Man nesting

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Londons Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Cervix Cramps Suck
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By acmd03
  • 1 Post By anjewellove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hehe DH has been man nesting. He's moving everything around as well as setting up a new man cave in another room. Why? I dunno but if it makes him happy then whatevs lol. I know he's been thinking about doing it for ages but suddenly it's go time to do it lol. Yesterday he went to the hardware store and bought a heap of wood and stuff and has started building himself a work bench. It is mostly done and looks pretty darn good actually! His man nesting is making up for my extreme sloth . Anyone else's DH getting busy around the house?

April 19th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Ugh. My husband reorganizes and moves **** aroun every weekend. Whether I am pregnant or not.
bella88 likes this.

Scarlett Diane

April 19th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Regular
Mine got up and started to put baby things together. We went the babies r us and he bought a whole bunch of stuff because she needed it, and he'll be moving furniture tomorrow, and laying tile.
bella88 likes this.
April 19th, 2014, 08:57 PM
All our baby stuff has been done for a while and, with all this stop and start contractions and stuff, I think DH is getting a bit fidgety and is looking for something to do.

April 20th, 2014, 05:17 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Me too, Bella! DH says he has so much nervous energy he just has to clean and do projects. He cleaned baseboards, window sills, you name it. Basically stuff I can't do

Since I made it to 37 weeks, I'm allowing myself to do all of that stuff now! No holds barred - if cleaning helps baby come than so be it!
bella88 likes this.
April 20th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL when I was pg with DS and my OB told him we would induce in one week I swear he went into freak out mode and tried to finish 100 projects in that week plus do things like revamp our life insurance, etc, etc. Given that I had been on bedrest for weeks at that point it seriously cracked me up! This time around he hit nesting early and spent the last few weeks frantically working down his "list" of things that needed to be done before baby comes. Its kind of cute!
bella88 likes this.

April 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Hehehe glad it's not just my DH. Man nesting is adorable!

April 20th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah my man too. Its great!! All of our spring outside stuff is done. Normally it takes a couple months to finish. We have an acre of high maintenance yard. Hes finished renos inside the house...even taken every door off the hinges and planed them down a bit so they close without making any noise. Its GREAT!!.......but I feel like such a slacker. My idea of getting stuff done is cleaning one room..or doing one load of laundry. Hes making me feel so bad lmao!
bella88 likes this.

April 20th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellies_mom View Post
Yeah my man too. Its great!! All of our spring outside stuff is done. Normally it takes a couple months to finish. We have an acre of high maintenance yard. Hes finished renos inside the house...even taken every door off the hinges and planed them down a bit so they close without making any noise. Its GREAT!!.......but I feel like such a slacker. My idea of getting stuff done is cleaning one room..or doing one load of laundry. Hes making me feel so bad lmao!
Hahaha this ^^^I did a load of washing yesterday and cleaned the toilet (granted I did the walls and all that too) and then spent a few hours after that taking a nap.. the washing is still on the line this morning . So by did the washing I mean I hung the load out and forgot about it lol. At least I took in the other day's washing and put that away! Sounds a little less slack that way. DH carried the basket in for me though .

ETA: This was me on a productive day . I don't usually get that much done. Except for Monday, ost of my days have been appointments or eating and snoozing .

Last edited by bella88; April 20th, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
April 20th, 2014, 04:37 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Oh, yes, mine has been on a roll the last week or so! I don't feel bad letting him do all he wants because I got all my big projects done before I hit 37 weeks and I still keep up with the laundry, so I figure I'm doing my part I love when he gets fired up about getting things in order, it's so cute!
bella88 likes this.

April 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope. My DH is helping with my nesting though.

After we got back from our babymoon this week we had a carpet cleaner come steam clean the whole house. While the guy was inside we were outside mowing/weed wacking and getting the yards summer ready.

We brought the boys new beds in from the garage so we could move a ton of chunk from the house into the garage.

I put the pack'n'play up in the family room.

This week I plan on making my hospital gown, moving the crib to my side of the bed, buying my diaper bag, packing the hospital bag and building the boys beds & closet organizer....lots to do.
bella88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search