Where will baby sleep at first?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am curious what other people do or are planning to do with the sleeping situation with their new born.

We are co sleeping because its easier for me. I would worry too much if he was in another room or even in a bassinet beside the bed at this point. We have a co sleeper bed but we havent used it yet. He is just sleeping beside me in my arm. He is a pretty fussy baby so I have to do what he wants. He isnt as easy going as my first was thats for sure He likes to have that contact and if he wakes up and Im not there its instant screaming crying. If he wakes up with me there he is content to just lay there a bit longer with out freaking out.

April 22nd, 2014, 05:33 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have his bassinet in our room but I have a feeling Jellybean is going to worm his way into our bed more often than not .

April 22nd, 2014, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
We will do the same--she'll sleep attached to me just like her brother did so I can nurse her and sleep at the same time! I'll also keep a swing in the bedroom and probably pop her in there sometimes.
April 22nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
We bought a pack and play with a bassinet attachment that we will keep at the bedside. I am hoping to put her in the crib in her own room when she naps, but we will see how that works!

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
April 22nd, 2014, 06:04 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
We plan to use a bassinet in our room at first. We used it with our son, but only for three weeks. He actually slept better in the crib in his room, and we slept better, too. I wish I could nurse in bed, but never figured that out. I needed a light to get ds latched for a long time, we'll see how this one goes.

April 22nd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
She will be co sleeping attached to a boob. I have a playpen I with a bassinet and change table I'll have next to my bed also. I'm hoping I can get her to sleep in there. My 21 month old sleeps with me still and I don't know what to do with the both of them. He's still super attached to me. Like has to touch me while he's sleeping.

Scarlett Diane

April 22nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
In the crib right next to my bed.

We have a high bed and the crib goes all the way up to it so it feels like it's a little attachment to our bed. I love it

April 22nd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My plan is in a pack-n-play in our room. DS, however, slept much better in his crib in his room from the beginning so I guess we shall see.

April 22nd, 2014, 07:06 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will use a bassinet in our room for the first couple weeks, then when I feel comfortable enough she/he will transition to my bed. I have to see where DD is going to sleep, and we may end up trying the side car for baby, although that didn't work with DD.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
April 22nd, 2014, 07:08 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Max is sleeping with me on my arm. It gets me a solid 5 hour block of sleep once a night. I am more nervous with him for some reason though so I will only allow myself to sleep with him vs dh who is a much sounder sleeper than I am.
April 22nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Either in our bed or in the bassinet next to the bed at first. I think we're going to try putting him to sleep in the bassinet, but he'll most likely end up snuggled in with us when I'm too lazy to put him back lol. The only thing I'm nervous about is that DF is a really sound sleeper, he almost rolled onto DS one time when we were co-sleeping and I freaked out!

April 23rd, 2014, 03:48 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a bed nest (summer infant brand I think...) that will sit in the middle of our bed. I worry to much to co-sleep with a newborn. I don't think it is bad by any means, it just isn't for me. We will likely put her straight in bed with us when she starts to roll, cause the nest won't work at that point. Maybe before, my son started sleeping in bed with us around 2 months to help with nursing issues.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

April 23rd, 2014, 06:13 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjewellove View Post
In the crib right next to my bed.

We have a high bed and the crib goes all the way up to it so it feels like it's a little attachment to our bed. I love it
I got an Arm's Reach bassinet like this! I'm excited to use it. I hope everything works out like I envisioned, but I'm realistic that baby might not like my sleeping plans
April 23rd, 2014, 06:58 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
We got a deluxe rock and play sleeper at one of the baby showers. So far she loves it. It sits right next to the bed and I can easily take her out to feed her. She sleeps great in it! It's sort of reclined and cradles her really well.

April 23rd, 2014, 08:29 AM
Just keep breathing.
We have an Arms Reach bassinet, too. I'm also hoping to have baby nap in her crib.
April 23rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
Regular
We switched my room and attached a co sleeper.
April 23rd, 2014, 05:46 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bun will sleep in our room but in his crib. Aside from not wanting to try sleeping with a baby in the bed, our bed just isn't made for a baby. And I have no intentions of making it so. Bun will be just a few feet away from us.
April 23rd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran
We are going to try having her sleep in her crib in her room, but if that doesn't work we also have a rock 'n play sleeper that I can strap her in to. I think it might fit on my side of the bed. We figured I will have to take her out of the room for anything I'll need to do anyway, so if we can get her to do well in her own room that will be best. Plus, our fur babies will keep an eye on her. They are already finding their new sleep positions to protect all of us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search