Weekly Appointments!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By sarav
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 2 Post By acmd03
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 4 Post By peace.love.audrey
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By Panda
  • 1 Post By jmills1129
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Well I went for my 34 week appointment today, he wants me on weekly appointments now because my blood pressure has been high. Has anyone else gone through this? I think he's just monitoring me at the moment, but he told me he might put me on medication for it too. This never happened with my first pregnancy it makes me nervous!

March 25th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
I've got the opposite problem of low blood pressure. Wish I could help. I just have to monitor mine for now.
Kellylovesricky likes this.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 25th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
I had borderline high blood pressure from beginning of dec until about 6 weeks ago. It was usually right on 130/80. The dr told me to start taking epsom salt baths everynight and taking a magnesium citrate drink every night as well and my bp dropped to between 120/70-125/75. Both are really calming. Not a huge drop but enough that the dr isnt so worried. He said that since Ive been eating tums like candy I probably had too much calcium and not enough magnesium so it messed with me a bit. It sounds like your dr is just being cautious. How high was your bp? I know at my clinic they start weekly appts at between 34-36 weeks so that doesnt sound too far off.....

March 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM
2 weeks ago mine wast 151/90 and this morning it was 153/93. He's definitely being cautious which I like... I'm just worried because I've never had blood pressure issues!

March 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I started weekly appts at 34 weeks, too, just as their standard practice. I have chronic high blood pressure and am on medication, but it still always goes up during the last couple months of pregnancy for me. Along with what was suggested above, if you have access to a blood pressure monitor, you might try checking it yourself at home. Mine is often higher at the office than at home, so they don't worry about it too much. Also, try laying on your left side as much as you can when resting. Don't get too nervous about it. Most likely it's just running a bit high and everything will turn out fine. I know it's scary, but with you and your dr. keeping a close eye on it, they'll catch it if anything is really off.

March 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had never had blood pressure issues ever until my first pregnancy. At the end of it my blood pressure took off and was very high. My OB gave me medication to take for it but I was scared it was not going to be good for baby either and didnt take it. (I am not saying that was a good decision) I ended up being induced at 38 weeks because it was high. As soon as baby was born my blood pressure went back to normal.

This time round I was fully expecting it to be high again. It was high in the beginning but in January I got a major talking to about what I was eating and had to change my diet. You are supposed to eat protien with every meal and snack. Also make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins still because the magnesium in them is helpful. Also I was told to have an epsom salts bath every day, the magnesium is absorbed through your skin and lows your blood pressure. The midwife told me to go swimming as much as possible as well but I have failed hugely on that one

Since January I cut out all fast food, try to eat as much protien as possible, started taking my vitamins every day AND I have a bath with the salts everyday. It worked. My blood pressure is lower now than it was back in November.

The mid wife told me the bottom number on the blood pressure HAS to be under 90. If its over 90 its considered high and I will most likely ended up being induced at 38 weeks again. Which I want to avoid at all costs. Currently mine is usually in the low 80s.

Last edited by Nel; March 25th, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
March 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the awesome advice girls! I try to watch what I eat, but I've been slightly addicted to milk shakes at the moment LOL. I'm going to try the epsom salt for sure! I told my dr that my bp was high because the parking at the hospital sucks..he wasn't buying it LOL

March 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Do they give you a chance to relax and check it again? Cause I hate when they call you from the waiting room, weigh you, bring you back to the room and have you get your pregnant @ss up on the table and immediately check your pressure....it's going to be either higher or lower than normal especially if you had been sitting in the waiting room for awhile. Most of us are carrying around more weight that our bodies aren't used to and any amount of spontaneous activity will alter our vital signs. The last time I made them recheck it at the end of my aappointment and it went from like 135/82 (high for me) to 112/63.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I'm surprised he didn't put you on bedrest:/ I had always had low b/p until the end of my first pg when it spiked up. I was put on bedrest at 34 weeks and induced at 38. The bedrest kept it in a reasonably "safe" range until we though it was safe to induce. My OB doesn't do b/p meds during pregnancy unless she has no other choice and you have exhausted all other options.

This pg my b/p started out fairly high (120ish over 80ish) and has spike up to 140ish over 95ish a few times. So far it always goes down if I lay down for a couple of hours so we are just monitoring it. I have a b/p monitor at home and check it daily.

Don't freak out at this point but it might be a good idea to start checking your b/p at home just to keep an eye on it.

March 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I'm scared to death he would say bedrest! I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation... I was in the waiting room for around 15 minutes then they brought me back weighed me and took my bp directly after.

March 25th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine was higher at my last appt at 145/90 and went down to 135/80or 90 after my nst which is crazy for me but since I have an appt Thursday we are going to see what it is then and go from there hope both of our blood pressures clear up!

March 25th, 2014, 04:40 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have low BP, but not concerning, its always been low. anyhow I have one more monthly appointment, which is 36 weeks, then will go in again at 38, then move to weekly, because my pregnancy has been uneventful. my bp is normally 90-100/60 and A "normal" BP is 120/80.. but like I said my BP has always been that low.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
March 26th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a few random high blood pressures while pregnant with DD. They were caused by a combination of white coat hypertension and hauling my pregnant *** up two flights of stairs directly before getting it measured. I stopped walking to my appointments and started using the elevator and they were fine after that. I'm willing to bet everything will be fine since you didn't have bp issues with your first (I've looked into this and while pre-e/bp issues aren't super uncommon with FTMs they are much less so in subsequent pregnancies if you had no issues in your first). Fingers crossed everything checks out ok at your next appointment!

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; March 26th, 2014 at 04:00 AM.
March 26th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I hope by your next appt your BP will go down. Take it easy till then!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search