Vent! So I freaked out, but it ended great!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By Kellylovesricky
  • 1 Post By jmills1129
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By irish bells
  • 1 Post By Kellylovesricky
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By peace.love.audrey
  • 1 Post By ToMuchElmo
  • 1 Post By BB2014

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
We went to babies r us tonight to look for some nursery decor or crib bedding. When we got there I was pushing the cart and I swear every isle I went down someone came and stood as close to me as possible. It was awkward and weird. It's like no matter what I was looking at the person had to look at it too. I feel like that is so rude...don't invade my personal space please! Usually I'm super bubbly and will just let things go, but the store was not crowded at all. I felt like I was wearing a sign that said please try to push me out of your way. Ugh.

Anyway we went to the bedding section and were looking at the styles we liked, we found a few we were happy with. Of course nothing under $160 and that doesn't include bumper or any decor at all. Ricky was like, well I guess we are looking at over $300 for all this. I wasn't in a great mood at this point, so I said well I'm not spending a few hundred tonight, hopefully we get some gift cards at the showers to use towards it all.

So we go to look at playards now. I see a couple with a large cart just strolling around near the area. We stop in front of the playards and are talking about which features we like etc. and of course they have to come down the isle we are in. No big deal I purposely drag our cart as close to the playards as I can so they can get by. Well I notice the man just standing as close to me as humanly possibly. I'm not kidding it just pissed me off, so I turn to look at him and he says ummm excuse me! Ricky had this surprised look and I just lost it. I yelled are you fing serious!! What the hell! There is more than enough room to get by! I left the cart threw my hands up and took off out of the isle yelling to Ricky that I felt like I was being stalked in there! He agreed with me of course and the people just rolled their eyes and walked out of the isle. No seriously there were 10 other ways to get out of the area without having to push their cart by us, but they just had to go past us!!!

So I end up in the next isle and right in front of me is a clearance bin that has 2 open bedding sets...one is a style we had just talked about getting that was priced at $189.99 the bag was open and it was missing 2 puffy wall hangings....it was marked down to $38!! The entire set is there minus the hangings that are sold separately for $15!!!! We will now be able to have the entire collection for less than the price of the set regularly!! Soooooo happy...really I'm glad I had a freak out moment or else I would never have seen that bin! Woohoo!

March 22nd, 2014, 08:19 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, sorry that they were rude, but score on the bedding!!!
Kellylovesricky likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
March 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That totally sounds like how I get in the mall when people just randomly cut me off when its busy and then stop dead in front of me....or run into my belly or something. It happens enough times I start to get snappy.

I love stuff on discount! YAY! would make dealing with the stupid people worth it

March 23rd, 2014, 06:23 AM
Veteran
I hate rude shoppers! I get a lot of the personal space invaders, too. Especially checking out at the grocery store. I'm considerate and will start bagging up my items while they are being rung up and then go to pay for them when the cashier is almost done. Most people stand there the whole time, so everyone behind them has to wait because both conveyors are full of other peoples' stuff. I tend to get people behind me who will slide up in front of the card reader the second I step away, so I have to squeeze in to be able to use it and they won't back up an inch. Hey lady, since you're standing there in my way do you want to pay for my groceries?

Yesterday, I went in search of some more maternity shirts because it's getting too warm for all my sweaters. The only affordable ones I was finding were at Old Navy. The only Old Navy near me that has maternity clothes is at the Mall of America. OMG! I hate that place. I almost passed out waiting to pay for my stuff, and I have to weave through the crowds to get around there. People walk 5 wide and zig zag, so It's hard to get around them. And, a slow stroll would be faster than they walk! I avoid that place for a reason. Can't believe I went on a Saturday. Shame on me!

I totally get where your coming from, though. Some people instinctively will take the path that goes closest to you. Whether they are aware of that is another matter. I think a lot of people like doing little things to irritate others. It's like a kid picking at a scab. Great find on the bedding! Maybe all the irritation was for a reason. To save you $$$
March 23rd, 2014, 06:30 AM
Exactly ladies! You all get it! I think I shocked both myself and my husband lol I am a very non confrontational person. I just could not take it when that guy rudely said excuse me...he was the 4th person I had tried to make room for in there. I guess I just try to be as courteous to others as I can and yet I feel like other people don't do the same thing.. Booooo Still it really was totally worth it to get the bedding for under $40! I woke up still feeling the thrill hahaha I never get deals like that! :-D
Nel likes this.

March 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is my biggest pet peeve and I have called people out on it before. Personal space is a big thing for me, stay out of mine and I'm nice. Get in it? I won't hold back. I do it quite often in the check out lanes because people put their carts so close to me they might as well be in my freaking clothing.

I was checking out at Kroger once and these two guys came up RIGHT behind me, one was even so close he could probably see what my pin # was! I looked at him, told him to back up because I'm not going anywhere till I can pay in private. He looked at me, didn't move and I said it again, only louder. That time he moved. I can't stand that!

LOVE the deal! Such a great find! And it's super adorable too!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 23rd, 2014, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for awesome deals! I can't believe that guy was so rude!! People in general are annoying the crap out of me right now:/ What is up with the general rudeness and lack of consideration for those around you?

March 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Someone needs anger management. SMH.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 25th, 2014, 04:56 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I agree. I HATE shopping on weekends!Sounds like everything happened for a reason though because that was an awesome price!
March 25th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish bells View Post
I hate rude shoppers! I get a lot of the personal space invaders, too. Especially checking out at the grocery store. I'm considerate and will start bagging up my items while they are being rung up and then go to pay for them when the cashier is almost done. Most people stand there the whole time, so everyone behind them has to wait because both conveyors are full of other peoples' stuff. I tend to get people behind me who will slide up in front of the card reader the second I step away, so I have to squeeze in to be able to use it and they won't back up an inch. Hey lady, since you're standing there in my way do you want to pay for my groceries?

Yesterday, I went in search of some more maternity shirts because it's getting too warm for all my sweaters. The only affordable ones I was finding were at Old Navy. The only Old Navy near me that has maternity clothes is at the Mall of America. OMG! I hate that place. I almost passed out waiting to pay for my stuff, and I have to weave through the crowds to get around there. People walk 5 wide and zig zag, so It's hard to get around them. And, a slow stroll would be faster than they walk! I avoid that place for a reason. Can't believe I went on a Saturday. Shame on me!

I totally get where your coming from, though. Some people instinctively will take the path that goes closest to you. Whether they are aware of that is another matter. I think a lot of people like doing little things to irritate others. It's like a kid picking at a scab. Great find on the bedding! Maybe all the irritation was for a reason. To save you $$$
I use to live in your area! Sometimes it's worth it to just go to Burnsville Center instead... especially if you are trying to shop on the weekend!

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
March 25th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
Someone needs anger management. SMH.
Yes I do! Hormones are raging!! Lol

March 26th, 2014, 03:02 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
Good find!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic