cry.....huge vent

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013
  • 2 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
I had to bring DD back into the doctor again today. The last week shes been waking up repeatedly at night coughing so hard tears stream down her cheeks. Then after a few minutes she start gagging and gasping for air. Her asthma inhalers aren't working...she bawls afterwards because shes just so scared. But the daytime she does pretty well now. Well....whats going on?! So back in she went today and the doctor sent her back to the hospital for more chest xrays and tests. Long story short she has bad reflux and the fluids are ending up in her lungs. Today is her last day at daycare since they have no room for her next month and its supposed to be a FUN day. When I dropped her back off she was in tears again she was so sad. I want a healthy 6 year old who runs and plays and has fun....she shouldnt have to worry about multiple medications, being in constant pain, and worrying about upcoming surgery. Shes puffy because of all the steroids shes on and worried about none of her clothes fitting. Some kids are picking on her about it. This is all so unfair.

To top it all off everyone has been asking me today if Im excited about baby coming soon. I just want to say NO! Yeah I feel like a horrible person and a terrible parent but I want one child to be at least marginally healthy before this one arrives. I want to be excited but Im tired, scared for DD, and preoccupied. Im worried sick that this baby will be sick too. And I'm worried that she will be perfectly healthy and DD will always have massive health problems. I feel like that makes me a horrible person. Im also worried that all the attention will be on DD and the new baby will constantly be dragged to hospitals and appointments. I really want this baby but is this fair to either of my kids?? Maybe Im emotional and whiny because Im pregnant I have no idea...Im just so tired of my little girl being sick all the time

Sorry for the vent guys.....even if nobody reads it I feel a bit better. I would never be able to admit this to anyone else. I feel terrible.

March 25th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I'm sorry. My daughter doesn't have medical issues, but she is only 14 months, and I worry she won't get enough attention either. I think as parents there is always something to worry about, and we just do the best we can.
Nel likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
March 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor poor baby. Aren't you waiting on surgery for her (I'm having a pregnancy moment on which one)? It seems no fair at all for her to be so sick and miserable. I can imagine how you feel- I don't even want to have my baby right this second just because *i* don't feel great so it would be a million times worse if it was one of my other babies. Sending hugs and I hope they get it all figured out soon.
March 25th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs girl!! Take a deep breath and a warm bath and try to relax. You just sound terribly overwhelmed at the moment and pregnancy hormones make everything seem worse than it is Everything will be fine. It may take a little time but it sounds like you are really on the right path to helping your daughter feel much better! Once you get her meds straight and she gets her surgery you will be amazed at how quickly she bounces back.

March 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
My family has a lot of medical problems. It was a struggle for me to want to be a mom while knowing what issues I would pass along. In the end, I chose to be a mom. Who else in the world could recognize and handle the potential health problems?I'm sorry you and dd are going through this. Just remember, she will draw strength from you.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

March 25th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Just keep breathing.
Sending you big hugs. You're a great mom, and doing the best you possibly can. In sickness or health your kids will love and support eachother and learn so much from eachother, and mostly from you about love and caring. I truly hope your little girl gets some help soon.
March 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. I do actually feel a lot better getting it out there and totally venting. Ellie is headed for surgery in 3 weeks so I'm really really hoping it helps her out. Haha Joanna I think you might be right....pregnancy hormones are making this a lot harder than it normally is. Shes been sick since the day she was born but it just seems so much harder right now. Hormones...blah..... The good news is shes in the best mood ever right now (even though the monkey should be sleeping lol). The doctor told us to prop the head of her bed way up so everything stays in her tummy hopefully. She told me its like "sleeping on a slide". Its nice to see her so happy about something. Her being happy made me feel happy. Kids are amazing little critters....
joanna26 and MrsPalumbo like this.

March 26th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I could have written most of this post myself! I have a lot of the same emotions because of DD's recent diabetes diagnosis. I am not nearly as excited for this baby as I was before her diagnosis and I'm worried beyond belief that this baby will have health issues as well. I wish I could be more excited but I think that when you have one child that has health problems you are more wary that other things that can go wrong...it's easier to have that "This won't happen to us" attitude if your kids are in perfect health. Expecting a new baby is a huge change and is overwhelming in and of itself, adding health issues of another family member on top of that makes it really stressful. Plus both you and I have more "high risk" deliveries based on our health history...that is something else I worry about! If misery loves company, I'm right there with you
Ellies_mom likes this.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; March 26th, 2014 at 04:16 AM.
March 26th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this I agree pregnancy hormones make every thing seem worse than they are so hang in there mama! I'll be praying for your little girl.

March 26th, 2014, 06:22 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I can't imagine the pain and frustration of having a sick child. I'm sorry you are so overwhelmed. Kids are incredibly resilient though -- it sounds like she is such a trooper!
March 26th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Veteran
Sorry you are going through this. Other than following the DR's advice all you can do is be her mom. Give her love. Comfort her. That means the world and will stick with her for the rest of her life. There is nothing like a mother's love and knowing that she would do anything to take the pain away if she could. Your daughter will be a VERY strong person from going through all this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search