UPDATED Post 11 - Clot? Bloody show? FREAKING OUT?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By christyloo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Has anybody else experienced this? Calm me down. !!!

I'll be 34 weeks along tomorrow. Baby is active and last growth check she is 47% percentile for size.

No bleeding issues or health issues whatsoever this pregnancy (or with any of my prior pregnancies.) Tonight I was eating dinner and decided to use the restroom. Peed, wiped and noticed a clot about the size of a dime, maybe? on the TP. Didn't think to save it and threw it in the toilet, but wiped again and there was just very light pink tinged stuff. When I went to the restroom again about 30 minutes later there was still light pink tinge. Less than before, but definitely still there.

Baby feels fine and I got her heartbeat on doppler. Calling my doc in the morning unless bleeding actually ramps up (doubtful). But in the meantime, has anybody else experienced this?

Last edited by christyloo; March 26th, 2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Updating title after dr. visit.
March 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't personally, but have heard of women losing parts of their mucous plug and it regenerating, if that makes sense, as long as baby is still active and you are getting a strong HB on the dropper I wouldn't worry, but still call the DR. In the morning

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
March 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've lost bits of plug off and on since about half way but never with blood. If there's blood then I think it would be best to call in and tell them what happened. They may say come in and get checked if you're stilp getting spotting. Hope all is well
christyloo likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Just keep breathing.
You know, if it were me I'd probably call in, just for peace of mind.
christyloo likes this.
March 25th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
I bleed often with this baby and its always bright red and scary as heck. But Its been since day one and the doctor totally knows about it so its a bit different....I agree...... I would definitely phone in or get checked otherwise you'll be worried all night long. Talking to someone will help you get piece of mind for sure.

March 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds scary I would call in to see what dr says I have lost pieces of mucus plug (even some blood tinged) but not a clot before.

March 26th, 2014, 04:54 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes! Although my clots were smaller (like the size of sunflower seeds out of the shell) and there was a few of them. I called the hospital and they had me go in just to double check everything. It ended up being nothing and my bleeding (the pink tinge) went away the next day. And I haven't had any clots aside from that one wipe. They said it could be my mucus plug.
I went in more for peace of mind since it wasn't a worrisome amount of blood. But on all my hospital stuff, they say to call even if it's pink tinged, just in case.
March 26th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Thanks ladies! I put in a call to my Dr office this morning and will wait for a return call when they open up shortly... my next scheduled appointment is Friday April 4 so hopefully they will want to see me before then just to be safe. I am feeling okay but a bit anxious, of course I didn't get the best sleep! I still have some vaguely tinged stuff when I wipe but no other weird signs. I guess this was a wake-up call for me to get myself registered at the hospital which I finally did online last night (seriously, I am in complete denial about this baby...) I'm so entirely unprepared, I don't even know which floor of the hospital is L+D. Will update if I get any news. My first two babies came at least a week after EDD so I'd be shocked if I had this one early.
bella88 likes this.
March 26th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Definitely keep us posted! !

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
March 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I lost bits of my plug a few weeks back and I have had bloody show after sex (twice.) Dr said sex can irritate a sensitive cervix, plus, I have polyps on my cervix. As long as it's not a flow, I wouldn't worry.

Last edited by StilettoGirlMama; March 26th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.
March 26th, 2014, 06:05 PM
My Dr. wanted me to come in today, asap, for an ultrasound (yay to both regular and transvaginal in one day!) and an NST *and* a "digital" internal check.

Ultrasounds were good, baby looks great, weighing around 5 lbs, in proper position, lots of movement.
NST was boring but uneventful, it didn't appear that I was having any contractions.

BUT - after my dr. did the internal check he said cervix is starting to thin out and open up a little and it's too early for that (I'm exactly 34 weeks today.) Still had some pink mucus when he checked me. I'm on modified pelvic rest due to "threatened early labor" or something like that. No sex, no lifting, take it easy, if things continue to progress it will be FULL bedrest.

I got a shot of burning steroids in my bum and I go back tomorrow for the second shot of steroids. Hopefully these will help baby's lungs if she still intends to make an early appearance. Sooooo..... definitely a wake-up call for me and my family. I'm very stressed but trying to remain calm. Thanks for reading and for all the replies, ladies! I appreciate it greatly.
March 26th, 2014, 06:20 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for updating! Paid off to go in, at least you onow what's going on. I guess it's potentially only 3 weeks until full term, which is kinda scary in itself. Glad baby looked all good and everything else was uneventful! From 34 weeks on they usually say that things are pretty awesome outcome wise if they come early. Hope baby stays put though! I've heard those steroid shots suck so hard, your poor butt!

March 26th, 2014, 06:35 PM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
eek. Glad you are being looked after well. Bake little baby ..bake and don't come early!

1/12 3/13
March 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
So happy you called and went in Take it easy mama, and keep us updated on how you are doing.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search