Belly button pain?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 2 Post By joanna26
  • 2 Post By AlaskaMom
  • 1 Post By irish bells

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Veteran
First, I just have to say I have been so busy lately I can't get on here as much as I want. Holy babies! They are coming out left and right! Congrats to everyone who has a new bundle of joy. I try to post when I can to congratulate you, but I mostly only get to read a little on my phone during my breaks at work.

OK, so I was just curious. Does anyone else have a painful belly button? In the right light you can see a slight black and blue ring around mine. I have a sensitive one. If I were to stick my finger in it I would feel pain in my peehole , very uncomfortable. I thought everyone had that until I mentioned it at work last year. Apparently I'm a freak. ha ha. I only found a handful of people who felt the same thing. Everyone else just thinks there's something wrong with me and that it's not normal. They don't understand it.

Anyway, now that my poor belly button is all stretched out and poking out it is really uncomfortable. AND, I keep bumping it on things! Lightly, but that is enough to hurt. Am I alone here, or can any of you relate?
April 22nd, 2014, 04:58 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All around my belly button hurts too. It has a funky colour but I have a bit of a mix of linea nigra going on thay circles my belly button too along with a slightly purple and stretch marked belly button. His head is right there against the skin though so I think it's because it's pulled so tight. When I bump it, no matter how lightly, it stings so bad like I've been cut. It hurts on the actual skin though. That it hurts you elsewhere is a bit different! Nerves gone wild lol. I do have a numb patch on my tummy but other than that it hurts where I bump it.
irish bells likes this.

April 22nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My belly button is not normally sensitive but it has been super sore off and on this entire pregnancy. OB said it is just where everything is stretching. I have discolored skin in a ring around mine as well. Not exactly stretch mark looking - more slightly purple? If I even brush it against anything it can bring tears to my eyes:/
bella88 and irish bells like this.

April 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^this. A thousand times this

April 22nd, 2014, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
Mine is very sensitive too. Mosty it hurts when baby tries to escape through it (somehow she seems to think that's a possibility). Also when my son pokes it from the outside. So basically I just need both of my children to leave the poor belly button alone!
bella88 and irish bells like this.
April 22nd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Veteran
Sort of glad I'm not alone on this. Fortunately, I don't get the peehole deal right now. That's just when I'm not pregnant. It has something to do with a tendon or ligament that stays connected from birth in some people. Related to the umbilical cord, and the nerves still react along it. I had to google it after I found out it wasn't that common.
bella88 likes this.
April 22nd, 2014, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from June DDC, but I have the same pain in my belly button when I'm not pregnant! It hurts when my DD shoves her finger in it..... but, my belly button has since disappeared and it isn't painful anymore. I hope you get some relief soon!
April 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Regular
I have a lone stretch mark on the top of mine, and I don't want to say painful now, it was a week or so ago, but it's numb now.
April 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Mine is very sensitive too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search