Oh nooo!!!!!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
Ellie took a major turn for the worse yesterday. She still hasnt eaten much since last tuesday...maybe half an applesauce here or there and a bit of ice cream but now she cant drink much and is in so much pain on one side of her throat. She was crying all day yesterday and up all last night. The tylenol isnt doing anything and Im getting super stressed out. Which sucks because......

my contractions picked up majorly again last night and theyre not going away this time. Ellies dr is 2 hours away and I dont have anyone to go with me so Im really nervous. Not full labor yet but its dang close. Thankfully, once again Ill be at the hospital but not exactly the time or way I want to have a baby!!

Send me super good luck for my adventures today! Hopefully I have nothing to update tonight lol. I do have a drs appt before I go so Im going to get the dr to check me and make sure Ill make it that far!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

April 22nd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How many days post-op is she? It is very typical for things to seem worse around day 7ish? (going from memory here). I remember when DH had the same surgery and his doctor warned him about that. Hopefully she feels much better soon!

April 22nd, 2014, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope she is ok and this is just normal for the surgery like Joanna said! Hope your labor pains stop too!

April 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Super Mommy
Shes on day 7 right now. Im hoping its the same thing but the one side of her throat is bleeding and oozing now and just uber sore. She has an appt on thursday but I figure its better to get her checked now rather than wait. The staying up all night is killing me.

April 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the scabs on that side came off Poor baby! I know kids generally have an easier time than adults but that surgery was rough on DH. He didn't eat anything resembling food for weeks and would only drink just enough to keep himself out of the ER.

April 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna26 View Post
Sounds like the scabs on that side came off Poor baby! I know kids generally have an easier time than adults but that surgery was rough on DH. He didn't eat anything resembling food for weeks and would only drink just enough to keep himself out of the ER.
Im hating the "its just tonsil/adenoid surgery. Kids do great" speech everyones been giving me for weeks. Its not an easy surgery and it hurts! Its horrid to watch your kiddo go through this. Shes been the same way. Her main nutrition comes from 1/2 a boost drink a day. Shes already lost a ton of weight....some days you definately have to toss up whether or not they need to be admitted.

April 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH was 30 when he had his and I remember literally standing there with a drink saying you have to either drink something or I am taking you to the ER every.single.day for a while. He lost 40 lbs in a month:/ I think it is a much rougher surgery than a lot of people realize.

April 22nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that sounds miserable. I hate when people brush off what you're going through- no matter what it is. I hope she feels better soon and you can stave off labor until she's further along in her recovery. Sending prayers and hugs! Hang in there- hopefully you're in the home stretch!
April 22nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I'm sorry she's feeling bad! Hoping all works out for you both!

April 22nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh man that sounds so stressful. I hope she starts to feel better.

April 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, poor girl! Hope she turns the corner and feels much better very soon. And hope her sister stays put until she's on the mend! Do you have good help with all this? It's a lot for one mama.
April 22nd, 2014, 03:29 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry she is having such a hard time. I hope it is just typical recovery problems, and that she starts moving forward from here. I don't know anyone who has had the surgery, but I do know that many surgeries that were considered common are looked at like they are no big deal now. I'm hoping all went well today.
April 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Any update? How are you doing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search