Went to L&D but sent home

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By RedSoxFan84

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
So here I sit, stuck in "early active labor" as the midwife called it and hoping that things pick up today.

I went in to L&D around midnight after following the 5-1-1 rule for over an hour. I had a TON of bloody show at home and more at the hospital when they first checked me. I'm stuck at 3.5 cm, 70% effaced, -1. I walked for about an hour and although I still had consistent contractions, they didn't result in a change when checked again.

Midwife said she doesn't want me stuck in prodromal labor for more than another day or 2, so I'm not sure what they'll do if this keeps up.

The bloody show thing really threw me last night --there was so much of it!
April 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man that sucks... I hope things pick up for you!!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
April 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well yay for getting close to active labor I guess I know its hard girl but try to relax. Getting tense/anxious is the worst thing for moving labor along. Hugs! Hang in there. Hopefully things kick up a notch soon!!

April 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
I am so tired I don't think I can even fit in anxiousness right now. Going to go back to sleep for awhile. It's a rainy day here, perfect for putting on my out of office message and passing out.
April 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's probably the best thing you can do! Rest up for the big show

April 22nd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Super Mommy
Thinking of you sweetie! Praying it isn't much longer!!!
christyloo likes this.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

April 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
Why dont they want you to stay in prodromal labor? I was told it doesnt actually hurt baby at all. I was in it for 6 days with Ellie before I was induced (for different reasons) and this one Im on day 4 so far. My dr thinks its a good thing since you go in dilated a lot more than regular so labor is usually quicker he says. They are keeping a really close eye on baby now so maybe it can stress them out?

Hoping things pick up for you soon. I can honestly say what you're going through is straight misery. Try taking a tylenol and gravol and sleeping as much off as you can. That was the best advice I got from the nurses.

April 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats pretty exciting That means baby is on the way.

I agree.. .sleep as much as you can! You dont want to go into labor on no sleep.

April 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you're dealing with prodromal labor like this :/ I really hated it! Sounds like your baby will be here soon though!

April 22nd, 2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellies_mom View Post
Why dont they want you to stay in prodromal labor?
I think it's a combination of stressing the baby and the fact that I'm only 37 weeks so I could be at this for a long time. I'm not exactly sure. I was too exhausted last night to ask them to elaborate :/

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about work. I've been "working from home" although I'm not really putting in a full 8.
April 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
I think it's a combination of stressing the baby and the fact that I'm only 37 weeks so I could be at this for a long time. I'm not exactly sure. I was too exhausted last night to ask them to elaborate :/

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about work. I've been "working from home" although I'm not really putting in a full 8.
Girl, time to start maternity leave!! I really don't think you will be at this for long with what you are describing. It's one thing to have timeable contractions every night for weeks (have a friend that had contractions/lost mucus plug for a couple weeks before having her twins at 38 something weeks) but having bloody show usually means labor is pretty imminent.

April 22nd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Veteran
Hang in there. I bet it will progress along soon and baby will be here. Good luck with everything.
April 22nd, 2014, 05:02 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you see some progress soon! What a bugger to be sitting there juuuuust on the edge. I'm glad they don't want to make you do that for too long. That would suck. Good luck and hope there's baby news soon!

April 22nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
How are you doing now??
anjewellove likes this.

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search