Short L&D Trip!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By Newmama14
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Well after my doctor appointment Tuesday and him being slightly worried about my BP, he asked me to call him if I started getting headaches or blurred vision. Yesterday on my way to pick up Mikey as I was pulling up at his school I suddenly started seeing spots and almost immediately started vomiting. It was awful, but I felt better almost instantly. I got home and thought about calling the office, but since it was after hours and I was feeling ok I figured I would wait for today. A few hours went by and I ended up getting these awful pains under my ribs, I actually started to cry they hurt so bad!!! Then just as quickly as they came on they left and again I was feeling fine.

So I went to work today, I planned to call my OB and just let him know what was up. A few haircuts in I just started to feel horrible. somewhat lightheaded, sick to my stomach... it was bad. I ordered some food because I figured I just needed to eat. I got a break and before I could start eating I started seeing the floaters and spots again and thought I was going to throw up! I ran to the bathroom and started vomiting again. I felt better after and went back and slowly tried to eat. I texted my husband and he told me to call my OB and tell him. Well of course they wanted to see me right away. I had 1 final haircut to do, so I told them I would be there as soon as I could.

I got over to the office and they took my BP it was 141/101. My OB came in, asked me what had happened and told me he was sending me for some monitoring at L&D. I was shocked I tell you. I thought he might tell me to take it easy or give me a prescription, but no.. he had his nurse walk me over there!

They hooked me up and my BP was 146/85 and it just continued to fluctuate while I was on the monitor.

They ran some blood work and said it was normal, but diagnosed me with mild preeclampsia. So far no official bed rest, they just told me to take it easy and go with how I feel at the moment. I go back to my OB on Tuesday, so we will follow up then and see what will happen from here on out.

So scary... I feel like its mostly just work stress, but of course I want to be careful!

I have joked this whole pregnancy how great everything has been.. how easy and smooth vs my constant sickness with my son. My pregnancy with him was horrible, but my delivery was awesome. I figured since this one has gone so smooth the labor with probably kill me... we'll see hahaha!

March 28th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im glad it came down and you arent too bad off. You gotta start doing everything you can to keep it down now. Keep that baby in there till 38 weeks
Kellylovesricky likes this.

March 30th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Super Mommy
Oh no! Im sorry to hear that youre having a tough time....Ill be thinking about you and hoping that bp behaves so baby can keep baking. Blood pressure issues seem scary.

March 30th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Take it easy girl!

March 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Veteran
Good luck keeping your blood pressure under control! Take it easy!
March 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I hope your bp stays down! I'm always scared of being sent to the hospital from an appt. too! Hope you are able to take it easy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search