Induction Scheduled, feeling conflicted…and ramble, ramble

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 208mama
  • 1 Post By RedSoxFan84
  • 1 Post By PointDefiance
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 10:46 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
I was induced with my previous pregnancies and had super easy, smooth, quick, perfect labors. I am feeling so conflicted this time around. I scheduled my induction for 4/28. I will be 39w2d. If I am not a 3 by Friday they said they can use a foley balloon to dilate me which I am going to refuse. If I am a 3, I will feel like my body is closer to a natural labor and go ahead with the pitocin.

I know that other people's schedules don't matter in this case, but I feel pressure because my mom miraculously got her request for the week of the 28th off, and DH has also scheduled that entire week off.

This is purely elective. Right now I am feeling pretty comfortable and content. I feel better now than I did weeks ago, and feel like I do have another 3 weeks in me. I don't have any signs of labor starting anytime soon aside from 60% effacement, being dilated to a 1 as of last Friday, and having baby at +1…

Arghhh. I am so extremely anxious to have my baby and feel great having a set date in sight. I see a lot of you ladies going crazy at the unknown, and know that having this date set is the only thing keeping me from being right there with you! But the babies well-being is obviously the most important factor for all of us. Sometimes I feel silly because we are all RIGHT THERE. We have all made it this far and these last few days/weeks are suddenly agony!! What's another 3 weeks, riiiight? ;p

We really are there!! I used to obsessively check the DDC that was currently having babies, and well… here we are!!

ETA: What's another 3 weeks for those here like me, who are not in pain or experiencing false labors… I can only imagine what that must feel like. No disrespect to you mamas!
anjewellove likes this.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Isla Elizabeth - 4/28/14

Last edited by 208mama; April 22nd, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
April 22nd, 2014, 11:54 AM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
I thought I would never go for an elective induction, but getting closer and closer, I would consider it. My biggest worry would be ending up in a c-section, but since you were induced with your other children and they went well, I would definitely go for it! It must be nice knowing there is an end in sight!
208mama likes this.

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
April 22nd, 2014, 12:24 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I was offered an elective induction for the end g next week, I'm frustrated because I've been at a 1 and 50% for two weeks with contractions every day and tons of pain. It's not my idea, it was actually suggested by my doctor.

If I wasn't in pain I wouldn't be considering the induction unless I was over 40 weeks and having a large baby

To each their own. I know some ladies that were fine until 42.5 weeks - every pregnancy and situation is different. There is no right or wrong answer, it's up to u mama
208mama likes this.
April 22nd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Just keep breathing.
It sounds like you have a good plan and good care- and with 3 other little ones, by all means, schedule what you can schedule when you know you'll have the help. I agree, there's no right or wrong.
208mama likes this.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
You ladies really put me at ease a bit. I appreciate the input - thank you

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Isla Elizabeth - 4/28/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search