38 week appointment: extra fun today!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 11:05 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jellybean is another week bigger so he's a big boofy boy and nearly all of him measures full term now. Got a bit teary at the appointment from feeling done but I feel better that he said it's ok to cry in the office and a lady was sobbing in there this morning lol. Good fun came when it was time to take blood pressure. Got suss on it when he took it twice in a row then said "aaaaaand one more time". I think in the past the highest it's ever been is around120/70 or less but yay it was 140/95 today! No wonder I feel like crap. Got sent off for urgent pre eclampsia bloodwork straight away that is due to get to the docs about now. Going to get a call if the bloodwork is yucky and I'll have to go back in. Fun in the sun! Never a dull moment with this baby making rubbish lol.

April 22nd, 2014, 01:44 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww that sucks. My blood pressure spiked a little at the end of my pregnancy this time too. It took forever to go back down after I had him too bit finally did. Pre-e is relatively common though. I hope your bloodwork comes back normal!!
April 22nd, 2014, 01:49 AM
Results came back with protein in my urine so pre e it is. Lol I was paranoid enough already! Joking aside, I'm scared for Jellybean. I have to go back to the hospital on thursday for more bloodwork, urine tests and blood pressure check. I hope they take him out that day. I don't want him in there any more if things are yucky.

April 22nd, 2014, 02:21 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
**lurking**thinking of you Everything will be ok!!
bella88 likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 22nd, 2014, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) Maybe we will both end up having our babies on the 24th after all, eh? Sorry that you might because of pre-e though :/ I would totally want to have the baby then too rather than waiting. Good news is that you're full term and on Thursday you'll be 38 weeks so taking him then shouldn't be a problem and you were going to have a section anyway so if they need to get him out fast you are already mentally prepared for that.

ETA: It's also probably a good thing he's on the big side I'm pretty sure this baby will be bigger than average for 38 weeks gestation...Based on my last u/s she should be a good 7.5lbs or so but I won't be surprised if she is even bigger than that.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; April 22nd, 2014 at 05:36 AM.
April 22nd, 2014, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs girl! Pre-E (while a PITA) is very common and with proper care you and baby will be just fine. I'm guessing there wasn't much protein since they aren't having you come back until Thursday which is good. If there was a ton you would be having baby right now Try to relax and not stress!
WaitinginNJ likes this.

April 22nd, 2014, 07:31 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Yuck indeed. Sending good thoughts your way

1/12 3/13
April 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((hugs))) I am sorry you have the Pre E...hope you feel better soon and fx for Thursday!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
April 22nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Aw geeze, that's sucky news. I hope they do induce you earlier!
April 22nd, 2014, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Thats crappy news...but I agree with everyone above. You're full term - you made it!! You and baby will be totally fine. Try to relax and dont worry. You may just get to meet your LO sooner than you thought!

April 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I developed pre-e suddenly like this with my son, it's a first time mom thing to get it that way. It is a bit scary but take it easy and hope you go into labor asap! If things get bad very fast you may be induced but like other's mentioned, pre-e is pretty common and can be managed in a hospital setting very well. And the good news is that having your baby is the cure!!! So when he does come, not only do you get awesome baby snuggles, you also get to feel healthy again. They will probably have you do a 24hrs urine collection before (if) they induce you though, so be ready for that jug in your fridge...

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

April 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
It was the suddenness that freaked me out the most I think. One week blood pressure is perfect as always and next it's sucky and there's protein too. At least with the breech thing there was weeks of warning and it doesn't feel like a big deal at all. Prob doesn't help that I found out over the phone late on a Tuesday arvo and then it's come in on a Thursday before we even open so you can get tests done asap . I know you are all right in that if it was bad then I would be in there already. Surely it must be quite mild right now and the OB did all those reflex type tests and they all seemed ok at the moment. I am hoping so much that they do the section a week early on Thursday, then I'll feel better. It's only a week and he's a big boy already. I hate knowing that there's something going on that can lessen all the stuff he should be getting and it brought all those nasty dreams I was having a few weeks ago about him dying in my belly right on back. Lol apparently I have a flair for the dramatic . 24 hour test doesn't bum me out too much, I did one to test before getting pregnant. The big bulky seat that they had me pee in to tip in the jug was a load of fun though . I'm honestly not worried about me at all with the whole pre e thing, just the little guy. Surely we'll be ok though . Thanks for the support ladies

April 22nd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It might be worth bringing your anxiety up to your doc...I have anxiety at the end too and I'm sure that's not good for the baby either. After I explained this to the doctor she understood and gladly scheduled me for Thursday as opposed to the following Tuesday. Now that you do have a condition that can be quite serious it is even more understandable why you would be worried.
bella88 likes this.

April 22nd, 2014, 03:56 PM
It.couldn't hurt to speak up. I was already getting teary and sooking about being over it at the docs yesterday, never mind now lol.

April 22nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran
Try not to worry too much. I'm sure the little guy is fine. At least you'll have a few days to mentally prepare for his possible arrival. Best of luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search