Losing my mucus plug...

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mommy2b43
  • 2 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2014, 02:07 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had to move up my appointment today because I woke up to bloody discharge (mostly brown) and low fetal movement. At first I couldn't figure out what it was because it was just discharge- no mucus or anything but by the time I went to leave my sample at the Doctors office- there was mucus. So, he checked me and I'm not dilated much- 1 1/2 cm but am definitely losing my plug. Doctor says since I'm past 36 weeks he won't stop labor. I'm putting myself on rest for now so I'll be lying down a lot and just hoping he stays in until after my hair appointment on Thursday

With my first, I lost my plug and my water broke 3 days later! Hopefully that doesn't happen...
March 31st, 2014, 02:12 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha trying to beat CAMM are you Hope he's nice and waits until after Thursday! Of course it could be weeks yet but who knows. It's good that you're far enough along that the doc isn't worried either way . Lol if you follow the same pattern as with number 1 maybe your water will break AT the hair appointment . Now that wouldbe an amusing story later!

March 31st, 2014, 02:27 PM
Haha omg I hope not! I'm totally content to wait. One of my first thoughts this morning was- crap it's march- I want an April baby. I had considered the possibility of a May baby but definitely not march lol. It's hard to say what's going to happen because it could be weeks...I've never made it to 39 weeks though so it's doubtful with all this preterm activity I'll make it to my due date. For some reason I thought he was going to be a late baby so this is an adjustment!!
bella88 likes this.
March 31st, 2014, 04:02 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Keep on cooking baby!! Glad you're resting... but its so exciting that our times are almost here!!

March 31st, 2014, 06:43 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Rest rest rest and bake that baby a few more weeks!!!!! I think I lost some of my plug last night, but it was clear not bloody. It's weird for me to, I don't ever remember losing mine with my others..

March 31st, 2014, 07:09 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell that cheeky baby to bake a bit longer! It's April here so you guys should catch up already . NO MARCH BABIES!! I've been losing parts of mine off and on for ages but never with blood and not the whole thing. Apparently it's pretty normal. I'd think that something might actually be going on dilation wise when blood is present and that it's just boring old replacing itself when there's not. Looks pretty freakin gross though! Scared the heck out of me the first few times but luckily nothing has happened so far. I know for me personally there's a bit more plug coming out a bit more often as it gets closer to date but it's probably just because the boy tries to kick out my cervix most days .

March 31st, 2014, 07:24 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
bake, baby, bake! I hope you get lots of rest

March 31st, 2014, 08:03 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Ohh maybe you and CAMM will go in at the same time!

April 1st, 2014, 06:55 AM
Well, I contracted all night long but just ignored it and went back to sleep (I'm determined to make it til after Thursday darn it)...I'm at least resigned that if he wants to come early, he'll come early, and be okay since my doctor pretty much said as much. Hoping the contractions calm down now that it's day time- I know mine usually rev up at night when it gets close to time...but I've never thought of 36 weeks as "close!!!"
April 1st, 2014, 07:50 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Ahh that's exciting!! Are you all ready?!
April 1st, 2014, 09:20 AM
Nope! Lol but with all the complications I've been having it's been hard to get much done! I came downstairs this morning and aost started crying because my house is such a mess- it's always depressing when I go to lie down at night and come downstairs and it's worse!!! I do have the hospital bags mostly packed (I think I'm missing a few things that I thought I had and don't- like razors- grr.) and his newborn clothes and most of his 0-3 are packed. I wonder if he comes now- if he'll fit into anything???? My first was 8 lbs at 38 weeks but my second was only 7 lbs so I'm guessing he's only 5-6 lbs right now!! The one thing I *really* wanted done was his snuggy- I worked on half of it last night and the rest just involves me sitting at my sewing machine so I may work on that here in a while. I have a feeling we're bringing baby home to a messy house though and none of my baby accessories (swing, bouncy seat, pack n play) are up and ready for him.
Kellylovesricky likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search