited by inyourhonor; March 20th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
March 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We woke up to like a full blown blizzard out this morning lol Minus it being really cold though thankfully. It is warm out and windy as heck and snowing so much... Nice slick roads

I think we need a Spring 2014 retry tomorrow lol
inyourhonor likes this.

March 20th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've had temps in the 60's so it's been really pleasant for this time of year! Our winter was really mild but by the end I had a hard time with the boots as well! Not sure if I could handle being this pregnant in summer as I already have a tendency to swell big time! Scary to think what it would be with added heat/humidity lol

March 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM
The highest we've hit is 55, which is nice and non coat weather here, haha. A rather harsh winter. We were 3 inches away from hitting the snow record for the area I live in. Which was set back in I think 1885? Usual amount is under a total of 50 inches a snow for the winter, we got just under 90 inches, the record is 93!

We'll still have our chilly days it looks like, but they're becoming fewer and farther between. Fine by me.

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm from the midwest too and I've heard non stop how bad the winter was from family/friends! I think they surpassed the snowfall record in my home town even. Maybe this means you guys will have an exceptionally warm summer

March 20th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I'll take a nice mild summer! No humidity, although, I can dream on that. The heat sucks with the humidity. Mid 70's all summer long? Yes please!

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2014, 03:45 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nooooo summer is crap. It's autumn now and it was 36 degrees celsius on the weekend. It blows. I'm hopimg the cooler weather kicks in for a bit of relief!

March 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
We have quite a bit of snow here from a big storm this weekend, but nevertheless it's beautiful--clear blue sky and so sunny! I can see Denali from my office window. :-) The sun is getting brighter in the sky and the days are getting loooooong fast. We'll call that spring!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search