34 week appointment

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 2 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By dindin
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 12:31 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fairly uneventful appointment. Put on 1.1kgs this week and the OB asked if I'm eating enough. Asked what normal is and he said I'm right on track but the rest of my body doesn't seem to be getting anything. I think I'm eating enough with my two jumbo tacos I made for dinner last night followed by two doghnuts that were as big as my hand . Tried to get some measurements of Jellybean and he was SO stubborn! Couldn't get a decent shot of his head or tummy and got a fleeting measurement of leg. OB gave up after a while. He was in a really weird spot with his head half smooshed into his chest and into the placenta. Still breech though so if he's breech at the next appointment I will book in for a c section for May 1st at 39 weeks (that's when they do their scheduled c sections). OB asked if I was ok with that decision if it came to that and I said that I'd had enough time to get ok with the idea. If he comes before then and is breech then the OB will just come in and it'll be c section time earlier. It's kind of nice to potentially have an end date in sight but it's still a bit up in the air. I don't overly want a c section but it's nice to know when it will be if it comes to that at the same time.
Andrea1122 likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 04:57 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope Jellybean turns, but it sounds like either way, you'll find peace with the decision. I wish with my first I had notice of us having one, my feelings towards it would have been much more different and I wouldn't harbor much anger, it took a few years to come to terms with it. Mainly because mine wasn't needed.

Tacos followed by donuts?! You are pregnant
bella88 and anjewellove like this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 25th, 2014, 07:08 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
We're in the same boat, lady. I hope both of our LO's turn!
bella88 likes this.
March 25th, 2014, 07:11 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Donuts... yummy! Let's hope Jellybean turns in time.
bella88 likes this.

1/12 3/13
March 25th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
Hoping babe turns in time! At least you have time to get used to the idea of a c-section. I know thats made it so much easier to come to terms with mine. A healthy baby and Mom are all that matter in the end Good to hear your appointment went well. Besides the stubborn baby lol. I am having the same trouble you are with the "all food going to baby" thing. My tummy is getting bigger by the hour and the rest of my body is shrinking. My arms and legs and face are definately skinnier than the beginning of pregnancy. Goofy big babies sucking all the nutrition from us moms I had the same thing happen with my last LO. I just cant eat near the end of pregnancy.....
bella88 likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 01:54 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Part of me was tempted to tell him to just book it in yesterday but it's probably not the best idea to make all that many decisions while I'm in the "screw everything, I'm so done!" stage . A c section is a far cry from my whole "leave me alone so I can labour in peace wandering around with the shower and maybe gas and air" original birth plan buuuuttttt.... right now an end date is so nice lol. I'm all over the place at the moment and with the whole "Will he turn? Won't he?" back and forth I'm pretty done lol. So long as he gets here safe and sound and as least stressed as possible then that's good. Not sure he appreciates that when he wedges his head into my chest like he did all last night . I do wonder if I will freak out a bit after when it actually comes time to book it if it comes to that next appt but for now I'm as fairly chill as a grumpy pregnant beast can be. I don't think still working is helping because I don't want to be there either. I'm due for a good teary freakout, I've only had one so far .

Haha I'm hoping this cheeky, food stealing baby will help me post evacuation date when it comes to slimming back down! I'm eating enough I think but he's taking it all lol. My pre pregnancy clothes are my fat clothes so here's hoping to be in my skinny clothes in a few months time! Even though it took 12 cycles, I stuffed around the whole time with BS about that I was GOING to exercise and eat better and then didn't actally start until the cycle I got pregnant . I would love to fit in my wedding dress again.

March 26th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope the little fella turns! I read somewhere that only 1-3% of babies are breech at term so if you think of it like that the odds are still in your favor! My niece turned on her own at 36 or 37 weeks. I'm glad that you are ok with a c/s though. As of this last appointment this baby was head down so I'm hoping she states that way but you never know; I have a friend whose baby went transverse the night before she was to be induced and she ended up with a section too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search