newborn photos

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 2 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone planning on getting them taken? How much are yours going to cost you?

My son's photographer is moving asap due to military. I'm bummed. I've been looking up other photographers in the area on Facebook and Craigslist and they charge on average $250 for a shoot then have a minimum $150 print purchase. Ugh! That is way over our budget! I want beautiful pics of our sweet girl but I don't want to break the bank!

March 22nd, 2014, 06:40 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Yes I am! I think mine will be around $150 but it's a couple I know who are just starting out with their photog business. I plan on doing something like this:
March 22nd, 2014, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still finalizing my photographer pick but it looks like it will cost me around $600-$700:/ I'm cringing but I hated DS's newborn pics so I really want good ones this time around.

March 22nd, 2014, 07:21 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Oh, I've been loving those pics of the newborns with all the props for their stats! I'm not sure I can get stuff together to do it, but I'd love to! We are really lucky to have my mom, who loves to dabble in photography and has a really nice camera and a great eye for good photos. So we get ours done for free. Otherwise, I doubt we would do professional sessions, as much as I love the pictures.

March 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are. $150 plus the cost of prints.

March 22nd, 2014, 08:06 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd love to, but no. I haven't done it with any of my other kids, I'll just take photos myself. The one thing I really would like to do is a nice family shoot.
Londons Butterfly likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend is going to do them she has done so many great photos for us here are some from our family shoot right before hubby left for boot camp

BB2014 and MommaBean18 like this.

March 22nd, 2014, 08:42 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
yes! I forget the cost but it was a base plus prints...I think in thr $500 range

1/12 3/13
March 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Veteran
I want to but I also want birth pictures done and I dont think we can swing both(unless of course I am able to get this job at a daycare). The birth pictures will be $150 and the Newborn shoot is $90. She gives you the option of prints or printing rights so we will do printing rights(I used to do photography but have stopped, but I still have my account with a professional printer so we will print them that way).
March 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Nothing professional here. I will shoot some of my own. I want to do a "don't mess with her" theme with my oldest daughter and three boys. And eventually get a family picture done. We haven't had a family pic since my 5 yo was 6 months.

Scarlett Diane

March 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
We will probably get the hospital ones if they are good. I have a decent camera so the rest will be taken by me

March 22nd, 2014, 08:16 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Nope! We're broke, so we won't be getting any unfortunately.

March 22nd, 2014, 08:35 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Yep and I dunno how much because DH works with our photographer =] anywhere from free to $300, I'm also having her do pictures of our DD and puppy
March 24th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I am a photographer so I am planning his newborn shoot.

March 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought a little bit about it. We'll probably ask a photag friend. Having professional pictures done isn't priority enough for me to want to spend money on it. I looked at a few sites and the prices just blew me away. Or I guess I could ask my mom. She's pretty crafty and artsy with a camera. So well, I guess that answers that. We'll probably have them, but it won't be a bank breaker.
March 25th, 2014, 05:32 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
The hospital has a professional photog, so I will prob buy a couple just because it'll be his very first shoot ... but I am a photog myself, so I will be taking my own I haven't done newborn yet, but I have lots of ideas (and time!)
March 25th, 2014, 10:18 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I just go to picture people. I buy the $16 groupon (so I get 6-8 picture sheets) and pay an extra $75 for the hi-res cd (with rights to print) with all the portraits taken.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search