Low blood pressure - anyone else

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
Over the past couple of weeks, I've been experiencing some dizziness and some chest pains. Last Monday, I was so dizzy and it lasted for hours and hours. I ended up staying home from work because I couldn't even walk a straight line, let alone drive 45 minutes. During my OB appt the next day, the OB said it sounds like I had low blood pressure. She advised next time I get back into bed and make DH get me something to eat and drink. Then stay in bed until it resolves. My blood pressure was fine at the appt.

Since she mentioned low blood pressure, I went and bought an automatic wrist blood pressure monitor for home. I started over the weekend. Well, this morning, I felt off but attributed it to lack of sleep last night. Then I started getting some chest pains and thought my blood pressure must be spiking from stress with family and work. I took my blood pressure and it was 89/57. Heart rate 101. So low blood pressure but higher than normal resting heart rate. I called the OB and left a voicemail to find out if this is an issue.

I got a pretty quick call back. They said some women can experience low blood pressure. Since baby is continuing to be very active, they aren't overly concerned. I do have to continue to monitor my blood pressure and track any dizzy spells or chest pains. If anything abnormal, I need to lie down, eat and drink something until it resolves.

Anyone else having low blood pressure issues? I thought high blood pressure was more common at this stage.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Hmm, my blood pressure is always pretty low -- like 100/50ish-60. Or at least doctors/nurses tell me that's low. It's been consistently in that rage all pregnancy. So is this happening to you when you first wake up? Or at different times?
March 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Regular
I have pretty low blood pressure but its never really caused me any problems. At nearly every OB appointment they ask me if I've experienced any dizziness or other symptoms. I don't think it's too big of deal but they put me on oxygen during the majority of my last labor and deliver because of it.
March 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also occasionally have low blood pressure/high heart rate. It's really unpleasant but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I guess I rather have this than high bp. My doc sometimes remarks during my ultrasounds that my heart rate is fast but it's too worried.

March 20th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
At the OB appts, I've been 110-120/70-80. I think the lowest has been 110/66. Normal pre-pregnancy was usually around 90-100/60-70. This 89/57 was taken at 10:15am. I had been at work for over 2 hours (awake for almost 5 hours), sitting most of the time at my desk. My sciatic nerve has really been acting up, so I've had to stand up more often to try to stretch it out.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search